HL2 grand master status

clarky003 said:
so the master copy's are off for mass copying?,, then ready to get packadged... .. awsome news, if its true id expect it to go gold in a month or so, possibly just after E3?

lets hope so

hmmm....*wakes up and realizes he just had a dream that he was having a gun fight with "the thing"*....oh ya hl2 sry forgot. dont get your hopes too high ppl...gabe could email back saying that the news is not true and the game is still far from "gold master status". im not trying to be negative im just trying to get you guys ready if valve says none of it is true.

personally ill be surprised if they reply saying hl2 is now in bug testing stages..i honestly, after what hapened with sept 30th, didnt expect hl2 to show up until atleast october 2004.

but if its true...EVERYBODY PARTY!! :p

edit: the possibility of the game having already gone gold and is being mass copied is extremly nill...why? simple, e3 is still a month away...unless valve plans to hold back the mass manufacturing of hl2 so e3 can get everyone excited again or unless they plan on making an extra amount of cds...dont expect to see hl2 until atleast mid june - july or august...and thats if this grand master thing is true.(and means the game is being bug tested)

Wow, its amazing how fast we all work ourselves into a frenzy over a tiny tidbit of uncorroborated rumour ^^

Crusader said:
Wow, its amazing how fast we all work ourselves into a frenzy over a tiny tidbit of uncorroborated rumour ^^

well atleast this news even if it is entirely untrue, should get everyone excited again about hl2 :)

edit: W00t 100 posts :D

Crusader said:

no shit dude, we feed off this stuff

Just so you lot know, I have contacted Vivendi Universal Games in an effort to clarify the situation for us. I don't expect them to reply to be honest. But its worth the 2 mins it took. :)

I can't find it on the site the topicstarter gave..? :p

-- never mind, I found it.

Damn I'm *trying* not to get my hopes up.

I bet you all that Valve and VU games are getting spammed with emails referring to this ..

Usualy im amazingly skeptical about Valve (as you all know)

but i must say im at half wood.

:E

Mr. Redundant said:
A quick search on google has lead me to believe that YES, HL2 has indeed entered "Grand Master" status, here are pictures proving it....

thank you google, once again saving the day.
http://www.hong-gia.org/Photos/Grand-Master6.jpg
http://www.hong-gia.org/Photos/Grand-Master4.jpg
http://www.hong-gia.org/Photos/Grand-Master1.jpg
http://www.hong-gia.org/Photos/Grand-Master2.jpg

No, no...I actually found out what it means. Apparently HL2's AI got so good it just beat the world chess champion, thus giving it grandmaster status.

See: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=grandmaster

(Well either that or Gabe is now a foreign diplomat....it's anyone's call.)

Mr. Redundant:
HL2 has become a 70 years old martial arts champion?

it seems that planethalflife thinks that "grand master status" means nothin, and its just a made up word

There are currently rumors floating around about Half-Life 2 reaching "Grand Master Status." This means... absolutely nothing; it's not true. Half-Life 2 has not gone gold. Outside of mid-80's hip-hop, there's no such thing as a "Grand Master."

Cutey_Kaite said:
it seems that planethalflife thinks that "grand master status" means nothin, and its just a made up word

I would almost say it's credible, but I see it's Fragmaster :|

Shuzer said:
I would almost say it's credible, but I see it's Fragmaster :|
oo didnt notice that, i guess we can go back to speculation

Edit: lol i gotta put that in my sig :D

Cutey_Kaite said:
oo didnt notice that, i guess we can go back to speculation

But wasn't there some big disagreement with fragmaster in the first place over the delay and he turned out to be right that it would not reach the sep. 30 deadline? Seems we may want to learn from past mistakes here and take a more objective view of his opinion.

Neutrino said:
But wasn't there some big disagreement with fragmaster in the first place over the delay and he turned out to be right that it would not reach the sep. 30 deadline? Seems we may want to learn from past mistakes here and take a more objective view of his opinion.

The only reason he was right is because he's stuck to the pessimistic route the whole time.

Neutrino said:

we will know absolutely vilch for fact until valve says something.

Shuzer said:
The only reason he was right is because he's stuck to the pessimistic route the whole time.

True, true. Still doesn't necessarily make him wrong in this case though.

Neutrino said:

Hmm, I wish I had Fragmasters job. He hasn't posted anything on Planet Half-Life for weeks but emerges every now and again to say "Half-Life 2 is not coming out yet. I am right".

As for Grand Master, it sounds like it's a publishers way of saying "Gold". A bit like us saying "Friendly fire" and the military saying "Blue on Blue".

As for Fragmaster knowing the game was delayed... He was right but that doesn't mean he had special info months in advance. I could say that George Bush will win the next US Presidential Election because he has a tiger that can control the minds of voters. Now, George Bush may win but that doesn't mean he has a mind controlling tiger.

Feath said:
Hmm, I wish I had Fragmasters job. He hasn't posted anything on Planet Half-Life for weeks but emerges every now and again to say "Half-Life 2 is not coming out yet. I am right".

As for Grand Master, it sounds like it's a publishers way of saying "Gold". A bit like us saying "Friendly fire" and the military saying "Blue on Blue".

As for Fragmaster knowing the game was delayed... He was right but that doesn't mean he had special info months in advance. I could say that George Bush will win the next US Presidential Election because he has a tiger that can control the minds of voters. Now, George Bush may win but that doesn't mean he has a mind controlling tiger.

tiger? what do u mean :x

Shuzer said:
He means.. GEORGE BUSH HAS A MIND CONTROLLING TIGER! AAAHHHH! Run!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i still dont get it

Grand Master DOES remind me of Grand Master Flash.

So Gordon has entered the music biz? Can't wait for his first single...

Feath said:

Yes, as I said earlier that is why I said "objective view". I am not saying that he knows what he is talking about. I am saying that it would be in error to judge what he says as wrong based on a previous bias.

Feath said:

It was 50:50.

He could have been right, and we could. It turned out he was.. but that's just pure luck, we might as well been 'right' :]
He's not some know-all wise guy or anything. ( not implying that he thinks that)

Is it be possible that he misread or misheard "gold" for "grand" ?

It also sounds like it was VU (Vivendi Universal) that told him, since he mentions VU lingo.

hmm, as much as I am simulataineously preparing for this to be fake and a let down, I really hope it is true of course.

:hmph:

Can someone post a better link, or am I just missing the article on the current one..,

seinfeldrules said:
Can someone post a better link, or am I just missing the article on the current one..,

It's about one sentence long..

"Still waiting on DOOM III to go gold, and someone told me that Half-Life 2 has reached "grand master status" (something like that, not sure what that translates in VU lingo) so maybe Half-Life 2 isn't as far off as we might think."

Shuzer said:
It's about one sentence long..

"Still waiting on DOOM III to go gold, and someone told me that Half-Life 2 has reached "grand master status" (something like that, not sure what that translates in VU lingo) so maybe Half-Life 2 isn't as far off as we might think."
I cant access IGN (never have been able to on this computer), is it some random comment? what was the article it was found in, about?

Mr. Redundant said:
I cant access IGN (never have been able to on this computer), is it some random comment? what was the article it was found in, about?

A roundup of news

Back