If any of the main characters were to die who would you choose?

Skaadi

Tank
Reaction score
I haven't finished Half-Life 2 yet, I'm up to the level Follow Freeman. Mainly trying to make sure that good old Barney doesn't die so that I can get through it quicker. Personally I wouldn't mind it if Adrian dies, he annoys me to no end. I just found out that Barney might already be dead, that pisses me off. If he is dead it's the G-man's fault, I mean, if he bothered to save Gordon and Alyx then why not Barney? The game wouldn't be the same without him wisecracking, and he owes Gordon a beer. I really have to get the game finished, a big block for me is that my brother doesn't wan't his little sister anywhere near his precious game. I'll have to wait until he's out.....

Well, I read that there was a giant explosion and Barney may have been killed. I don't know though, I haven't finished the game.

Oh now that's not very nice, heh......... Just wanted to know who people want to die.....

Of course not!!! Wishing death on anyone is disgusting!! I only posted this because on other threads that weren't really on this subject people were saying they wish some of the people in the game would be killed off, I only wanted peoples opinions. Geez, what's your problem? I never said people dying is nice.

Probably so, they always seem to kill off people like Eli, It is a shame though, I liked Eli..

I'm guessing Eli too. It would certianly make some great character involvment with Alex and all. If not Eli, possibly D.O.G. will break down. Although I bet he will be fixed cos he is teh cool.

Eli will trip down the stairs with his metal leg...and die from too much ragdolling... ;)

well, if u don't want us spoiling it for u, hurry up and finish the game :p
then afterwards u can speculate on whos gonna die in Aftermath or whatever.
personally i think none of the major characters will die at the beginning of Aftermath.
as it progresses, who knows...one thing is for sure tho, Valve is good at story telling so whatever happens will be interesting.

Gordon will die.

Seriously though, if I had to bet on one particular character dying, it would be Barney or Kleiner in a really ridiculously heroic way.

Kleiner said:
At last...I can...make something of my...miserable life. Gordon...save...yourself! My time as a scientist is...over...hggghh blaaaaaaagh!

Sulkdodds said:
Gordon will die.

Seriously though, if I had to bet on one particular character dying, it would be Barney or Kleiner in a really ridiculously heroic way.

yeah...
probably trying to save Gordon...i mean..it couldn't get bigger and more heroic than that right? :)

I'll get to it in due time:) :p . Doesn't matter that I haven't finished the game, I've got the gist of what happens in the end and that leaves room for speculation....:p

Skaadi said:
I'll get to it in due time:) :p . Doesn't matter that I haven't finished the game, I've got the gist of what happens in the end and that leaves room for speculation....:p

i do feel bad for u tho :(
siblings who don't share stuff suck ass :p
now granted, i'd like my own computer which only i'd touch but u know what?
i share this one.

anyway happy single player playing! ;)

Barney said:
Guess...I'll never..get to...buy you that beer...huh, Gordon? (dies)

Or maybe Breen will survive and turn out to be Gordon's father.

Like we've never heard that joke before...

Oh, come on! How could they have Barney dying? He's the best character! Although I can definately see Kleiner dying. I wonder what his last words would be?

Indeed it looks like you share my pain. It does suck, I'm so sick of him...

Heh:LOL: That definately sounds like him. Makes you question his upbringing.Was he always so weird?

It has already been confirmed that Barney, Alyx and Kliener will be in HL3. Twas in an old Valve interview. If you search through the archives of hl2.net I'm sure you will find it

Oh, it's this message board that makes me realise how little I know about Half-Life. I wonder if Barney will ever buy Gordon that beer. A ten year promise...

Skaadi said:
Oh, it's this message board that makes me realise how little I know about Half-Life. I wonder if Barney will ever buy Gordon that beer. A ten year promise...

at the end of the HL series...if there is one ;)

I hope there will never be an end to half-life. I hope to someday be an old woman of 75 who dies of a heart attack while playing the Barney orientated 167th instalment of Half-Life. Either that or I'll step out in front of a Guinness truck.....:) :dozey: :)

Mossman will die, probably, because Laidlaw wants to spite me.

-Angry Lawyer

Oh, once again a demonstration of how little I know. I should stop complaining about that and do something about it, but not right now, it's 3:30am. So tired.....

Skaadi said:
Oh, once again a demonstration of how little I know. I should stop complaining about that and do something about it, but not right now, it's 3:30am. So tired.....

hehe :)
thats okay.
ur at a pretty good place and theres no problems with u asking anything about the HL series.. someone will gladly help ;)

That's good to know. I've been to some message boards with some incredibly nasty people..I've never wanted a beer worse in my life, or Guinness, whichever....

I think Kliener or Eli should die..
My head hurts to much to think.

Hmmm, I know how you feel. Have you just got a headache or are you like me, living in Australia and are up at 4:00am when you should be sleeping?

Mossman will die, probably, because Laidlaw wants to spite me.

He really doesn't like you, does he? :p

Although thinking about it, if she does die, it'll probably be quite heroically as well.

A headcrab should die? Oh, we've got plenty of that going on.

Sulkdodds said:
He really doesn't like you, does he? :p

Although thinking about it, if she does die, it'll probably be quite heroically as well.

He's actually out to get me. Seriously. He'll probably make her die in a really jammy way, and have the G-Man appear to say "Pah, n00b, shez ded! And teh Combinez weren't originally on Xen, but due to popular theorization and generic whining from other players, we're going to write that the Xenians actually are the Combine but in funny suits! So STFU LAWYERZ!"

Damnit.

-Angry Lawyer

Oh, god I can't even see well enough to read what that says. I really must go to bed now, I'd better hurry, my father will probably come in and discover that I've been on the internet for nearly 8 hours. At least I didn't break my record of 9 hours and 50 minutes. I can't wait to see what you all wrote while I'm gone. This message board is addictive. I'll see you all in about 13 hours. Untill then....

Back