HL2 grand master status

well i just emailed gabe telling him halflife2.net wants to know if its true the game has gone into "Grand Master" status and if its true, and if so what does it mean.(also included the link to the article)

doubt ill get any reply since valve is probably being emailed like hell today cuz of that article, but it was worth 5 mins =p

HL2 community level up! HL2 community has learned "Gabe bomb". +18 damage against Doung Lombardi!

oh god, -_- ... RPG ... ladies and gentlemen, welcome to hell

IF the news is true, then i'd agree that it's a finalization of code, and they're bug testing. or something. and if it's true, then perhaps they'll have a playable version at E3, so the gaming sites/mags can write up some hands on previews. but eh it's speculation.

edit: oops, i've just received word that "grand master status" is inaccurate. the game has actually reached funk master flex status :| :afro:

edit again: sweet, i'm a big ugly stinkin' fish now... psst, no double entendre intended ;)

Is this like the hl2 version of starwars "the empire(valve) strikes back"........
first we had "a new hope" that hl2 might be released on sept 30.......

darth lombardi is bowing down to emperor gabe somewhere.....

PainLord said:
HL2 community level up! HL2 community has learned "Gabe bomb". +18 damage against Doung Lombardi!

doug lombardi casts fog: Gabe bomb falls short and magazines accross the world report false previews.

HL2 community casts amnesia. Community forgets false reports.

Can we go back on topic please? :)

Munro said:
Can we go back on topic please? :)
is there really a topic though?
I checked out the Ign blurb, and it definately looks nothing near official.
:(

Everyone seems saying it's fake news and means nothing.. Geesh.

Hooray, another crap bullshit "news"-article.

CrazyHarij said:
Everyone seems saying it's fake news and means nothing.. Geesh.

Hooray, another crap bullshit "news"-article.
well E3 is next month, so regardless the wait for info shouldnt be long

I feel like starting up a new rumor seeing as how fast these things spread.

HL2 HAS REACHED SILVEREY-BRONZE STATUS!!!!!1111!
its official from Gabe!

The Mullinator said:
I feel like starting up a new rumor seeing as how fast these things spread.

HL2 HAS REACHED SILVEREY-BRONZE STATUS!!!!!1111!
its official from Gabe!

OMG!!!!!!!11 I should start an entirely new thread for no reason!!!1

I think this means that Half-Life 2 is now a black belt in Karate, or something.

uhh the thing that i'm wondering about is who the **** told him that it reached this "grand master" bullshit, it could be the dude he lives next door to for all we know

Sai said:
uhh the thing that i'm wondering about is who the **** told him that it reached this "grand master" bullshit, it could be the dude he lives next door to for all we know

Voodoo Extreme is a highly respected game site though.. so, whoever he heard it from was probably of some importance (reading between the lines, it sounded like a VU employee)

Voodoo 3D is a highly respected game site though..

Says who? Why are they any more respected than any of the other sites which basically just copy/paste info?

Apos said:
Says who? Why are they any more respected than any of the other sites which basically just copy/paste info?

Er, lol, generally speaking, anything on IGN is respectable. ANYWAY! Voodoo Extreme is a good site, it was around in the (you guessed it) Voodoo GPU days..

I'm not saying it's MORE respectable than other sites, but, I don't think one of the editors would simply make up what he heard. I'm not saying what he heard is true, I'm just saying it's doubtful that his friend's friend's brother's sister's boyfriend told him that

From the info thread:

"Gabe: Grand Master Status? Wow, that's a new one.
Product's looking good."

Heck, THAT's a new one. That product was ALREADY looking good LAST year, you tease! :)

LOL!

So how could someone that works at a seemably reputable site post such weird news?

Apos said:
From the info thread:

"Gabe: Grand Master Status? Wow, that's a new one.
Product's looking good."

Heck, THAT's a new one. That product was ALREADY looking good LAST year, you tease! :)

what product? the chips his eating, the soap he doesnt use? :LOL:

Maybe they are desperate for attention and ad revenue? :)

oh god i cant wait for e3 where we can actully see this "product"

Half-Life 2? Gold? Yeah, it is... And I'm a Chinese jet pilot. Not till I see it on the shelves.

Grand Master Status? I Gordon Freeman a member of the Klu Klux Klan?

ray_MAN said:
We NEED Spitcodfry to go over there!

Well, somebody call him ffs!

And have read something about this "Grandmaster status" before.
In the "Info by Valve Only" thread. But Gabe replied he didn't have a clue what it ment :rolling:

So, it sure doesn't mean it went gold, or does it?

Back