i talked to a ati rep at game stars live,and got a good date on hl2.

uziholda

Spy
Reaction score
no they did not have half life 2 there,but i`ll let you all in on a little secret,i was not gonna say this,but i talked to a ati rep,and he told me,that hl2 will definatley make sept 30th,he also told me,as soon as cs source beta finishes,they will be sending the rc to vinvendi for final bug checking,and if all goes well it will be gold.

now i was skeptical,because i thought he was just taking guesses,but then later on that day,i asked another ati rep,and he also said,valve are aiming for a definate end of spet release,i said is there any chance it will be out earlier,he said that depending on the bugs situation,and if they approve it first time,we could have it even sooner,i can feel half life 2 its so close.

and this is not bs,i swear down on everything i know,these ati reps knew a lot about the realease,but they also said,ANYTHING could happen between now and then,they said lets just hope it all goes smooth because they are also awaiting it to come out so they can promote the x800 xt harder than before.

i also got a firegl neck band,its there new card coming out,sounds sweet to be honest.

Yar my freind asked the same thing.

firegl is ATI's workstation cards.

thanks for that dude :), I never believed november was a realisitc estimate anyway whatever happens.

yeah,it looks sweet,but these ati reps were not just prs,some of the catalyst team were there also,and some big people during the week,because of the trade show next door

i want to beleive... i really do.... but...yeah too much letdown :(

I wouldn't take anything too seriously from a rep, they arn't in any position to relay accurate information.

i doubt it will slip to november,i asked if it could slip to xmas and ati said,there is not way that will happen,simply for the fact that the game is done,and what would be the motive of valve or vinvendi holding onto it for that long? it would just enrage ati and fans of hl2,and i know valve are bad with dates,but anything beyond september i cant imagine happening,it will be out by the end of this month,guarenteed

uziholda said:
i doubt it will slip to november,i asked if it could slip to xmas and ati said,there is not way that will happen,simply for the fact that the game is done,and what would be the motive of valve or vinvendi holding onto it for that long? it would just enrage ati and fans of hl2,and i know valve are bad with dates,but anything beyond september i cant imagine happening,it will be out by the end of this month,guarenteed

even if it doesnt , youve cheered me up :)

burnzie said:
My mum said it was comming out today :D

I was talking to myself earlier and I told me it would be coming out next week.

clarky003 said:
even if it doesnt , youve cheered me up :)

i just emailed gabe to see if he can confirm this info i recieved,so lets wait and see what he says,but i think in all honesty it was very accurate,i can normally tell when its "pr talk" and they are just guessing,these people seemed very confidant,and like they had a LOT of knowledge

Do you really belive Gabe's gonna "spill the beans" just for you...

i'm thinking hl2 will ship early-mid october. Sept 30th is possible though if the game goes gold within the next several days. Vivendi will need time to make copies, etc, especially for a game thats destined to sell like hell. :thumbs:

but still, this doesnt mean a guaranteed sept. 30th release. We can only hope.

I'm betting we'll be thinking about our upcoming halloween costumes when we get HL2. Then after we get HL2, we'll change our mind for halloween and dress as a combine or something.

OMGZ gabe i think the arrangement of clouds in the sky spelled out sep 30th for release date for hl2! can you confirm this!

Well, we knew that they were going to send a RC Canditate to Vivendi at the end of the CS:S beta test. But when is that going to be? If the RC is sent off on the 18th of September, it would have to be approved straight away.

We'll see.

If the RC is really being send to Vivendi op 18th September, then a 30 September release date is highly unlikely...

games need usually 3-5 weeks to go gold, & go through the production process

ATI is not Valve. Therefore they probably don't know much more than we do. The date that they told you is probably as reliable as picking a random date between today and December 1st.

|LGW|Mith said:

yes but this does not mean,it will be out after sept 30th,you never know,the full download might be preloaded before 30th of sept on steam,then once cds are ready for sales,it will be unlocked on steam followed by a next day release in stores.

what im trying to say is sept 30th is VERY possible

uziholda said:
yes but this does not mean,it will be out after sept 30th,you never know,the full download might be preloaded before 30th of sept on steam,then once cds are ready for sales,it will be unlocked on steam followed by a next day release in stores.

what im trying to say is sept 30th is VERY possible

Don't get your hopes up anyways, you will most likely end up being dissapointed.

Cause Vivendi is usually slow on producing the cd's.

uziholda said:

it is possible

valve did say originally that the game would only be available on steam when it is available in stores, however they said this back when Sierra was still managing the show. And the plan was for many different versions of HL2. Since then Vivendi came into play and there is only the standard & collectors edition. It is possible there will be a steam release much sooner, however unlikely.

|LGW|Mith said:

Since when? Most of the games I know take 2 weeks from gold announce to come out. Doom 3 was 3 cds and it took about that look. Hl2 should be about 3-4 cds and I would think it would take about 2 weeks as well. 5 weeks for manufacturing and shipping is laughable. If any publisher takes that long, find a new one. :)

Evil Genius, another Vivendi published game, went gold August 18th and will be released September 28th.

Gold to actual release is not an exact science. Don't try and pinpoint exact timeframes as it's different for many games.

That's a good point, though I thought that gold stamping took a bit longer than that. I'm probably wrong.

Maybe Valve is playing it smart and learning from past mistakes with dates and overestimating the release time. To say you won't release until november and then release in Sept or October sure would please lots of fans who may have found themselves somewhat disenchanted.

I dunno, isn't RC being sent Sept 15? The only way HL2 is gonna come out on the 30th is if the RC is approved the next day.

Mr-Fusion said:
Evil Genius, another Vivendi published game, went gold August 18th and will be released September 28th.

Gold to actual release is not an exact science. Don't try and pinpoint exact timeframes as it's different for many games.

He hit it right on the head..... Different games take different timeframes from gold > retail..... For HL2 they will probably focus most of their copiers for HL2.... They won't focus a lot on Barbie 2005, although supposed to have teh 1337est graphics this side of california...

I hope it gets released in Sept, not holding my breath.

GuNzABlaZiN said:
I dunno, isn't RC being sent Sept 15? The only way HL2 is gonna come out on the 30th is if the RC is approved the next day.
I believe the original Half-Life was approved 2 days after it was received for testing :thumbs:

It's not even real anymore. What proof do we have there is even a game?

Seeing is believing. Or is Touching? Who knows.

Jesus appeared to me today and told me HL2 will be out a week Tuesday...

The game will be out when it's ready, and we should all pass the time expieriencing real life, or if that doesn't appeal to you, there are many good games to pass the time, both soon to be released and already released.

Jadewolf5675 said:
My asshole told me it would be out by November
LoL

Not trying to be negative guys but this seems like wishful thinking, tho I would luv it to come true... i guess I just cant see myself with the game in my hand by the end of this month.

Sushi said:
The game will be out when it's ready, and we should all pass the time expieriencing real life, or if that doesn't appeal to you, there are many good games to pass the time, both soon to be released and already released.
Stop giving people advice, seriously. It has absolutely nothing to do with us being in this forum to talk about Half-Life 2.

Can't we just talk about the game without you kind of people telling us to go do something else? Please go the **** away.
:sleep:

GuNzABlaZiN said:
Approving the RC will most likely go very quickly. Vivendi won't want to sit on this one any longer than they have to. I anticipate that the time between gold and release will be short.

Umm... to people who say 15th is the date of the RC. Doug's quote is "We're currently planning to send release candidates to Vivendi by September 15th". Doesn't the "By" mean anywhere before, and up to the 15th? So maybe it's earlier, but the 15th is the latest it will be sent.

hiln said:
Umm... to people who say 15th is the date of the RC. Doug's quote is "We're currently planning to send release candidates to Vivendi by September 15th". Doesn't the "By" mean anywhere before, and up to the 15th? So maybe it's earlier, but the 15th is the latest it will be sent.

Yes but that can also mean that they wont make it by the 15th....notice he doesnt say "we will", he says "Were currently planning by the 15th!!"

Hmmm...

Yeah 30th its a pretty good date for now. And i think its possible, i heard the CS:S beta is ending soon good news!!!

Hmm.. Certainly possible.
But I would imagine word would spread a lot faster than this if all ATI reps had this information.

crownest said:
Hmmm...

Yeah 30th its a pretty good date for now. And i think its possible, i heard the CS:S beta is ending soon good news!!!

source: beta ending? please dont like that dumb crap game keep going

Back