HL2 SP MAP RELEASE: Antlion Troopers

Great mod :) I could see something like this being a cool MP map if done with teams... some kind of objective based game... does anyone know if player can be Ant Lions? :)

Lol great map but it is easy to survive :D
Cause if you grap a turret and run out side.
And keep running away from the antlions, the turrent kills em all

Oh man this was freaking awesome!!!

3 suggestions

1) See if you can get this ported to hl2dm
2) It would be sweet like someone else said is if you can spawn them farther off and have them hafta travel and distance before they can get to the base instead of just on top instantly.... then the combine gunners would have a chance to open fire for a while :-P :-P very very cool... or you can take the combine out for the multiplayer (if everything actually works) and it will be humans on the guns and defending.... that would also be very fun.

3) Music is a nice choice and adds a lot to the tension (matrix?).. would get kind of bland without it... also at the very end would it be possible for the drop ship to open its cargo bay door (like where the combine get out) and you climb in and flys away, then fades to black and says "mission complete" ?

Or even go all out and have it so you get delivered to the base on walk off the transport into the base then get the warning that the antlions are coming... this would be a blast in multiplayer also... especially moreso if players could man the guns for a while while the antlions were at distance but kept coming and coming in greater numbers to overwhelm the gunners

For multiplayer you might have to limit the ragdolls to 5 or less because i know whenever i'm fighting large groups of antlions in multiplaer the ragdolls make it crash real quick... also to note that the ar2 alternate fire will crash the server everytime.

also romeo you might need scripts to get the ai "activated" in DM you probably already knew

But i'm not sure if you can have the level run a custom script when it loads to enable it automatically

ie.. the whole "ent_fire antlions setrelationship "player d_ht 50" thing

good luck i can't wait to see if it works okay in multiplayer!

You dont need scripts there are entities for changing or setting ai relationships thats how I have all the combine liking you.

Even in multiplayer? Cool that's a lot handier than having to activate them

The ending isnt that great, you should make it that there are alot of combines storming from all sides and you just need to get out of there and then it ends.

LittleB said:
That's what it's based on. And they aren't antlions, they're "bugs"
antlions are bugs , they arent made up they are bugs in real life. i was reading my son a book the other day and it started talking about ant lions ....i was like wtf! lol

This would be so kewl for MP/LAN. Of course if you did LAN ud need the bot to b there still (must be possible?)

Gr8 mod! :)

It was going OK until I got this, and my CPU went into overdrive.

Otherwise, superb! :D

Attachments

• antlion_troopers_bug.jpg
    antlion_troopers_bug.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 481
VERY NICE! Cant wait to get home and play.

Read the readme file in the zip, it is pretty straight forward.

Cheers,
bbyybb.

Still cant figure out how to download. Site still redirects me to microsoft.

The link is down, it shows me the windows error screen (of windows explorer)... or did your server crash?

its on hl2world
in community releases since the censore is still in effect I cant give a direct link.

I tried just using a redirect on my site but it seems to have buggered up Ill see what happened.

www.romeojguy.com said:
Chris Harris aka RomeoJGuy
This forum ain't big enough for two people named "Chris Harris"... I'll pack my bags.

What the hell? What is fixed? Linky still wont work...
EDIT: And theres no download link in hl2world.

ok really fixed now.

but let you know its also on front page of hl2world.

Just add a www. and .com

to download there you have to be registered.

Downloading from pcgamemods you do not.

Dude, it is ridiculous how much fun I'm having playing this map. Well done.

Wow This Map Is Fkn Brill! Well Done There Romeo Keep Em Comin!

Yep, its really cool, now convert it to multiplayer and add some stages like:
First alot of antlions
then there are the antlion guards
and then something bigger and finall (or more stages would be even more fun)

And then add yourself to the DM map creating contest.

Gj mate, youre brilliant

this mod > every other mod

convert it to multiplayer and i will let you borrow my girlfriend

RomeoJGuy, mind posting a screenshot of the 3D view of Hammer so I can see how you planted all the nodes? I was quite amazed that everyone was able to navigate around so well.

I enjoyed the map a lot! Great fun. Only there's one thing: at the point the Antlion Guard spawns, the framerate drops to like 1 frame per 5 secons (no exaggeration) while the rest runs smooth. After a while on pause, it returns to normal.

WTF. I just got back from work where i visited HL2world and checked out the instructions and stuff. Now i'm at home and hl2world says IM BANNED ?!!!?! WTF? I don't even have an account there :(

Anyway I can't see the links where to download the files and the instructions and stuff. Could anyone please help me out? (or explain why the hell i'm banned from i site i don't even have an account for?)

thanx

edit: I checked romeo's site for some links, but they also link to hl2world so no luck ;(

try emailing them and asking why u cant acces their site. im sure they will "un-BAN U" so to speak.

no other links ive heard of sorry

awesome. can't wait to play it, seems like a lot of fun! thanx RomeoJGuy!

Looks awesum, will download when I'm home. Anyway, make it a mod instead of a map and increase the size of the antlion models :).

this incontestably needs to become a mini-mod. map one or two other scenarios, include multiplayer support and you've got something people WILL play.

why?

Versable said:
Looks awesum, will download when I'm home. Anyway, make it a mod instead of a map and increase the size of the antlion models :).
instead of making the antlions bigger, make the base bigger and add more turrets but the same amount of troops to make a thin line,
also the walkways need to be big enough for to people, i shot my guys to get around them to place turrets.

****, i have registered with 3 email accounts, it's been 2 hours, i still don't get 1 single activation email.

Back