HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by eljoniz
downloaded it now but all i can see is code and code and even more code sorry but i am nit an expert, should i compile now everything???

O GOD KILL ME NOW!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS STUFF. THIS COMMUNITY WAS ONCE FUN TO BE IN, NOW ITS JUST HELL!!!!! THIS SUCKS. PEROID.

Just got an error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /data/users/www.halflife2.net/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Hope the forum server holds up.

What if the code is incomplete what can they do with it if its incomplete

About the whole "isn't the SDK the whole code" and all debate, from what I've learned in my game classes so far here at DigiPen, no, the SDK wouldn't be the whole code.

Basically, programs use functions quite often. Lets say Valve created a function called func_KillAllEnemies. This isn't native to any programming language, so they need to define what func_KillAllEnemies will do so that when the computer sees this it'll know what to do. So perhaps Valve will code something like:

void func_KillAllEnemies(void)
{
EnemiesAlive[]=0;
}

Or something. This would be considered the source code.
Next, Valve would compile this to a certain degree, perhaps putting it in a file called KillEnemies.obj. They would then in the SDK tell people that there was such a function as func_KillAllEnemies, but they wouldn't necessarily tell them how it worked, just tell them what they needed to give it to make it work. The coders would link to KillEnemies.obj so that the compiler would know what to do, but they themselves wouldn't see what func_KillAllEnemies did internally.

That's more the difference between source code and SDKs.

Could someone throw up another thread just for the knuckleheads that want to reveal possible spoilers?

Originally posted by Wilson502
What if the code is incomplete what can they do with it if its incomplete

More damage than they could have done with no code.

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
O GOD KILL ME NOW!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS STUFF. THIS COMMUNITY WAS ONCE FUN TO BE IN, NOW ITS JUST HELL!!!!! THIS SUCKS. PEROID.

and we just love you too sunshine.

Guys, I just found in the leacked version on the internet some concept arts its a big spoiler, shall I post it here.

Originally posted by alehm
You are going to rape people? Can you give me your computer then. You won't need it for the next 30-life. LOL

i leave no witnesses :devil:

Originally posted by incorrigible
Just got an error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Too many connections in /data/users/www.halflife2.net/www/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40

Hope the forum server holds up.

I'v had that plus several page cannot be displayed, which means some of my posts were lost

Originally posted by RblDiver
About the whole "isn't the SDK the whole code" and all debate, from what I've learned in my game classes so far here at DigiPen, no, the SDK wouldn't be the whole code.

Basically, programs use functions quite often. Lets say Valve created a function called func_KillAllEnemies. This isn't native to any programming language, so they need to define what func_KillAllEnemies will do so that when the computer sees this it'll know what to do. So perhaps Valve will code something like:

void func_KillAllEnemies(void)
{
EnemiesAlive[]=0;
}

Or something. This would be considered the source code.
Next, Valve would compile this to a certain degree, perhaps putting it in a file called KillEnemies.obj. They would then in the SDK tell people that there was such a function as func_KillAllEnemies, but they wouldn't necessarily tell them how it worked, just tell them what they needed to give it to make it work. The coders would link to KillEnemies.obj so that the compiler would know what to do, but they themselves wouldn't see what func_KillAllEnemies did internally.

That's more the difference between source code and SDKs.
Wouldn't it really just be more behind-the-scenes stuff? I remember the Neverwinter Nights editor providing the code to all their functions...

Originally posted by G0rgon
Guys, I just found in the leacked version on the internet some concept arts its a big spoiler, shall I post it here.

go ahed gorgon, we could always use some more reasons to have you banned again!

OH SHIT CHECK THIS OUT
from physics code.
look at the comment on top

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Purpose: Get debug rendering data from the ipion physics system.
void CVehicleController::GetCarSystemDebugData( vehicle_debugcarsystem_t &debugCarSystem )
{
IVP_CarSystemDebugData_t carSystemDebugData;
m_pCarSystem->GetCarSystemDebugData( carSystemDebugData );

// Raycast car wheel trace data.
for ( int iWheel = 0; iWheel < VEHICLE_DEBUGRENDERDATA_MAX_WHEELS; ++iWheel )

check this website out.
http://www.ipion.com/

Originally posted by Letters
Wouldn't it really just be more behind-the-scenes stuff? I remember the Neverwinter Nights editor providing the code to all their functions...

Oh, I don't know, I was just surmising from the knowledge I've learned in, what, 5 weeks thus far :/ lol

I take it this code has Steam stuff in it then?

(with this talk of cheats...)

i dont see this as a big deal because they cant play the game and there is no artwork, or any game content

Originally posted by |CC|Hudson
go ahed gorgon, we could always use some more reasons to have you banned again!

why you always like that man.

you r the only person that flamed me since June.:borg:

Unless Half Life 2 was delayed because Valve knew about this leak and was intending on getting things fixed by the holidays, please get ready for a 2004 release.

Originally posted by G0rgon
why you always like that man.

you r the only person that flamed me since June.:borg:

maby because ohhh i dont know, i dont like you very much??!!

So does anyone have a link to the source code? Or at least a link to a site that has a link to it? I would love to look at it and absorb all the data in there. I'm learning C so it would be quite a learned experiance :D

Originally posted by droper
OH SHIT CHECK THIS OUT
from physics code.
look at the comment on top

// Purpose: Get debug rendering data from the ipion physics system.
void CVehicleController::GetCarSystemDebugData( vehicle_debugcarsystem_t &debugCarSystem )
{
IVP_CarSystemDebugData_t carSystemDebugData;
m_pCarSystem->GetCarSystemDebugData( carSystemDebugData );

// Raycast car wheel trace data.
for ( int iWheel = 0; iWheel < VEHICLE_DEBUGRENDERDATA_MAX_WHEELS; ++iWheel )

check this website out.
http://www.ipion.com/
Yeah... it makes sense that it would... get data from the physics engine... in the... physics... part...

yea gorgon just post em, thread cant get much more illegal then it allready is lol.

IT still doesnt matter they cant do anything with this code. There is no game content

This is really sad. I hope that no harm will be done to them. I really feel sorry for the valve guys. How could such a thing happen? If they released the game on 30th of september evereything would of been fine.

Even so the guyz have worked 5 years on this game, I don't know how exactly it got leaked.

Anyways here is something i got from my friend to cheer you up.

I shall not post excerpts from the code.

I found the follwing files:

ihvtest_readme.txt
ihvtest_run.bat
build_ihvtest.bat

The readme.txt has instructions on how to compile the code. Which means that this build was also sent out to IHVs to test it on their graphics card. So it is possible that ATI or nVidia leaked it.

Since it is just code, i would have nothing to worry about. There really isnt much use for it because they are no textures, models, or any game data at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back