HL2 in german print-mag

Status
Not open for further replies.
PvtRyan said:
In Part I of the preview (that came out this month) they said 'It's everything we've hoped' and 'It's fantastic, Valve hasn't lost any of it's genius for pure gameplay design'

:cheers: :bounce: :cheese: :eek: :rolling: :thumbs:

Wow, some good info. Looks like we're finally getting some good news about the game :)

and this thread already has over 300 posts! :O

hmmm maybe we can make it to 400 posts :devil: MUAHAHAHAH, god i can't wait for e3 then we can get to the good shiet with hl2 :)

lol holy sh**!

this is a record!!

Me at 3:30: *log in*... hmm.. lets see if theres any good hl2 stuff goin on.. *signs in halflife2.net* .. *looks at general thread's amount of viewers*

210??!?!? holy shazbot!

Man!! GOOD NEWS! always great :thumbs:

FRuKT said:
Why is it so hard to post a link? Some1 please tell me.

h t t p : / / w w w . g i v e m e t h e l i n k . c o m

he who seeks shall be rewarded with the cookies

FRuKT said:
Why is it so hard to post a link? Some1 please tell me.

h t t p : / / w w w . g i v e m e t h e l i n k . c o m
If your talking about a link to scans of the magazine its because its illegal to display images of copyrighted material, which those magazine pages are. So if HL2.net doesn't want to have any trouble with those magazines then they do best not to allow links to sites that post pictures of those magazine scans.

lol whats legal now days in the world? you can be put in prison becouse you eat food from MC Donalds

I do hope thats sarcasm otherwise im a master criminal :O

Nope, that's not tolerated either. It's not like it's difficult to find the files somewhere on the net.

No one can stop anyone that wants to PM any links. Its all done without the mods being able to do anything.

So I am sure that if anyone has the link (I dont) then they will PM you. :)

lol, Angry are we? People on these forums speak alot of languages. Which is that?
Sweedish?
I dunno, just a guess...

Well, the "sverige" part pretty much gives it away I should think.

Navo unimo kirriti naku nanni trimanio drimollocht troman?

...wait, that ain't right. Never mind.

So much tension... can't control... hand. Must not... read details until magazine actually comes out... must... resist...

I'm still not sure whats going on. What would you folks classify late Summer as anyways? I gotta find out whether PCZone/PCGamer will have the same information, albeit at different times...

Edcrab said:
What would you folks classify late Summer as anyways?

Summer is over on August 22nd... so sometime in August, perhaps?

Hell, I'm an optimist. Let's shoot for July. :cheese:

And I noticed you're from the UK. Keep in mind that most American-developed games are released in the US first and lag behind about from one to two weeks in other countries. If you use Steam to download HL2 directly, however, apparently that won't be an issue and the game will be available to everyone the second it's released.

SMT said:
Summer is over on August 22nd... so sometime in August,

Don't you mean September 22nd? I would think that 9/30/2004 qualifies you as an optimist.

SMT said:
Summer is over on August 22nd... so sometime in August, perhaps?

Hell, I'm an optimist. Let's shoot for July. :cheese:

And I noticed you're from the UK. Keep in mind that most American-developed games are released in the US first and lag behind about from one to two weeks in other countries. If you use Steam to download HL2 directly, however, apparently that won't be an issue and the game will be available to everyone the second it's released.

I cant wait !!!!

CreedoG said:
Don't you mean September 22nd? I would think that 9/30/2004 qualifies you as an optimist.

Oh yeah, September 22nd. And I was looking at my calendar too. Damn, I'm tired. Almost quittin' time though.

Yeah... September 30th, 2004 would be sufficiently ironic, wouldn't it? :dozey:

Well, they may do that just to be funny, instead of releasing it a week earlier, they may be the only ones who find it funny though, and i know someone would come on this forum adn complain about it instead of playing the dang game.

I think alot of us would complain about it right up till the day it got released. :E

But let's all bow our heads and pray that Gabe is just leading us on and it's really comeing out the day after e3!

be gr8 if it is a WORLD WIDE release

when thursday comes and i read the mag :O i know that this forum will be filled with NEW news hehehe :D

marksmanHL2 :) said:
No one can stop anyone that wants to PM any links. Its all done without the mods being able to do anything.

Yes, but how hard is it to have some respect for the owners of this site, and just PM people privately, instead of being incredibly lazy and posting about how other people should PM you?

I'll answer my own question: it's not hard at all.

Apos said:
Yes, but how hard is it to have some respect for the owners of this site, and just PM people privately, instead of being incredibly lazy and posting about how other people should PM you?

I'll answer my own question: it's not hard at all.
I PMed three random people last night and didn't get responses. This afternoon I came back in and saw two responses with links.
So please, stop berating people for wanting to see the screens. At first the thread was flooded with these requests when mrchimp clearly said to just PM him, which was a problem. Now people don't know who to PM (and I'm not sure if some even know how to PM), and they want those screens real bad.
As long as every single message isn't a request for a PM, I see no problem.

And P.S. You are not your post count - Responding to spam with OMG don't spam doesn't make much sense.
At first these kind of posts were welcome, but now every time we see a PM request, we see you with your nasty remarks. Just be nice, please. :)

It doesn't matter how much you desperately want the scans: it's a total lack of respect to not bother reading the board rules, reading the messages that say do not ask for PMs, and to post things that can get the people who run this site in trouble. The fact that you can actually have an attitude about someone telling you to stop doing something so rude when you are clearly in the wrong is pretty sad.

The reason I post it is because, hope above hope, maybe some new people actually read at least the end of the thread, and will get a clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back