I hate SOME people

Status
Not open for further replies.
poseyjmac said:
no we can't. her well-being is the most important factor. you apparently missed my post about the torture bit.
So if you are dead you are in a state of well being? In my eyes, life is the most important thing here.

-Frosty- said:
SWAT training is very different, though. They hone their reaction times, and practice making smart decisions despite their adrenaline. Going over a situation in your mind is very different, although if you think it helps, by all means, continue :)

it does help, if you don't think it does you're delusional.

-Frosty- said:
So if you are dead you are in a state of well being? In my eyes, life is the most important thing here.

right well thats a whole nother can of worms we wont go into. you think its ok to let people suffer horrible, but if you were faced with the decision to end their life by their request, you wouldn't do it. bah

-Frosty- said:
SWAT training is very different, though. They hone their reaction times, and practice making smart decisions despite their adrenaline. They stage hostage scenerios, and use milsim rounds, making it as realistic as possible. Going over a situation in your mind is very different, although if you think it helps, by all means, continue :)

so you don't believe in studying for tests either? because hey you can't retain any knowledge and recall it later right?

poseyjmac said:
right well thats a whole nother can of worms we wont go into. you think its ok to let people suffer horrible, but if you were faced with the decision to end their life by their request, you wouldn't do it. bah
What are you talking about? Have you read anything I've posted? It's horrible that she had to experience what she did, and I'm offended that you are making these assumptions about me. How can you even say that I think it's alright? That insults my integrity as a human being, and is extremely aggrivating. Are you telling me you would walk in and shoot a soldier to prevent him from having to go through torture, but live? I'm fed up with your arguement. Overall, it is baseless. What is your argument? All you have done is tell me and Pobz that we are pussies for wanting the girl to live I'm sorry if that is too complex. What Farrow did most likely stopped the rape, without putting her life in danger, and that's what is important.

poseyjmac said:
so you don't believe in studying for tests either? because hey you can't retain any knowledge and recall it later right?
Completely different subject. SWAT gets their adrenaline going and learns to overcome it. Sitting at a desk and fantacizing about "scenerios," in my opinion, doesn't do much good.

-Frosty- said:
What are you talking about? Have you read anything I've posted? It's horrible that she had to experience what she did, and I'm offended that you are making these assumptions about me. How can you even say that I think it's alright? That insults my integrity as a human being, and is extremely aggrivating. Are you telling me you would walk in and shoot a soldier to prevent him from having to go through torture? I'm fed up with your arguement. Overall, it is baseless. What is your argument? All you have done is tell me and Pobz that we are pussies for wanting the girl to live I'm sorry if that is too complex. What Farrow did most likely stopped the rape, without putting her life in danger, and that's what is important.

people are bound to be offended in this thread, its inevitable.

and this situation with the soldier getting tortured, it all depends on the situation, if you knew that there was no chance of escape and it would be long and torturous it would be better for that person to die.

if all you think ive done is call you guys pussies, then you haven't read any of my posts. countless posts ive repeated myself saying what things someone can do to handle these situations better. do you want me to quote them all and make them big text for you?

and dont make assumptions about how that situation turned out, none of us know, they could have kept going and finished the job most likely. knowing that it would take at least 15 minutes for an authority to be notified and come back there anyway.

-Frosty- said:
Completely different subject. SWAT gets their adrenaline going and learns to overcome it. Sitting at a desk and fantacizing about "scenerios," in my opinion, doesn't do much good.

i dont believe you heard what i said so ill repeat it for you

you aren't an idiot so dont act like one, knowledge is power havent you ever heard that before?

poseyjmac said:
people are bound to be offended in this thread, its inevitable.

and this situation with the soldier getting tortured, it all depends on the situation, if you knew that there was no chance of escape and it would be long and torturous it would be better for that person to die.

if all you think ive done is call you guys pussies, then you haven't read any of my posts. countless posts ive repeated myself saying what things someone can do to handle these situations better. do you want me to quote them all and make them big text for you?

and dont make assumptions about how that situation turned out, none of us know, they could have kept going and finished the job most likely. knowing that it would take at least 15 minutes for an authority to be notified and come back there anyway.
I apologize for generalizing your posts, but you are doing the same. You're correct, it does all depend on the situation, and in this situation, death wasn't inevitable. Therefore, preserving life is the main goal (SWAT motto, by the way.)

poseyjmac said:
you aren't an idiot so dont act like one, knowledge is power havent you ever heard that before?
I appreciate that you aren't calline me an idiot. But my point is, studying for a test is very different from SWAT training. I could fantacize all day about how I could run a mile, and how fast I could do it, and where I would pace myself, and where I would sprint, but the fact is, you have to actually run the track to even have a vague idea of what to do, when you will be exhausted, when something unexpected will happen, etc.

-Frosty- said:
I appreciate that you aren't calline me an idiot. But my point is, studying for a test is very different from SWAT training. I could fantacize all day about how I could run a mile, and how fast I could do it, and where I would pace myself, and where I would sprint, but the fact is, you have to actually run the track to even have a vague idea of what to do.

but this isn't a test of endurance or strength in situations like this. its a test of the mind. if you learn on this forum to say 'hey guys over here' if you encounter 2 men raping a woman, you will remember that and you can use that tactic. its as simple as that. but also a simple example

see what happened here is i shouldn't have used the term SWAT, because then you thought, swat = tactical training. but that wasn't the point the point is they go over situations.

poseyjmac said:
see what happened here is i shouldn't have used the term SWAT, because then you thought, swat = tactical training. but that wasn't the point the point is they go over situations.
Ah, I see. I misunderstood.

Anyway, I don't even see much of a disagreement between us anymore. Now we know more of our available responses in that situation, and what might work better. We are all entitled to our opinions, but we all have the intent to accomplish the same thing: The life, safety, and well being of the victim. And that is what's important.

yea true. well now you've gone and been all nice so i can't be worked up anymore!

these situations get me worked up and prone to insult. sorry

poseyjmac said:
yea true. well now you've gone and been all nice so i can't be worked up anymore!

these situations get me worked up and prone to insult. sorry
Hehe, same thing happens to me, and I apologize :)

We both started arguing pretty feverishly for a while there, and said some stupid things. At least we agree on what's important, and have stopped the flame war :thumbs: I'm glad that we can continue to be friendly on the forums, instead of holding a grudge :D

Keep us updated Farrow.

Good night everybody :cheers:

yeah, and farrow don't take anything i said personally. like i said i got worked up about the topic, was a little harsh and prideful. for all i know if i was in that situation i could have tried to do something and slip on the grass and impale myself on a stick ehe . i can't really know. i think we are all angered by the situation and just talking about it can help in possible future situations hopefully

-Frosty- said:
Err, gh0st, not to disagree with you, but I thought Five-seveN's were illegal for civilians here in the states? It's not the weapon itself that's the problem, it's the armor penetrating round it fires (same as the P90, 5.7x28mm.) FN's page can be found here. It's a very nice weapon, but I just don't understand how you came into possession of one :thumbs:

it certainly is a nice weapon. its available (though not common) for around 800-900 to 1200 dollars retail. the civilian versions use 10 round magazines, as opposed to police/militarys 20. and you most certainly are allowed to use 5.7x28mm rounds, though they are very expensive. if youd like to purchase one, head to http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_fiveseven.html.

its good for killing criminals and leaving the people behind him unhurt.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I can still feel myself shaking with anger. I was just out in the park taking pictures for someone, and as I was moving deeper into it, I hear a faint noise. I thought it was a vird at first, but as I got more andmore into the darker part of the park I realised it was a young woman screaming and then what sounded like a guy being kicked or something. I tried to find them, I just heard her shouting for help and I couldn't get to her, I just dropped my bike and ran into the trees and bushes, but I couldnt find them. Eventually it stopped, and it sounded like a guy said "someones there" I still didn't know where they were, and I realised there were two guys. I tried to see if I could find them, but then I saw two big shadows coming out of a bush. At that point I ran...I feel so bad for doing that, but I know I couldn't beat them up because they were both bigger than me and obviously there was two of them one of me. I just rode out of the park and went to the police station, which is closed. YOU DON'T CLOSE POLICE STATIONS! I think the guys were heading out of the park though, so those people could still be there. I don't know...Why do men do this sort of thing, it makes me sick thinking I'm the same sex as a man who would dare do that to a woman.
I mean...I don't know what else I can do now.

It happened about 30 minutes ago now...

I've decided that if I were to encounter such a situation, I would rather die than run away. I couldn't live with the knowledge of not helping someone being raped.

Cybernoid said:
I've decided that if I were to encounter such a situation, I would rather die than run away. I couldn't live with the knowledge of not helping someone being raped.

So are u commenting on his actions with this statement?

No one really knows ehat they are capable of until faced with the situation in real life. And there are Many many factors to consider.

The_Nexus said:
So are u commenting on his actions with this statement?

Not really.

No one really knows ehat they are capable of until faced with the situation in real life. And there are Many many factors to consider.

Blah blah blah ad infinitum. I've heard that bullshit so many times. Look, if you keep thinking that you will fail in the real situation or you won't know what to do, then you *will* fail or become clueless.

Cybernoid said:
Not really.

just checking

Blah blah blah ad infinitum. I've heard that bullshit so many times. Look, if you keep thinking that you will fail in the real situation or you won't know what to do, then you *will* fail or become clueless.

I'm thinking????> re read that post again man,,,I said no-one knows what theyare CAPABLE of...not UNCAPABLE of. The character of a man is revealed by his action under extreme duress ...you can postulate all u wnat about wha u will do...but unless u face it yer blabbering out the side of your mouth.

I have...so i can say no one knows what they are Capable of until the situation arises.

CHill out man

The_Nexus said:
I said no-one knows what theyare CAPABLE of...not UNCAPABLE of. The character of a man is revealed by his action under extreme duress ...you can postulate all u wnat about wha u will do...but unless u face it yer blabbering out the side of your mouth.

Sigh.

It's becoming very obvious that in this day and age, courage is looked down upon as something silly and outdated. If someone says that he will attack a rapist no matter what, some nerd will show up and tell him that he can't do that because (insert reason of the week). Instead of thinking "I can" people are expected to think "shit, I'll never be able to do anything."

Originally Posted by Farrowlesparrow
I can still feel myself shaking with anger. I was just out in the park taking pictures for someone, and as I was moving deeper into it, I hear a faint noise. I thought it was a vird at first, but as I got more andmore into the darker part of the park I realised it was a young woman screaming and then what sounded like a guy being kicked or something. I tried to find them, I just heard her shouting for help and I couldn't get to her, I just dropped my bike and ran into the trees and bushes, but I couldnt find them. Eventually it stopped, and it sounded like a guy said "someones there" I still didn't know where they were, and I realised there were two guys. I tried to see if I could find them, but then I saw two big shadows coming out of a bush. At that point I ran...I feel so bad for doing that, but I know I couldn't beat them up because they were both bigger than me and obviously there was two of them one of me. I just rode out of the park and went to the police station, which is closed. YOU DON'T CLOSE POLICE STATIONS! I think the guys were heading out of the park though, so those people could still be there. I don't know...Why do men do this sort of thing, it makes me sick thinking I'm the same sex as a man who would dare do that to a woman.
I mean...I don't know what else I can do now.

It happened about 30 minutes ago now...

Factors to consider

q1...is the poster a kid? 15-13-`7-18-20?
q2. How Big/ old/ cpapable were these guys?
3 Did they have weapons?.
4. were sis this happen?..i know ata aprk..but thats not all that much info here.
5...the police staion sounded like it was close.....maybe the guy thought her woul ddo more good getting the police first...rather than having himself possible killed or beat to freaking pulp.....then the rapists could continue thir "fun"

Myabe he did the Right, most logical thing in that situation....

But wer u in his situation? No...so there are many factors to consider...anmd can only be considered whil in the sutuation itself..

But good for u..u would rather die..than run away.thtas a standup thing to sya..i hope it holds true but consider this..maybe he didn't run away....maybe he went to the cops...they were closed????where the F%^& is this?

That was my point

Cybernoid said:
Sigh.

It's becoming very obvious that in this day and age, courage is looked down upon as something silly and outdated. If someone says that he will attack a rapist no matter what, some nerd will show up and tell him that he can't do that because (insert reason of the week). Instead of thinking "I can" people are expected to think "shit, I'll never be able to do anything."

Thats a valid point...good for u..

I welcome courage...and yer right...it seems almost frowned apon...if thats how u truly think and feel u would act in such a situation..the yer welcome at my BBQ anyday.

But..maybe i came off wrong...please accpet my apology

p.s u'd be surpsirsed what a percieved nerd can look like :) and personal attacks dimish your statements--its called the high road

Maybe consider this: I've heard such things before dias like that..i will do this and do that or act this acnd act then... the chips come down...they and turn into little gutless girly men.before my very eyes

Look, I didn't want this to turn into an aargument but it did which is very dissapointing. You've turned this into another crappy debate, where you take pot shots at each other rather than thiking about things like this can be avoided in the future.

The park I'm talking about is, big and its ina hilly area. Its very dark and as I said before there are a lot of places to hide in there. I know what big is ok, and these people were big. I don't just mean big as in size either, I mean they looked like the kind of guys nobody messes with. I could know every martial art in the book but these guys would probably just ask me to chop the brick in half before they smashed my brains out with it.

Right and maybe I should have stayed to fight, but you guys weren't there ok. You don't know what its like, the point I was in nobody would have heard me if I was beat up or even killed. So that would have meant all three of us were stuck there. I wish I had done more, of course I do, but going to the police is the only I could do (like I said I flagged down a police car).

Call me a coward, I don't care, I've been saying that to myself all night. All i've heard is that woman screaming for my help and me not being able to get to them. I couldn't find her anywhere ok I tried looking everywhere so stop talking about something you have no idea about. You were not there. You think I enjoyed leaving that park when I did, knowing those people were still in there. I said I thought the men were leaving out of another way but I don't know...

Yeah, the nexus the poilce station is close, and its a hill down almsot allt he way from where I was. Being on a bike, it was practically the easiest palce to go after my own house.

Are some of you really saying you would have given up everything you have now? Something really doesn't sit right there, knowing the attitudes some of you have...I would glady have given up my life if I felt it would have saved those people, but nobody else knew we were there. I only heard because I was deep in the park...

By the way, I could even show you pictures of the town at that time of night. Nobobdy is out on a wednesday then. Only police cars drive though every so often.

Look every 1 is different and every 1 handles situations differently, And unless you where in this situation you cant say shit about it.
And another thing he didnt even see a woman getting raped so why go put your life in danger for something that your not sure of.

At least he tryed 2 do something about it, Alot more than some people will do over in this crap country.

That's what I was trying to say all along, but i've been branded an argumentative coward. Oh well, that's forums for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back