How old is too old?

Murray_H said:
Darn it, i thought this was a mis-forumed posts about milfs......;)

Anyway

Although it seems odd to have an older person playing games, can't see any upper limit for them. Keep the brain stimulated and there's less chance of it going tits up it said on the Bupa advert....or words to that effect
Glad to see someone else thought this was about vintage bintage :)

CptStern said:
ummm I'm way over 25, I'm married, own my home, and have a baby ...but I guess I should ditch all sort of entertainment and concentrate on my "responsibilities" :upstare:
Thats right your to old to be here. You should be working or something not having fun.

Sarcasm incase you coudn't tell.

outpost233 said:
Thats right your to old to be here. You should be working or something not having fun.

Sarcasm incase you coudn't tell.

ya ...maybe I should just lie down and wait for death :)

nw909 said:
Hey, what about people who work in the game industry? ohh I bet your face just exploded.

Apparently the whole multi-million dollar gaming industry is run by people under the age of 25 I guess.

abconners, the sooner you realize that there are avid gamers that make more money and are more responsible than you'll ever be, the sooner you'll realize just how unjustified your opinion is here.

abconners said:
By the time a person is 25, they should have responsabilities beyond games and entertainment. they should be focusing on a life goal that will have more fulfillment than blasting some computer animated character. Reality should strike by the time a person is 25, thus causing that person to live a real life.

Wow. I can't feel my brain melting inside my skull from reading those words you typed.

abconners, you realize you just insulted a large number of people right? Including Valve, and just about any of your other favorite game designers?

Theres a large lan party thats run by people that used to live in my town. USED TO, there all around 25 years old. Now with out them would I be able to go to an awsome lan party and drink bawls and stuff? No I wouldn't be able to.

Letters said:
Maybe if you can't really see... ;)
Old people can play games too. I don't know how they can still play games if they can't see but they have magical powers.

I bet most CS players were really geriatrics.

This thread is kind of retarded since the average gamer is over 25 years old. If anything if you are under 25 years old you should not be playing video games :D. It is my sincere hope that the thread starter will now stop playing video games immediately since he is under 25, and also refrain from making any other silly posts until he does some research - kthxbye

abconners said:
By the time a person is 25, they should have responsabilities beyond games and entertainment. they should be focusing on a life goal that will have more fulfillment than blasting some computer animated character. Reality should strike by the time a person is 25, thus causing that person to live a real life.

Hmm, so by your logic anyone who is older than 25 and "has a life" shouldn't have any hobbies or use any form of entertainment. Makes perfect sense to me really. No one should play games, watch TV, play sports, go fishing or anything else that might be remotely non-productive. Oh and no football I guess too. Might as well cancel the superbowl.

So are you planning on doing this when you turn 25? Remember now, no fun is allowed. You must work 24/7 to keep up with your responsibilities of your mature life. :rolleyes:

Anyway, let's get back to the discussion about eyebrows. It was much more interesting.

Tredoslop said:
If you won 1,000,000,000,000. Screw responsibilities.
Money=Happiness.

Money != Happiness

Pr0n bought with money = Happiness!

wow..... abconners learn a lessona bout life YOU DONT HAVE TO CONFORM TO SOCIETY YOU FUKNUT! jeezuz christ hes stupid...
man i need to play some redneck rampage to vent my anger.. lol

PEACE

Mike

It can't be 19, because I'm 19. Hell, I don't see myself ever quitting gaming. That would be like not going to the movies anymore because your too old.

HI FIVES Mattigus! BOOYAH DUDE! lol awesome point lol...

PEACE

Mike

abconners, should i ban you on your 25th birthday? ;)

Seeing as Doom 3 is an 18 plus game, think how limited it would be if people stopped playing at the age of 25.

abconners said:

I've been playing computer games for a third of my life. :O I don't plan on stopping when I reach 25 in the next 4 years.

You do realize that people don't have to spend their entire time playing video games. And people don't have to spend all of their time working?

I even plan to play video games when I get married and have kids. Just because I have other/different obligations doesn't mean I can't play a video game.

I started playing computer games when I was 5 years old, I'm now 27 and plan playing games until I'm strapping myself into my own full body virtual reality sim in 50+ years time.

Computer games are my generations 'invention', you don't grow out of them.

A bit of a whiff of "logans run" in this thread.

"Im sorry citizen , your life clock shows youre too old to be permitted to run this entertainment software. Please report to ms euthanasia at once."

Although , there is a point in his replies so far.I have a thirtysomething friend with kids who spends a bit too much time "playing" SWG and not enough (imho) with the family.
One of the problems for the older generation is its only recently that the games weve always wanted to play have become readily available. For years we had to put up with crappy 8-bit graphics , always waiting for that elusive "next gen" of gaming tech , that was going to deliver what we had been hoping for, and now what? Its here now , but we should eff off cos were too old?

Look at it this way , its only what , 3-4 years ago that games started to look as good as the illustrations on the boxes. Well , personally , I want a piece of that and sod my age.
All we are missing now is software that has a storyline that cerebrally chalenges us that have passed puberty (something that doom3 failed terribly at).

SAJ said:
A bit of a whiff of "logans run" in this thread.

"Im sorry citizen , your life clock shows youre too old to be permitted to run this entertainment software. Please report to ms euthanasia at once."

Although , there is a point in his replies so far.I have a thirtysomething friend with kids who spends a bit too much time "playing" SWG and not enough (imho) with the family.
One of the problems for the older generation is its only recently that the games weve always wanted to play have become readily available. For years we had to put up with crappy 8-bit graphics , always waiting for that elusive "next gen" of gaming tech , that was going to deliver what we had been hoping for, and now what? Its here now , but we should eff off cos were too old?

Look at it this way , its only what , 3-4 years ago that games started to look as good as the illustrations on the boxes. Well , personally , I want a piece of that and sod my age.
All we are missing now is software that has a storyline that cerebrally chalenges us that have passed puberty (something that doom3 failed terribly at).

well said :)

hehe Logan's run, you must be in my age group if you remember that movie ...ahhh I had a crush on Farah fawcett because of that movie :naughty:

hehhe you're not that old, are ya? either that or you're a movie buff

CptStern said:
hehhe you're not that old, are ya? either that or you're a movie buff

Only 22. I guess you could say I'm a scifi movie buff. I'll watch anything once. And I like some of the older scifi flicks.

Well if you live a teenage life @ 25 just sitting at home playing games you should probably get a life. But if you have a family and a healthy social life i dont see any need for a age to quit...

Neutrino said:
Only 22. I guess you could say I'm a scifi movie buff. I'll watch anything once. And I like some of the older scifi flicks.

ya me too ...there was a logan's run tv series that lasted a season or two ...it wasnt half bad, might be hard to find on video

Im 18, and I know what Logan's run is. Its the one with that guy...uh...Clark Kent :|

Actually, I rather liked the film(and yes I do know what it really is), although watching now it makes me cringe :)

Then again, i tend not to forget things like this. Some say its geeky, but its not like I memorise it...I just don't forget.

well , logans run was on channel five on sunday, which is why it came to mind(but, yeah , I`m in your age group *sob*).
But if you remember logans run the tv series.....you really are showing your age stern *grin*.

heheh, I also remember Swat, Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Kojack, and Battlestar galatica tv series :farmer:

edit: farrow ya I cant watch those old movies now ...they're so painful

I wish they had finished Battlestar Galactica. They did that one set in the 80's and it just kind of faded away. Although that new one they did, didn't look to shabby.

I don't believe in a set age. if you get bored, thats one thing, but bending to some imaginary societal rule or beaten path just sucks. I'd rather do what I want when I want, if my hobby is games, then thats good. I don't feel like being another miserable number.

I'm of the opinion the older you get the more you should play!!

Young kids should be outside experiencing life and such, adults who've done it all already should be the ones relaxing on the computer for a game of ..whatever.

I'm going to start really gaming when i retire get into evercrack and some other realy addicting games then :)

CyberSh33p said:
I'd rather do what I want when I want, if my hobby is games, then thats good.

I know what you mean, but some people just don't get it.

I reckon abconnors has a split personality.

First look at what he/she posts in this thread.

Then:

abconnors said:
Half life 2 looks to be the most awsomemest game ever! I mean, nothing like this has been done before nor is it going to be done with any games in the near future. This game puts so much emphasis on realistic physics and enviromental interaction that no one will care about how "equal" the graphics look to doom III or Far Cry. No other game has been this interactive and that is where it will be revolutionary.

So you do like playing games, then, abconnors? Okay...

Then:

abconnors said:
Does half life 2 look all that good?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks cool and all, but how much better are the physics in real life? I mean it's like come on guys; how much better is it to kick a can or play about with a football than to dream about the artificial stuff in Half Life II? I know that I would much rather spend my time on real life and real physics than to fart around with something fake.

So... you, er, don't want to play Half Life 2? You'd much rather play outside?

abconnors said:
Um, it is just a game guys.

Okaaayyy...

abconnors said:
So...0 bugs yet!?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vALVE was supposed to have reached their cero bugs goal by now. Anyone know if they stuck to the deadline or are still fartin around?

I thought it wasn't that important to you? Isn't reality better? Why bother wondering how many bugs are left in it if games are silly?

Oh, look...he/she is even willing to devote a large amount of his/her important time to an online petition that VALVe couldn't care less about:

abconnors said:
Half life 2 demo petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/hl2pet/petition.html Maybe if we get enough signatures, Valve will heed our call

And what's this?

abconnors said:

So... are you excited about it, or not? And if reality is better than games, and you have so many responsibilities, then why are you here?

Gamer for life!

Actually, my friends dad (in his late 50's) usually joins us on my CS server. He kicks ass too (not as much as me mind you :D ).

So the statement is absolute mindblowingly stupid. Please don't come back for 12 years (wich should be round or about your 18'th birthday)

Thank you very much, that is all :cheese:

Think I'm going to play less and less until I barely play games at all.

if I stopped playing games at 25, that would prolly mean no Hlaf-Life 3. In other words, fux that :)

Back