HL2 SP MAP RELEASE: Antlion Troopers

antlion_assault0103.jpg

antlion_assault0114.jpg

antlion_assault0090.jpg

antlion_assault0091.jpg

pics for those who havent seen them yet.

I've played it. Kickass mod dude. The matrix music is perfect too. I just have a question: do the antlions ever stop? Can you beat the mod? Or do they just continually respawn? Anyway, this is great work.

Looks awesome! I can't wait to get Half-Life 2 so that I can try it.

Also, I love the Starship Troopers referance.

SWEET!!!!!

Thanks dude, been waiting for this one (im to lazy to post over at hl2world)

RomeoJGuy said:
it ends... keep playing the end is one of the coolest parts. :p

I'm trying. My guys die so damn fast though. Its just me, 1000 antlions and my turned-over turrets. :p Have I told you that I really like this mod? No? I really like this mod.

omg this map is begging for the song from Starship Troopers - Klendathu drop!!

Nice work!

This is a cool mod although I are you suppose to enable the AI manually? Also my turrets don't do anything. Also, it'll run great for awhile and suddenly the frames will drop to about 1 every 5 seconds or so. Still, quite a bit of fun though. The ending is pretty cool.

Enable ai manually?

Its all done for you.

Just run hl2.

then play map and it will tell you 1 minute to setup defence.

Then you set it up.

And if you read the link I have a section on lowering the lag issues.

AA is a man baddies with this. So it is suggested you disable it when playing this map.

Heh, looks great. Simplistic yet challenging.

I don't have Half-Life 2 yet, but your mod is the first on the list when I beat the game (unless the single-player is so addictive that I won't touch the mods for a while).

Oh, man. this is just plain great.

The action is nonstop. I've gotten up to what I assume is the ending part, and died.

It's intense.

Do another one!

A message appears when it ends because I saw no way to make it just quit

game_end didnt work.

It says like:

"You survived the horror"

Yes another another! Except this time...the antlions have found their way into City 17!!!

Put Dr. Breen on top of a pillar or something and we have to save him from all teh antlions!!!
No?

:hmph:

RomeoJGuy said:
Enable ai manually?

Its all done for you.

Just run hl2.

then play map and it will tell you 1 minute to setup defence.

Then you set it up.

And if you read the link I have a section on lowering the lag issues.

AA is a man baddies with this. So it is suggested you disable it when playing this map.

I got everything working fine now. Thanks for the mod Romeo, I'm having a blast with it.

Very fun map. I beat it on my 3rd or 4th try. It's great except every time I start it, it says "Node Graph Out Of Date. Rebuilding...." and pauses for like 5 seconds. I was surprised how little it lagged with AA being on 4x. Nice job.

Yeah I dunno how to fix that.

What its doing is building the graph of info_nodes for npcs to move along uneven terrain better. That is how combine can walk along the walls, and stuff, etc.

Dude, my only comment is that you can run out the base and sit at the side of the map and the antlions wont come after you (except the guard) other then that it kicked ass.

Looking forward to see your next release.

reminds me of that scene in STAR SHIP TROOPERS where the antlions overrun that small base and all the troopers try to defend it.

bi0h4z4rd said:
reminds me of that scene in STAR SHIP TROOPERS where the antlions overrun that small base and all the troopers try to defend it.

That's what it's based on. And they aren't antlions, they're "bugs"

The bugs own yoo

bi0h4z4rd said:

Duh, that's what it's based on! :)

will try and do that.

Ill definately keep the vmf for when mapping for sven coop 2 has started.

Im gonna try porting it for hl2dm tommorrow after my calc 2 (ugh) final. :frown: Havent studied much for it. I forsee me failing it. :x

We need a Ravenholm inspired mod like this. A Night of the living dead thing where they need to defend a house from zombies.

I love the map the only thing that bothered me was the fact that the Antlions spawned so close, i would have loved it if they spawned farther away and attacked. Would have built up some tension. It would have been even better with a break in the action just before it seems to overwhelm the player and maybe some reinforcements come in (like a helicopter and some combine) to mop up and that would be the ending. Never had so much fun since the Helm's deep level for sven coop.

I was thinking normal zombies first wave, and their headcrabs jumping off their heads if you don't get headshots, then 2nd wave would be the fast zombies mixed in. The 3rd would be the big huge zombies with poisen headcrabs. Then it would continue with different ratios.

Heh you read my mind about something like helms deep.

I am planning to try and make a realistic seige battle. With catapults that when they hit the wall it is all bashed in using the physics. :cheers:

Back