HL2 PCGAMEPLAY NL score!

guinny said:
if hl2 really did get a 90...im beginning to get very...very scared that ive wasted the past year and a half of my life...

My god guinny, that's really pathetic, sorry brutally honest here.
What the hell is wrong with 90?

dont take this review so seriously. maybe these guys have sticks up their asses because there is no hl2mp so they docked off 6 points. im interested in the review of the SP

Xcellere said:
I think we need to do a group suicide.

LOL :D

No, even if the only con is : lack of HL2 DM.

We still have possibly the greatest SP experience in years, and the HL2 mods that will be coming out, with HL2 lip sync tools, map editor, etc.

PvtRyan said:
My god guinny, that's really pathetic, sorry brutally honest here.
What the hell is wrong with 90?
He hasn't read any of the other posts in here saying that Doom 3 got an 86 or that the only negative given was a lack of DM.

flupke said:
90%

Pos : physics engine & gameplay
neg : NO HLDM
90%!? 90%?!?!
And the negative is "No Half-Life 2 Deathmatch? WTF?!
I don't believe this whatsoever; and if this is somehow true, it is downright bullshit!
PCGamer knows how to review PC games...especially Half-Life 2. (Latest issue arriving to subscribers this week!)

I know. 90% isn't a bad score at all, but c'mon...IT'S HALF-LIFE 2!

It's like people think HL2 has changed from this supposed (read: not confirmed) score..

It's the same game, regardless. You were all so sure yesterday it'd get 95%+, now a magazine MAY have given it a 90% (which is still high for that particular magazine), and you're all acting like HL2 has suddenly gone from hero to zero.

guinny said:
if hl2 really did get a 90...im beginning to get very...very scared that ive wasted the past year and a half of my life...

Oh lord guinny don't you think that's a little melodramatic? It can't be that terrible. Well, maybe you'd have wasted the past year and a half if you're sole thought, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , was completely consumed with an expectation of HL2 scoring above 90% in some crappy New Zealand gaming mag. Yeah, maybe then it could be considered a wasted year and half.

It's really not that bad man.

The Mullinator said:
Would you ding it off of Splinter Cell 1 as well?

splinter cell 1 is not a good comparison to hl2. i would ding SC1 for no splinter cell mp, if it had a MP component not related to the actual game.

because the question in many people's minds will be, so they have mp, but its not for the same game?

Shuzer said:
It's like people think HL2 has changed from this supposed (read: not confirmed) score..

It's the same game, regardless. You were all so sure yesterday it'd get 95%+, now a magazine MAY have given it a 90% (which is still high for that particular magazine), and you're all acting like HL2 has suddenly gone from hero to zero.

well the same magazine, was the LAST MAGAZINE I EXPECTED this score from.. they were SO positive, even when some other magazines were not. They got interviews with gabe newell and all..

And do not forget: Far cry got a 91% in this mag, so therefore this is bullshit imo.

poseyjmac said:
splinter cell 1 is not a good comparison to hl2. i would ding SC1 for no splinter cell mp, if it had a MP component not related to the actual game.

because the question in many people's minds will be, so they have mp, but its not for the same game?
Well technically you are getting two games in one, CS was sold in retail seperately right? HL2 in that case isn't meant to have multiplayer but the bonus game does.

Splinter Cell didn't come with a bonus game.

This may be true but I dont personaly trust any review thats not US or UK reviewed.....no need to get all worked up about it.....only days till we know what pcgamer thinks so just simma down nowh! :rolling:

Xenome said:
And do not forget: Far cry got a 91% in this mag, so therefore this is bullshit imo.

Or maybe HL2 just isn't as good.

I dunno, just thought I'd throw that out there for the hundredth time.

Xenome said:
And why is that..?

Because its seems that the ratings are always at least a few percentage points different when you compare UK US to other national mags, thats all nothing personal.

The Mullinator said:
Well technically you are getting two games in one, CS was sold in retail seperately right? HL2 in that case isn't meant to have multiplayer but the bonus game does.

Splinter Cell didn't come with a bonus game.

tomato, tomawto man. but CS:S is the MP valve wants people to play when done with SP. so it is in effect hl2's MP.

Its like saying that the negative about the game was that there was no map in the singleplayer game with the name of "ub3r 1337 sauce". or its like saying. "There were no dinousaurs in the game"

Um, I'm guessing this is BS because: Doesn't it say on the front of that US PC Gamer pic that it has the world exclusive? Then this must be BS.

hiln said:
Um, I'm guessing this is BS because: Doesn't it say on the front of that US PC Gamer pic that it has the world exclusive? Then this must be BS.

No, PC Gameplay have a review coming on October 5.

Xcellere said:
No, PC Gameplay have a review coming on October 5.

They said PC gamer would be out this week to subscribers. Anyways, I'll quote from the pic:

"The World-Exclusive First Review". Therefore all the others signed NDAs to not be able to come before the US PC Gamer.

The took points off for it not having vanilla deathmatch? That's bogus. What about Counter Strike: Source?

CS:S is cool and popular, but its got nothing to do with HL2. this is why some hl2 reviews are going to be like, wtf man? and dock points. and its not because there is a lack of 'vanillla deathmatch' its because there is a lack of hl2mp, whatever that could have/may be.

With all of the activity over the past several months, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't believe this at all. The pros and cons sound like they were written by a disgruntled member on this board. "Gameplay" isn't a high - it has to be something ABOUT the gameplay.

And no HL2DM just sounds stupid. No way this is real.

Back