HOLY SH!T !! Operation Flashpoint 2 SCREENS !!

French Ninja said:
The Battlefield series was/is/always will ride on OFP coattails and is inferior to the OFP engine. Ofp's community is more mature and connected than the BF kiddies. OFP has emensly larger maps than BF and is more realistic. It can actually state that in the game, it is one shot one kill, where one is as vulnerable as the next. I tried Battlefield, and I was disgusted with it's inaccuracies and bunny hopping "l33t sp34king" 11 year olds.

I'm not bought out by graphics. Sure, they look good, but I know that very few people will have those results. OFP's screenshots and addons are already more realistic than BF2. Such addons that come to mind are BAS's Deltas and Suchey's MARPAT marines and Naval Infantry.

Battlefield has only multiplayer going for it, and even that is "meh"; you will rarely see a group of gamers in MP helping eachother, like seen in the trailers. Instead, you will have a pilot crashing into a tower, a tanker tking an entire squad and a footsoldier,calling everyone "f'n h4x0rzz!111". Battlefield Single Player is a joke, lets not forget that. In OFP however, there is many unique gaming types, unlike BF, which has few game types, all being a re-hash of a simple C&H.(capture and hold)

OFP has an interesting storyline, all 3 sides are portrayed as humans with fears and limitations. It was the first game where both armies were capable of winning and losing. In contrast to "AMG USA USA!111", Nato(your side) looses several battles. Rarely games portray the loosing side of a battle.
OFP has a negative view on war, while BF has a "gung ho" kind of attitude.

Before a mission began, a journal entry written by the character was given, sometimes giving personal information that deepens character. BF2's story, if you can call it that, seems more like a C&C:Generals FPS.(Why is America fighting China?! IN THE MIDDLE EAST?!??)
So in conclusion:

BF:Arcadey POS
OFP:Realistic War Sim

I concur. However, I don't think OFP and BF are the best two games to compare. They both aim for very different things; OFP is meant to be a highly realistic soldier sim, while BF is meant to be a cross breed between arcade and realism and focuses on multiplayer over single player, while OFP takes a more balanced approach.

CommunistPenguin said:
The actual maps shown in the images don't look very well designed.

wtf, played Operation Flashpoint?... there not maps, there whole islands

can all the graphics whores just stop spamming about how this doesnt look as good as BF2, .. we get that already, everyones so clever figuring that out :rolleyes: . In terms of scale and realistic scenario's, this game will rule on that front.. you cant compare BF2 to this, BF2 your restricted to a small area compared to OF2, BF2 is also more of a fun for the kiddies kind of game.... OF2 is going to be epic, I can just feel it, bigger islands, bigger missions better AI , more team command options... it will be hudge.

edit:

Armed Assault, is a graphically improved remake of Operation Flashpoint.

this isnt OF2, :eek:,, okie.. well I cant wait till they show it off

Still, if you're aiming for a realistic game, the graphics should reflect this. I can't immerse myself in a soldier sim if my buddies all look like Woody from Toy Story.

KoreBolteR said:
brits dont look like that....

another stereotype at its worst..
Its a Napoleanic Mod....
Still, if you're aiming for a realistic game, the graphics should reflect this. I can't immerse myself in a soldier sim if my buddies all look like Woody from Toy Story.
Trust me, once you start getting chased by a Russian hind in a thick forest, you'll forget all about the graphics. :cheers:

the operation flashpoint series was the greatest gaming experience ive ever had.

since i like realistic war scenarios.

Looks like crap + to many old style/time war games.

You don't see the weapon model the player is holding in the second screenshot.

French Ninja said:
New stuff!
1st
2nd
3rd
Blows BF2 out of the water!
Wow, right there is why i still love Bohemia :)

(Useless Fact: I was one of the first people in the world to get the SDK for OPF from Bohemia themselves back in late 2001/early 2002, twat fun :) )

Why are they walking past a giant lump of cheese in the second picture?

Shens said:
You don't see the weapon model the player is holding in the second screenshot.

.... as a shadow on the big lump of cheese.

@French Ninja
imho this game doesn't blow BF2 out of the water. On the contrary rather.

new
Operation_Flashpoint_2_31.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not alone thinking that OFP is one of the greatest game. I've been waiting OFP2 a long time.

Anyone else loved the multiplayer aspect? I had my best gaming exprience playing OPF MP. It is one of the only FPS that really involve strategy and not brainless shoot-everything-that-moves action. I remember hiding in bushes with buddies near enemy base, looking at the enemies with binoculars and planning our move. It was intense and immersive. The menu interface was poor though and it was hard to get in a good game, I hope they will improve that.

I also liked how they handled the perspective. Where you are looking at and where you are pointing your weapon at are two seperate things (like it really should be) and your weapon model (and your whole body) was part of the actual world, not just a picture of a gun stuck on the screen that is set to wobble when you move like in every other FPS. It really added to the immersion, I hope they kept that in the sequel. I tought those features would be used in some subsequent games and would maybe end as a standard, but no.

Ahhh so its a remake of OFP.

I'm totally buying this without a doubt.

OFP + Better Everything = ****ing best idea ever

yeah ill get it coz the original ran like a c*** on my earlier comp, gotta see what all the fuss is about, tactical shooters i like, hidden and dangerous etc.

Go here - http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Scroll down for more.

Tonnes of screens of OFP2 (The one out next year).

I'm not too interested in Armed Assault, but I'll probably end up getting both AA and OFP2. Oh yeah, I wish people would stop comparing OFP to the Battlefield series, they're not the same at all. BF2 is going to be great, and I'm going to get both for different reasons. BF2 = Semi-Realistic Online game OFP2 = Absolutely massive military sim.

Humans in general just look weird. They look out of proportion. Hopefully they'll be sorted out but the Russians don't look too bad (although they still look plastic).

OFP26.jpg

All those who haven't played the game should just stop bashing it right now. The original had large flaws, bugs etc. that took a lot of patches to fix, and was generally very unpolished, but damn it piled on the gameplay. Scaling a huge mountainside with minimal ammo, a bullet in the arm and a few dozen Soviet troops on your heels is possibly one of the tense moments I've ever experienced in a game. I love OFP.

Cons Himself said:
only a nerd who had never played OFP would say something as noobish as that.

a nerd? we're all nerds, everyone here is a nerd

nerd:

a person who is extremely interested and knowledgeable about computers, electronics, technology, and gadgets

duh!! nerds!

Damn, even the moderators are defending it. :) one of the top 3 games ever in my books. The best thing was the absolute freedom because of the large scale maps and the dynamic time. man, that was shizzle. ;)

trust me. play it if u can 'cause youll be amazed.

moderators are humans like we are m8 . :)
well they can kick us, soory moderators are godz :E

CptStern said:
a nerd? we're all nerds, everyone here is a nerd

nerd:

a person who is extremely interested and knowledgeable about computers, electronics, technology, and gadgets

duh!! nerds!

i dont give a shit about electronics, i just play games.

Back