How old is too old?

CptStern said:
heheh, I also remember Swat, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Kojack, and Battlestar galatica tv series :farmer:

edit: farrow ya I cant watch those old movies now ...they're so painful

Ohh Kolchak: The night stalker...one of my all time favs. The two movies are awesome, the tv show was...well ...you could see the zipper on one too many of the monsters ;)

And..for the young people...The Night Stalker was actually a big inspiration on Chris Carter for the creation of the X-files :)

Someone said:
Ohh Kolchak: The night stalker...one of my all time favs. The two movies are awesome, the tv show was...well ...you could see the zipper on one too many of the monsters ;)

And..for the young people...The Night Stalker was actually a big inspiration on Chris Carter for the creation of the X-files :)

I dont distinctly remember the movie but I do the series ...darrin Mcgavin right? I loved the show and the cheesy sfx didnt bother me too much, cuz I was a kid at the time :)

CptStern said:
I dont distinctly remember the movie but I do the series ...darrin Mcgavin right? I loved the show and the cheesy sfx didnt bother me too much, cuz I was a kid at the time :)

Darrin Mcgavin, yep. He also had a few appearances on the x-files since Chris Carter was a such a fan (at least one appearance anyway).

The first movie is called "The Night Stalker" (about a vampire) while the second was called "THe Night Strangler" (about a guy who has to kill certain amount of people every 21 years to keep his fountain of youth formula working). They're on DVD...both on the same disk. A lot of fans pushing for the entire couple years of the show to be put on DVD also.

Yeah as an adult the sfx are really bad *but incredibly fun* and as a kid ya just don't notice things like that.

Also...side note. There has been the rumor for a while of a big budget movie based on Kolchak. Unless is has the cheese factor I 'm not sure I could watch it lol.

damn what's wrong with revisionist hollywood?, must they remake every classic tv show? They usually suck anyways

CptStern said:
damn what's wrong with revisionist hollywood?, must they remake every classic tv show? They usually suck anyways

But sometimes they rock, and that pays back for all the ones that sucked.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I may get bored of gaming by the time I'm 25 (Probably not :D) but I don't think someone should quite because of their age...thats just a poor attitude really. Imagine when you are older being told by some kid you can't do something because you are too old. :|

Yeah I agree to what you say. ;)

Age is not the main reason for quitting games. I'm 21 years old and if the thread starter stated that the average is 25 then I have 4 years left and that suks, cause There are many I mean 10th of Excellent games coming in the near future example UE3.0 or more advanced. I don't want to miss these games cause of my age. NO WAY that won't happen.

John carmack stated by 2011 games will be just like movie's graphics and I ll be close to 30; Do you want to miss playing games with movie's graphics? Basically NO.......... ;)

Back