HOLY SH!T !! Operation Flashpoint 2 SCREENS !!

the characters do look like playdoe boys, but the environments look wicked, and if this manages to surpass the scale of Operation flashpoint, in variety and map size,, then it will rule all military sims, the Army have already got their version I heard, but it does look very cool, a bit more freedom goes a long way, multiplayer and single player variety, and co-op on massive missions will be truely class at this level of detail, I want :p

Although it doesn't look perfect, I'd still give 200$ for it :D

it dont looks so good but operationg flashpoint was the coolest militar game ever and lets hope they keept that

also I heard it will come in the 2007 so maybe this is a early version

Zerimski said:
Where, in any of my posts, did I state that the game itself would be bad? In fact, the only thing you can base an opinion on from screens is the graphics, so what else am I supposed to assess? You cannot make the assumption that the gameplay will be good, based purely on the screenshots. If you do, you are no better than someone who says it will be poor, based on screenshots. Also, you cannot make the assumption that the gameplay will be good because it's the sequel to a great game. Countless sequels have proved that not to be the case.

I enjoyed what I played of OFP, and I hope that the sequel will maintain the great gameplay. However, that doesn't stop the models looking shockingly bad.

First of all, my post was not a response to anything you've posted in this thread. In fact I have no idea what you've posted in this thread, I'll have to go back and check it out.

Secondly, if you even read my post, you'd know it was filled with my hopes and not a single judgement of a game that has yet to be released. I'm not going to make any judgements on a game until I play it, especially based on some early still shots.

Developers can't reach the pinnacle of gameplay because they have to spend all of their time making the game pretty for people who can't see past top of the line graphics. I'm not saying that you're doing this, but, it just drives me crazy to hear people rule a game out simply because it's graphics aren't a generation better than a game that came out two months ago.

I guess people who grew up playing Pong are more appreciative of the little things than kids who grew up playing Halo.

Fishlore said:
I guess people who grew up playing Pong are more appreciative of the little things than kids who grew up playing Halo.

Oh man you're so oldskewl!

Don't care about the models, all that matters is that this is the sequel to one of the best games ever made. Full stop.

Axyon said:
Don't care about the models, all that matters is that this is the sequel to one of the best games ever made. Full stop.
Agreed. OFP was ****ing amazing. Just simply amazing. One of the best games I ever played. If this has even the same gameplay as OFP, I'll be the happiest kid alive.

Operation Flashpoint 2 will be called Armed Assault , check the page..

http://www.flashpoint2.com/tvhtml/podstranky/2.php
http://www.armedassault.com/

and also Game Factory Interactive sent out a press release announcing that Jagged Alliance 3D was not canceled and its development runs according to the schedule and very soon the audience will see new details of the project. As it was stated before, Jagged Alliance 3D is the sequel of the famous series of tactical turn-based games, presenting the new level of quality and following the best traditions of previous games. The unique turn-based system, high game world interaction, true physic and well-know characters - everything to make happy even the most zealous fans of JA. Moreover, Mist Land development team is preparing to start the Jagged Alliance 3 (logical JA2 sequel) development. This project is on pre-production stage now and more information on it will be available later.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/scripts/Redir.asp?sLanguageCode=EN&iGameID=126

Onager said:
HOLY SHIT! That looks awesome!

It will blow BF2 out of the water...

I doubt that very much, have you seen the physics used in BF2?
Plus the texture quality looks far better

I wonder if they fixed the horrendous collision detection...

lister said:
I take it you've never played OFP? It was the first game to use vehicle physics realistically. Came out before Halo did as well, and the physics were/are alot better.
Pi Mu Rho said:
I wonder if they fixed the horrendous collision detection...
Well...except maybe with the collision detection and damage models :p.

Either way i wouldn't be surprised if the physics in this surpass BF2 in every way. Actually i wouldn't be surprised at all if OFP2 completely shits on BF2 in every way.

If it comes with the easy editor and scripting system again, BF2 can go f*ck itself.

Maybe if they can make the soldiers look a bit more beefy and less like Bill Gates in a BDU, then I might be amazed

TBH, BF2 has better models, I don't see a canteen or ammo pack on those soldiers at all, just kevlar and camo.

OFP2 is going to rule BF2. Anybody who says otherwise is going to get my cock in their face.

You're going to have too pull that dick out of your ass before you can hit anybody with it. ;)

EA GAMES CHALLENRGE EVERYTHINGZ!!!111

could all the graphics whore please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

ahem :)

Man I am so pumped by this news. As anyone who has played the first OFP knows it is still the best military soldier sim out there. BF wasn't able to better it. OFP2 I hope will have the same amazing gameplay. And I dont give a **** about character models either. Some of you sound like CSNATION nerds - wheres teh gpig and teh 1337cru!11??

Anyone remember the extra hard standalone Special Forces Missions?

Oh My God - the one where you have to infiltrate the enemy base and take out the Tanks. Or the one where you have to ambush a convoy.

****ing amazing. The squad control ruled.

Cons Himself said:
EA GAMES CHALLENRGE EVERYTHINGZ!!!111

could all the graphics whore please stand up, please stand up, please stand up.

ahem :)

Man I am so pumped by this news. As anyone who has played the first OFP knows it is still the best military soldier sim out there. BF wasn't able to better it. OFP2 I hope will have the same amazing gameplay. And I dont give a **** about character models either. Some of you sound like CSNATION nerds - wheres teh gpig and teh 1337cru!11??

Anyone remember the extra hard standalone Special Forces Missions?

Oh My God - the one where you have to infiltrate the enemy base and take out the Tanks. Or the one where you have to ambush a convoy.

****ing amazing. The squad control ruled.

Aye, the long wolf mision was so damn cool.... I think thats the one anyway..

The one with the tanks you mentioned. :p Sooo damn cool.

The one that did it for me was the tank ambush, the noise they made passing a few meters away from you was amazing.

lister said:
Those 2 sentences sum up everyone who hates the look of this game.

Graphics whores.

StardogChampion said:
Those 2 sentences sum up everyone who hates the look of this game.

Graphics whores.

But if you haven't played the original, what else is there to judge it on from screenshots?
Admittedly, you shouldn't actually judge a game solely on screenshots, but thats all that's possible at the moment.

if you havent played the original, then go pick it up for 5 pounds from the bargain bin and play it

Zerimski said:
Spot the difference...

One of these is a badly modelled plasticine character, and the other is Morph.

:p :p :p Some peoples wit can amaze me sometimes

Zerimski said:
Spot the difference...

screen4_large.jpg

morph.jpg

One of these is a badly modelled plasticine character, and the other is Morph.

Best post I've seen in a loooooong time.

Forget the models. If this game retains any of the gameplay from the first, it will be the best FPS game in this year, and probably better than any last year too.

In the mean time, I spose I'll just keep playing more mission for the first...

I never grew up on pong (ain't no halo kiddie either thank you) or played Operation flashpoint (you don't know how much I want to) but gameplay > graphics any day of the week.

more info on the Armed Assault

The game should be finished in Q4/2005.
Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.
Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

- Compatible with community created content
- Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles
- Fight for freedom in a new storyline
- Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail
- Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress
- Customizable game with built-in mission editor

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/aapressrelease.html

NikolaX said:
more info on the Armed Assault

The game should be finished in Q4/2005.
Brought to you by the creators of Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault will reacquaint gamers with the ultimate in realistic, combat gaming.
Armed Assault features a new engine with a fresh modern setting. Freedom of action and immersive complex environments, blended with a unique touch of total simulation.

Get ready to explore massive environments. Combat intelligent enemies that try to outthink and outmaneuver you. Preserve the lives of yourself and your squad members in the heat of a modern armed conflict.

- Compatible with community created content
- Large selection of playable military and civilian gear and vehicles
- Fight for freedom in a new storyline
- Map covering over 100 sq. km, in extreme detail
- Comprehensive multiplayer support with join in progress
- Customizable game with built-in mission editor

http://www.bistudio.com/presspages/aapressrelease.html
q4 this year, awesome. :thumbs:

I can make a game that looks better than that in five minutes.

Seriously, that looks worse than HL1

The Battlefield series was/is/always will ride on OFP coattails and is inferior to the OFP engine. Ofp's community is more mature and connected than the BF kiddies. OFP has emensly larger maps than BF and is more realistic. It can actually state that in the game, it is one shot one kill, where one is as vulnerable as the next. I tried Battlefield, and I was disgusted with it's inaccuracies and bunny hopping "l33t sp34king" 11 year olds.

I'm not bought out by graphics. Sure, they look good, but I know that very few people will have those results. OFP's screenshots and addons are already more realistic than BF2. Such addons that come to mind are BAS's Deltas and Suchey's MARPAT marines and Naval Infantry.

Battlefield has only multiplayer going for it, and even that is "meh"; you will rarely see a group of gamers in MP helping eachother, like seen in the trailers. Instead, you will have a pilot crashing into a tower, a tanker tking an entire squad and a footsoldier,calling everyone "f'n h4x0rzz!111". Battlefield Single Player is a joke, lets not forget that. In OFP however, there is many unique gaming types, unlike BF, which has few game types, all being a re-hash of a simple C&H.(capture and hold)

OFP has an interesting storyline, all 3 sides are portrayed as humans with fears and limitations. It was the first game where both armies were capable of winning and losing. In contrast to "AMG USA USA!111", Nato(your side) looses several battles. Rarely games portray the loosing side of a battle.
OFP has a negative view on war, while BF has a "gung ho" kind of attitude.

Before a mission began, a journal entry written by the character was given, sometimes giving personal information that deepens character. BF2's story, if you can call it that, seems more like a C&C:Generals FPS.(Why is America fighting China?! IN THE MIDDLE EAST?!??)
So in conclusion:

BF:Arcadey POS
OFP:Realistic War Sim

Back