How old is too old?

Locust

Spy
Reaction score
At what age do you think a person should give up PC gaming or gaming in any other form? I would say the maximum age would be about 25. Any age beyond that is too old.

None. Average gamer age is already way beyond 25. The average woman who plays games is 40.

Who the heck cares how old a person is? If they enjoy gaming as a hobby then that's great.

By your rules I have to give up gaming in 3 years. I don't think so.

You cant give someone a age 2 quit gaming. If 25 was the age 2 stop them umm there really wouldnt be any games being created because most of the people creating games are gamers way past 25. There shouldnt be an age limit because well thats just silly. :D

I was in a over 25 BF vietnam clan ...the oldest member was 63

it's very narrow minded to say "you're too old to play" age is relative ...now a minimum age requirement ...that's a good idea

btw I've been playng games longer than some of you have been alive ...so call me experienced but dont call me old

Its an ignorant stereotype that games are for kids. Fortunately its one that is fading out of existence as we all get older.

I may get bored of gaming by the time I'm 25 (Probably not :D) but I don't think someone should quite because of their age...thats just a poor attitude really. Imagine when you are older being told by some kid you can't do something because you are too old. :|

abconners, any reasoning to your logic?

Darn it, i thought this was a mis-forumed posts about milfs......;)

Anyway

Although it seems odd to have an older person playing games, can't see any upper limit for them. Keep the brain stimulated and there's less chance of it going tits up it said on the Bupa advert....or words to that effect

People can be as old as they want to be to start playing games. My father is 40 something and still plays PC and console games on a regular basis, he sucks but he still plays :p. We both have broadband connections so I play with him online occasionally.

My mother is also close to 40 and she still plays a few older games, mostly Mario for old nintendo.

I don't care how old you are or how old i am. I'm still gonna rip out your lungs and use em as bagpipes. :)

as long as you can see the monitor and move a mouse. you can play video games............... :smoking:

your statement is stupid................... :monkee:

You're never too old to watch T.V.
You're definetly never too old to use the internet let along play games.

Never stop playing games, if my dad had stopped when he was 25 i wouldnt be talking to you guys today!

slicktick said:
Never stop playing games, if my dad had stopped when he was 25 i wouldnt be talking to you guys today!

ok I'll bite ...how did that work?

abconners said:
At what age do you think a person should give up PC gaming or gaming in any other form? I would say the maximum age would be about 25. Any age beyond that is too old.
Stupid question. You're never to old to play video/PC games. If you enjoy playing games, then play them.

abconners said:
I would say the maximum age would be about 25. Any age beyond that is too old.

F*ck that. How old is to old to watch TV or go to the movies?

Murray_H said:
Darn it, i thought this was a mis-forumed posts about milfs......;)

Anyway

Although it seems odd to have an older person playing games, can't see any upper limit for them. Keep the brain stimulated and there's less chance of it going tits up it said on the Bupa advert....or words to that effect

I believe they actually said, "Arse over tits"

CptStern said:
ok I'll bite ...how did that work?
When I was little, my dad played video games and was a computer geek and that led to me playing games and being a computer geek. This is especially true with my father playing Dark Castle and Marathon. Marathon especially got me into first person shooters, so basically my dad gaming after he was 25 got me into gaming.

slicktick said:
When I was little, my dad played video games and was a computer geek and that led to me playing games and being a computer geek. This is especially true with my father playing Dark Castle and Marathon. Marathon especially got me into first person shooters, so basically my dad gaming after he was 25 got me into gaming.

heheh rofl ...heheh ok I had visions of your dad doing the nasty with mom while playing CS :)

CptStern said:
heheh rofl ...heheh ok I had visions of your dad doing the nasty with mom while playing CS :)
I'll pretend like I never read that, and I think that I'll go puke now! Thanks man! :flame:

CptStern said:

Me too. Couldn't quite figure out how that was going to work. :LOL:

slicktick said:
I'll pretend like I never read that, and I think that I'll go puke now! Thanks man! :flame:

sorry man, I bet you'll have that image burned into your head for weeks to come ....sorry :)

btw parents do have sex ya know ...some while playing games :eek:

when I can no longer see nor hear. Then I shall be to old to game.

CptStern said:
sorry man, I bet you'll have that image burned into your head for weeks to come ....sorry :)

btw parents do have sex ya know ...some while playing games :eek:

"Games" being a relative term. :naughty:

Essentially, once a gamer, always a gamer. There are the elders in society who have hardly touched electronics, let alone a video game. Those people are beyond help. You do, however, get the people who were Pong and frogger addicts in their 30s, and still play today.

I remember seeing a study where the average age of all gamers was in mid to late twenties. So think of all the little kids and teens you know that play video games, then realize for every one of them there's someone in their 30s 40s and even 50s playing video games.

abconners said:

I'll be 25 in Feb. I guess I should uninstall HL2 and all my other games on my birthday then? I say 16 is too old to still watch tv, so everyone over 16, destroy your tv's!!!!

As long as you have fun, what does age matter? I'll be 37 in a couple months...and I love gaming and probably always will :)

You'll have to pry my mouse and keyboard from my arthritic hands if you want me to stop....and then, if you succeed, I'll beat you with my cane while simeltaneously throwing my viragra and false teeth at you! :p

Someone said:
As long as you have fun, what does age matter? I'll be 37 in a couple months...and I love gaming and probably always will :)

You'll have to pry my mouse and keyboard from my arthritic hands if you want me to stop....and then, if you succeed, I'll beat you with my cane while simeltaneously throwing my viragra and false teeth at you! :p

Let me know what nursing home you plan on living in. I'll join ya.

CptStern said:
heheheh ...stop, my eyebrows are starting to hurt :naughty:

You should have that looked at. I hear excessive eyebrow use can lead to permanent brain damage. In fact, I hear they found one guy's brain lying in the gutter after an extremely bad case of eyebrowism!

Neutrino said:
You should have that looked at. I hear excessive eyebrow use can lead to permanent brain damage. In fact, I hear they found one guy's brain lying in the gutter after an extremely bad case of eyebrowism!

ya I was thinking of shaving them off but then I thought ..what would my co-workers think?

"Dear god stay away from him, he's got a bad case of eyebrowism!"

btw can you get eyebrowism if you have a uni-brow? I always wanted to know that :)

oh and old people can have sense of humor too ...especially when we kick you young'uns arse in games

By the time a person is 25, they should have responsabilities beyond games and entertainment. they should be focusing on a life goal that will have more fulfillment than blasting some computer animated character. Reality should strike by the time a person is 25, thus causing that person to live a real life.

abconners said:
By the time a person is 25, they should have responsabilities beyond games and entertainment. they should be focusing on a life goal that will have more fulfillment than blasting some computer animated character. Reality should strike by the time a person is 25, thus causing that person to live a real life.

What the hell?

It's not like you can't live a life and then play games after all your work is done.

Hey, what about people who work in the game industry? ohh I bet your face just exploded.

abconners said:

ummm I'm way over 25, I'm married, own my home, and have a baby ...but I guess I should ditch all sort of entertainment and concentrate on my "responsibilities" :upstare:

Back