HL2 PCGAMEPLAY NL score!

i wish i could get some 90s in my classes... :frown:

anyways, 90% seems great to me, yall high school people may be so used to grade inflation that you think a 90 is bad, but at least where i go to school a 90 would kick ass.

Nex321 said:
90% is not a good score, HL2 is supposed to be something special. I expected atleast 95%

Of course 90% is a good score. It's just not a revolutionary earth shattering 10/10 score, that's all.

Concept said:
It's a sad day when people start thinking 90% is a low score.
That's grading inflation for you. Just like inflation in pinball scores... in the beginning high scores where in the order of hundreds of points... then thousands, ten thousands... now it's up in several billions.

WAIT WAIT WAIT......

Everyone here is believing some random guy on some random internet forum that gave us a 5+ word review? LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait until there are scans of it. Also, the summary he gave sounded like some retard wrote the review:

Duurrr Duurrr good gameplay
Duuurrrr NO HL2DM

:| :| :|

I am not expecting HL2 to get 100% no game Except Zelda OOT has ever got 100% (it got 10/10 in Famitsu) so .... 90% is great for me

Concept said:
Of course 90% is a good score. It's just not a revolutionary earth shattering 10/10 score, that's all.
If you think about it, giving a game full score ruins the credibility of the grading system. Even 98%,99% is pushing it. All IMHO of course.

Concept said:

This is just one review (and we're not even sure it's for real), trust me, I'm willing to bet that HL2 will get more awards than it's predecessor ;)

Xcellere said:
Wait until there are scans of it. Also, the summary he gave sounded like some retard wrote the review:

Duurrr Duurrr good gameplay
Duuurrrr NO HL2DM

:| :| :|

Hehe that DURR DURRRR made me think of that special olympics Southpark episode where Eric imitates a retard to participate :LOL:

ok I'm starting to doub'd that it got 90%. Like someone said the poster has no proof. Its like me saying it got 70%

idd, another magazine will give the game a score of 95 & another one 88 and so on. but who cares, IT'S ABOUT HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THE GAME.

CB | Para said:
trust me, I'm willing to bet that HL2 will get more awards than it's predecessor ;)
I find that hard to believe. HL² is far from being as revolutionary as HL was.

I'm willing to bet that HL2 will get more awards than it's predecessor

well, i dont knwo about that, HL1 racked up some major hardware awards-wise, and nowadays there are jsut so many game to compete with, but still i see several Game of the Year titles heading HL2s way. The onyl question is if it will be Game of the Year 2004 or 2005 ;)

Nex321 said:
ok I'm starting to doub'd that it got 90%. Like someone said the poster has no proof. Its like me saying it got 70%
You have no proof to refute it either. Look at it this way.. believe it got a 90, then if it did get higher you will be happily surprised.

OMG GUYS!!!!!!!!

I work for Ziff Davis Publishing (in the printing room) and I saw the PC Gamer review!!!

IT GOT A 60!!!! :O :O :O

Remember that guy who thought that his friend was a beta tester for Half-Life 2 and wrote code to fix the problems he found. He said, "It's a guy I know and I trust him." as well.

This could be true but I see little reason to believe it at the moment. Even if it is true, I hope no one says "ha ha, I told you so". You wouldn't believe it in my position.

90% is a relatively low score for what the other magazines have said about Half-Life 2. What games get 90%+ with this magazine?

BrownTown said:
i wish i could get some 90s in my classes... :frown:

anyways, 90% seems great to me, yall high school people may be so used to grade inflation that you think a 90 is bad, but at least where i go to school a 90 would kick ass.

omg stop this and start thinking please.

If you know that FAR CRY (!) got a 91%, you would expect HL2 to get at least a 95%.

I know I do.

the guy on the board said that he got to look at the mags, because they arrived at the warehouse where he works.

But what kinda boss would let an employee rip open a box of mags, just to get a glimpse off a (secret) review of some stupid videogame?

+

PCGameplay only has to be transported to stores in the Netherlands and in Belgium. It's not such a wide surface to ditribute on, normally mags like those are printed a couple of days before they're put on shelves, since it doesn't take that long to ditribute them.
SO what would those mags be doing in some warehouse about a week prior to the release date?

I say it's BS!

hmmm until I see it not sure I will buy this outright.

90 if a fine score (and NO game should ever get 100 because no game is absolutely perfect)...but it does have MP (and the most popular MP there is) in CS...

I just find it hard to believe they would deduct points for just no HLDM.

And what was the surprise mentioned on the cover? Was it that there is no HLDM? That's not a surprise, surprises are pleasant, would be like saying 'surprise! You've got terminal cancer!'.

I don't believe you.

And I'm shocked that I'm actually hearing people boo-hoo a freakin' 90%. That is good. It's excellent, even. 35% would be a fairly crap score. Not 90%.

You people have ridiculous expectations/standards. Get a grip.

Feath said:
90% is a relatively low score for what the other magazines have said about Half-Life 2. What games get 90%+ with this magazine?

Practically none. It's a very decent magazine not like the other ones.

BrownTown said:
well, i dont knwo about that, HL1 racked up some major hardware awards-wise, and nowadays there are jsut so many game to compete with, but still i see several Game of the Year titles heading HL2s way. The onyl question is if it will be Game of the Year 2004 or 2005 ;)

Yes but how many of these new-gen games actually have a professional writer creating the storyline? or facial animation and characters so real it makes you feel empathy?

There are lots of new goodies in this sequel :)

The game got a 90% because the reveiwers freak out seeing an attractive nerd in a tight fitting Orange HEV suit and a crowbar.

Oh yeah, can everybody stop saying stupid shit like "But Far Cry got 1% higher! That's bull! HL2 should beat that!"? You haven't played the damn game, so what the **** would you know?

Is it really so hard to accept the possibility that Half-Life 2 might actually be a tad inferior to other games?

Guys you don't understand, 90% is crap. There are games getting 90% that are totally crap, HL2 is supposed to be much better than them.

Sorry but in my mind hl2 has got atleast 95% ;)

CB | Para said:
Yes but how many of these new-gen games actually have a professional writer creating the storyline? or facial animation and characters so real it makes you feel empathy?

There are lots of new goodies in this sequel :)

This says **** all about how the game actually plays out as a whole. The end product may be more or less than the sum of its parts.

Absinthe said:
Oh yeah, can everybody stop saying stupid shit like "But Far Cry got 1% higher! That's bull! HL2 should beat that!"? You haven't played the damn game, so what the **** would you know?

Is it really so hard to accept the possibility that Half-Life 2 might actually be a tad inferior to other games?

But HL2 had tp nbe higher than Far Cry.. or how could I ever call myself a fan boy?!

Gee you people are some mad fanboys, it sounds like you wanna kill the reviewers for giving an excellent score to a game you can't judge about yet.

flupke said:
Practically none. It's a very decent magazine not like the other ones.

Since when does Lower scores mean a better magazine? Some games CAN be good you know. A score that doesn't reflect a game is a bad score. Not one that's just higher.

you guys all suck... how the heck does 90% turns out to be a bad score? geez get a grip... sad people

Look at my post, there's a big chance it's all just BS!

The game grading system is not linear. A decent game never gets 50%, it gets 70%-75%. A good game gets around 80% and a great game 90%+.
A game that gets 90% is not twice as good as one that got 45% but maybe 4-5 times as good... even though you really can't make that comparison I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

Absinthe said:

Farcry was totally overrated, I know many that thinks Farcry is boring. Only reason I see it got a high score was because of its graphics, at that time noone has seen anything like it.

Back