HL2 PCGAMEPLAY NL score!

Torre said:
There's a big "IT'S NOT" in front of it...

You are easily offended Absinthe.
Whatever, till tomorrow.

I don't tolerate other people's ignorance and stupidity all that well. Pardon me, Super Belgian.

-_- stupid me, I thought it was their logic in the form of: pro/con points why they gave the game a rating of 96%

The guy posted that in one of the later pages... he said that was also a con

Damn, 9.0 is still too low if you take into account that Far Cry got a 9.3. Btw Doom 3 had a 8.6 which is a fair score and it would be cool if they rated HL2 at a 9.6 too just like PC Gamer because that's a whole point more. So I still don't believe it. HL2 has no dm what's a little bit dissappointing but there are great mods to be released. Ok, Far Cry has dm but that's only fun for the first 10 minutes. But normally I get the PC Gameplay on Friday and that's tomorrow so I can see it with my own eyes.

Check "PC Gameplay score 90% vs FarCry 93%?!? " Thread.

This isn't a hoax. I will post screens after work tonight if nobody else have.

Well i got the magazine lying on my desk right here... The score indeed is 90%.. I'll quote :

pos :

* brilliant use of physics
*big variation between levels
* very good ingame animations
* Loads of original gameplay stuff

neg :

* No multiplayer deathmatch
* AI squadmates sometimes block your way.

Quote from the text :

"This is the kind of shooter you don't want it to end and only that already tells you how much class this game has. If it could be possible, we would like to see the already announced HL3 & perhaps as soon as possible. Because you just can feel that Valve has alot more of to offer.. But first, just enjoy this world class FPS."

I scanned the score, blurred the rest & skew the image. So it's not really a high quality scan. Check it out here

It's true, then. :)

Thanks flupke, and I think some people owe you an apology too.

flupke said:
Well i got the magazine lying on my desk right here... The score indeed is 90%.. I'll quote :

pos :

* brilliant use of physics
*big variation between levels
* very good ingame animations
* Loads of original gameplay stuff

neg :

* No multiplayer deathmatch
* AI squadmates sometimes block your way.

Quote from the text :

"This is the kind of shooter you don't want it to end and only that already tells you how much class this game has. If it could be possible, we would like to see the already announced HL3 & perhaps as soon as possible. Because you just can feel that Valve has alot more of to offer.. But first, just enjoy this world class FPS."

I scanned the score, blurred the rest & skew the image. So it's not really a high quality scan. Check it out here

Did they say it would recive the highest score if it had multiplayer?

Yep, you saw that in the other thread i guess? :) Yes he says that.

Nex321 said:
Did they say it would recive the highest score if it had multiplayer?

Doesn't seem so, I'll report flupke's post to chris d so that he can put the news up on the main site, if he has missed it.

flupke said:
Yep, you saw that in the other thread i guess? :) Yes he says that.

Grand, so HL2 lost 10 marks for not having a MP...that sucks. But at least we know it's the most original and best SP experience!

Yeah, but look on the bright side... There are loads of mods coming up & there certainly will be a mod who will fake HL2 deathmatch so..

NOOOO!! only 90%?? :(
I mean.. its good but 1% less and its 89 =(

flupke said:
Yeah, but look on the bright side... There are loads of mods coming up & there certainly will be a mod who will fake HL2 deathmatch so..

Hopefully Valve will latch onto one and help them out as well, possibly even getting it on Steam. I'd just hate to see 10 different DM mods with different maps and features etc. I'd rather have one centralised DM mode that everyone plays. :)

I'm just happy to see that shrimpcity has shown his reliability here.

flupke said:
dont forget the 98% of all the planned mods now that wont make it to the end

Indeed Torre... To everyone who didn't believe us ==>

I can understand completely that you won't believe a guy saying it got 90%. But, why should everyone be so sceptic to eachother. You know there is something as 'people not lying'... Now just leave this behind us, but admit that some of you guys here on these forums are extreme fanboys who can't live with the fact that the best game ever (ahum) only (ahum) got 90% (which is a VERY good score imho).

Voila :)

90% is an incredible score from such a strict magazine as PCGP. And lans, they didn't deduct 10 marks because of no multiplayer. HL2 is not flawless, even if it had had a multiplayer with it it wouldn't have got much more than that in this mag. And they did say in the review that it was better than D3 and FC (singleplayerwise), so I guess it isn't that big of a deal after all that FC managed to get a tiny weeny bit better score.

flupke, wat zegt de conclusie onder de pro's en cons?

Points from the PCGameplay
Gameplay : 55/60
Graphics : 18/20
Sound : 17/20
Total : 90%

Release Date is also mentioned : october

There is also a column which says that if Half-Life 2 would have had a multiplayer deathmatch like in the original Half-Life but with the new physics, new levels and vehicles, it would probably have the highest score EVER.

The negative reason the guy gave were kinda sad..."Ya, it has great gameplay/physics on all but I ran into my teammates a few times"-90%

I think he was a little to harsh, but Ill never know until I play it.

I'm going to write some more info :

- You can use the flashlight & a gun at the same time
- you (gordon) can put up automatic turrets
- Headhunter = new alien... a dog-like alien hosted by a headcrab. It's fast!
- There are thermical grenades.
- You can have 4 teammembers & control them with the keyboardbutton 'v'.
- The crossbow has an advanced sniper
- D.O.G. can lift cars. he's friendly, but don't make it angry ;)
- There are big fields of sand owned by the antlions. Here's a little quote about this :

"On a certain moment you have to get over a immense field of sand to reach an enemy base. 1 problem : it's matingseason of the antlions. They react immediatly when you set one step on the sand. Like in real life, the sand is full of garbage. One thing to do is (most handy thing to do) is to use the gravity gun & lift all the garbage & make into some kind of brigde of garbage. So know you don't have step on the sand."

Black said:
There is also a column which says that if Half-Life 2 would have had a multiplayer deathmatch like in the original Half-Life but with the new physics, new levels and vehicles, it would probably have the highest score EVER.

Now we wish they HAD taken the modding community into account...

Xenome said:
For HL2 it's not, and you know it.

Altough this means that there's no HL2 MP, but the SP is VERY good I think. And since we also have Cs;source, dod:source, team fortress 2,etc, theres not a problem.
Problem solved. Try playing it before you go on a rampage against any score. You haven't even read the review yet. Like, the words that form arguments for the pro's and con's. Ring a bell?

edit: Holy crap, this thread is longer than I thought :)

Back