HL2 PCGAMEPLAY NL score!

Platinum said:
what are you saying????? the game crashes and has lots of bugs???? the games done ...

you're missing the point entirely. and if you can't get it, im not going to bother dumbing it down

poseyjmac said:
you're missing the point entirely. and if you can't get it, im not going to bother dumbing it down

oh sorry ........................

THIS IS ONE GUYS OPPINION NOT THE WHOLE WORLDS. WITH EVERY GAME THERE'S BOUND TO BE DIFFERENT OPPINIONS. :upstare:

merc said:
ya why would the game get docked so much just because it doesnt have a flipping deatmatch with it, i mean the games mods will more than make up for it

-merc

Its a total score. The pro's and con's don't give you the score. The pro's and con's were significant highlights of HL2. For any number of arbitrary reasons could have caused HL2 to earn 90%. Assuming its true (sorry I didn't read 270 plus replies).

This is for those of you who believe people are complaining that 90% is a low score for nothing. 90% is not a low score, in fact, it's an extremely good score, yet i think some of us (like me) have a hard time believing we've wasted alot of time waiting for a game that is just "very good", even if the score is low because there is no DM, it doesn't make it feel any better for someone to say what you've been looking forward to for the past year is just another good game . Valve has spent alot of time on this game, and i think it deserves better than a 90% (even though i won't b*itch about it). IMO HL2 deserves a 9 just for the entertainment the binks provided, and playing the games has got to be much more enjoyable ;)

I think that if anybody in these forums actually believes this crap they need their head examined ;)

Hi guys,

I'm THE one and only 'guy' from the warehouse where the magazines are.

I posted the score on the Spelletjesgarnaal.be forum and i read the HL2 review in PCGameplay.

The magazine arrived yesterday (wednesday) at the warehouse and has been shipped to stores today. So with a bit of luck you'll be able to buy it tomorrow...

For the non believers: I'll buy a copy of the magazine tomorrow and take pictures of it, to proof that i'm not making this up...

Oh, btw, one of the other cons about the game is that the friendly AI characters sometimes block your path.

The new screenshots look very nice and so does all the rest. :)

Greets,

Kobayashi

Who cares about NL? :p

I care more about UK and US scores. I mean if US allso gives HL2 over 94% then I don't give a sh*t about the rest.

This is just to clear things up, that this isn't a hoax, like 90% of this board "knew".

If you don't care about the NL score, don't f***ing read/post here.

The Mullinator said:
I don't think they would subtract 10% all becuase of no DM. How many games are there out there that were single player only and didn't have any problems with the marks?

Did the first Splinter Cell game get marks off because of a lack of multiplayer from anyone (especially anything like 10%).

Well I guess sequels are supposed to build on the previous game, not cut large parts out.

no splinter cell get 90% percent I believe, no negative comments that it didn't have multiplayer. (correct me if I am wrong, this is what I remember). I honestly don't believe this is true, the pro's and con's don't fit the standard of pcgameplay at all. 90% however can be true, but I don't think so.

Torre said:
This is just to clear things up, that this isn't a hoax, like 90% of this board "knew".

If you don't care about the NL score, don't f***ing read/post here.

I'm just saying if US gives them over 94% I have more reasons to belive in them. I bet they don't con the game because it doesn't have any MP like NL do.

And who are you to say what I should do and don't?

Stop f* around... Torre's post was just to clarify that Koba wasn't lying! Leave it now..

L337_Assasain said:
This is for those of you who believe people are complaining that 90% is a low score for nothing. 90% is not a low score, in fact, it's an extremely good score, yet i think some of us (like me) have a hard time believing we've wasted alot of time waiting for a game that is just "very good", even if the score is low because there is no DM, it doesn't make it feel any better for someone to say what you've been looking forward to for the past year is just another good game . Valve has spent alot of time on this game, and i think it deserves better than a 90% (even though i won't b*itch about it). IMO HL2 deserves a 9 just for the entertainment the binks provided, and playing the games has got to be much more enjoyable ;)

You don't realize that it doesn't matter wether or not you think a game you've never played deserves above 90%.

You don't realize that 90% is, by most game reviewers' definitions, an "excellent score". Not a "very good" one. And even then, a "very good" game is well worth a purchase.

Most of you people don't understand that you can't factor a mod community into a review. You're evaluating the product as-is. Not how it will be two months from now.

Most of you people are in no position to say what kind of score HL2 reviews.

Most of you people understand nothing.

It's very obvious then that us belgians are used to more critical reviews then UK or US reviews.

And i'm not telling you to do anything, it annoys me to see your post begin with "Who cares about NL?" ... Maybe dutch or belgian people do.

Think before you post.

flupke said:
Stop f* around... Torre's post was just to clarify that Koba wasn't lying! Leave it now..

Was that to me? did you even read his post?

Torre said:
It's very obvious then that us belgians are used to more critical reviews then UK or US reviews.

And i'm not telling you to do anything, it annoys me to see your post begin with "Who cares about NL?" ... Maybe dutch or belgian people do.

Think before you post.

Thats why I had the :p smiley you know......that I was kidding around alittle.

Ofcourse some of you care more about it than the uk and us one.

LOOL, when everyone in the world is glad when they get a rating of 60% on test's they still bitch if a game doesnt goes higher then 90%

**** you, and you and you, **** you all!

I'm still figuring out what you just said EVIL ... :)

Sry there Nex321, it's just some guys who replied in this thread make my blood boil, kinda didn't see the smiley.

Oh well, i'm going back to waiting.

Torre said:
I'm still figuring out what you just said EVIL ... :)

Sry there Nex321, it's just some guys who replied in this thread make my blood boil, kinda didn't see the smiley.

Oh well, i'm going back to waiting.

Np, I better stop joking around before something serious happens ;)

flupke said:

Actually, this doesn't clarify anything for me. I still see no reason to believe any of you people. That is unless there's been something else previously in this topic. I really can't be bitched to wade through all this crap.

Torre said:

Oh yes, you mighty Belgians can certainly withstand them hardcore critical reviews! Better than us pussyfoot English speakers! God knows that we only live to be appeased by hearing what we want to hear!

Think before you post.

Gold.

Just. ****ing. Gold.

Absinthe, I didn't mean to be offensive with what i said there, so you're just taking it the wrong way. The second quote wasn't even referring to you.

And no, there isn't any proof yet, but koba said he would show proof tomorrow. So after tomorrow, you can shout out that you all were correct if he doesn't.

is that summory all that is posted here? god this community is getting slow

Torre said:
Absinthe, I didn't mean to be offensive with what i said there, so you're just taking it the wrong way. The second quote wasn't even referring to you.

How am I supposed to take it?

And yes, I know you weren't referring to me. I just thought it was ironic that you'd make such a statement like that and then say "think before you post".

And no, there isn't any proof yet, but koba said he would show proof tomorrow. So after tomorrow, you can shout out that you all were correct if he doesn't.

If I'm to believe the scans I've seen (which I usually do), then I don't really need any proof. In any case, a 90% is not going to stop me from buying the game...
UNLIKE SOME OF YOU DAMN DRAMA QUEENS.

why is the pcgamer score taking the points "ever stupid corridors" "the end of the story" as cons. I dont see the logic, they didnt complaint about corridors @ the doom 3 review. and if its the end of the story, then why is hl3 in the making?

EVIL said:
why is the pcgamer score taking the points "ever stupid corridors" "the end of the story" as cons. I dont see the logic, they didnt complaint about corridors @ the doom 3 review. and if its the end of the story, then why is hl3 in the making?
hmm.. I read that as positive; it's not the end of the story meaning there will be hl3 and.. it's not ever stupid corriders like in doom3, so all in all it's really positive.

EVIL said:

PC Gamer do "It's" and "It's not" as opposed to pros and cons. Try putting "it's not" in front of those words!

EVIL said:

It didn't say "Cons" necessarily. I'm confused by the "It's Not" bit.

You are easily offended Absinthe.
Whatever, till tomorrow.

EVIL said:

It's saying "it's not: the end of the story". And reams of corridors are large cliche in FPS games, so I assume they mean it's a relief to not have to go through hundreds of corridors that look exactly the same again, and that it's good HL2 is avoiding this sort of thing.

Back