Votes: 13 14.1%

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 6 +

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

AntiAnto

Tank
Reaction score
Maybe it has been done before but here it is: how many language can you speak properly?

For me it's 3: French (the greatest), English and Spanish

BTW speaking Star Trek's language doesn't count

English, and French...I don't speak very good French, but the rest of that is made up for by knowing odd words from other languages :p

Oh, actually though. I do plan on learning more languages. Its not just "Oh, I'l do it tommorow" thing either. I've ordered all the stuff I need.

First, I will pick up on my French again, then Spannish. From there, I'm not sure...Its a toss up between Italian and German. After that, who knows :O

english and varying dialects of gibberish :D

ok i'll get me coat...

English, Mandarin, Shanghainese*, French (I shouldn't really count that because I suck and forgot 99.30713% of all the words and conjugation rules) and Japanese (I'm learning it right now, I really know Roomaji, but learning Kanji would be easy because it's basically from China).
*Shanghainese is really a dialect as opposed to being a language.

Holy crap... I was thinking about making this exact same thread in the shower the other night! So weird...

Ikerous said:
Holy crap... I was thinking about making this exact same thread in the shower the other night! So weird...

Marry me?

1 fluently; I speak english.
I went through 6 years of spanish in HS but still can't be bothered to recall anything I learned of that horrible language.

Japanese
English
Polish
Swedish

hype.db said:
I went through 6 years of spanish in HS but still can't be bothered to recall anything I learned of that horrible language.

Horrible language... I think that Spanish is one of the sweetest language in the world

AntiAnto said:
Horrible language... I think that Spanish is one of the sweetest language in the world
I don't :rolleyes:

<3
EDIT: It might be due to the HORRIBLE teacher I had.

I hated learning French. At all of the schools I've been to, the French teacher were the meanest. Conjugating verbs made me want to scream. It's le hard. I heard that Spanish is a lot easier and it rolls off the tongue.

Conjugating spanish is really easy
For pretty much all the tenses
Except for the past tense
Which isnt too bad
But there are a billion irregular verbs

hype.db said:

I think spanish is better than english.

It's weird. After learning French, I can understand most spoken Spanish. Same dialects I guess.

-Viper- said:
It's weird. After learning French, I can understand most spoken Spanish. Same dialects I guess.

True. Majority of words are the same in french and spanish. Grammatical rules are similar too

me speaks english

y tambien hablo español

I speak English
Ik spreek Nederlands / Dutch
Ich spreche Deutsch / German

I speak english(obvisously) and spanish.

I would want to learn more german (i know very little) or russian/estonian.

English, Japanese
I'm Filipino, but I can't speak Tagalog (main language of the Philippines), I can only understand it. :(

I picked 2 since you said properly.
if you take all of those I learned then its 4.

English, French, American, Spanish, Australian, and a little German. I'm also fluent in the language of lurve. :naughty:

:LOL:

Well I think i'm funny, screw you all.

Only English and Swedish fluent. Basic french and a tiny fraction german.

I understand dane and norwegian too, I just can't write or speak it :D

2 SPANISH AND ENGLISH BUT I am trying to learn italian.

English is my native language, and I took a semester of Spanish and can understand most basic written sentences. I can't understand it when it is spoken however, it goes by WAY too fast for me.

English, Spanish, and I'm learning Italian.

I'm from the US, so naturally I can only speak American. ;)

In all seriousness, English only. I took two years of French in HS, but I don't remember any of that. I plan on taking German in college, and I would be taking it now if my HS didn't phase it out before I got there.

I know English, French, Spanish, and Latin. I'd really like to learn German, along with Russian. French is my favorite language for its all around ease of use, and sound. Latin has the nicest ring to it in my opinion, but is also a bit overly complicated in some regards. Spanish I know only because I took it for 10 years. I don't like the language to be quite honest, and haven't kept up on it.

ummm does 1337 5p34k count? :D :D i pwn teh big 1 at teh 1337 sp43k n00bz!!111eleven

(joking btw)
(really...)

Like everybody here, I speak english.

Mais je parle mieux français.

Y tambien un poco de castellano.

I can only speak English. I am taking German in school but I suck at it.

Back