Image Dump VIII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh I google "Spider Army" and find this.

2n24emu.jpg

jg78uh.jpg

Everything can have a reference to Futurama. EVERYTHING.

Please no more spider posting outside of NTSW tags or something.

I dont see how you guys are freaked out by pictures of spiders. It's one thing for one to be in front of you, because it could harm you, but it's not. It's an image. :|

spideronyourarm.png

I dont see how you guys are freaked out by pictures of spiders. It's one thing for one to be in front of you, because it could harm you, but it's not. It's an image. :|

spideronyourarm.png

That's how phobias work. It's cuh-raisy.

That's kind of the point of the image, Dog. It's making fun of them.

Hipster cat must be new... or my meme game isn't on point.

@ace, no, that's a "hippie" ... a hipster is someone who goes out into their urban or suburban environment in shabby clothing that is through great efforts attempting to make them look like they don't care what they're wearing, whereas they actually spent all afternoon making the decision. They go out to be seen and want to stand out from a crowd and take greatest pleasure from mentioning an artist or musician that you haven't heard of. They smoke cigarettes that normal people don't want to smoke or smell; they drink the worst beers to make people turn their heads; and they get their hair cut in ways that only an asylum inmate would willingly cut for them. They are the scum of your average social scene and should be ignored at all costs. On the Internet, they are the replacement for the "emo kid" as far as easy targets to make fun of.

tumblr_kxhige66mG1qzmowao1_500.jpg

the-first-album-was-better.jpg

@ace, no, that's a "hippie" ... a hipster is someone who goes out into their urban or suburban environment in shabby clothing that is through great efforts attempting to make them look like they don't care what they're wearing, whereas they actually spent all afternoon making the decision. They go out to be seen and want to stand out from a crowd and take greatest pleasure from mentioning an artist or musician that you haven't heard of. They smoke cigarettes that normal people don't want to smoke or smell; they drink the worst beers to make people turn their heads; and they get their hair cut in ways that only an asylum inmate would willingly cut for them.

So.. people from the 60s. I think it was the beat movement? Cause I know 70s was full on hippie smoke weed erry day, 80s was hairbands, and 90s was grunge.

Either way hipsters these days are giant posers and are usually from rich families.

So.. people from the 60s. I think it was the beat movement? Cause I know 70s was full on hippie smoke weed erry day, 80s was hairbands, and 90s was grunge.

Either way hipsters these days are giant posers and are usually from rich families.
Eh, I'd say hippies were more into misinterpreting Eastern philosophy, shagging, consuming large amounts of drugs, and listening to music that was actually pretty damn good.

Now it's all haut couture consumerism and college drop outs who want to make a living making indie webcomics.

American culture is fantastic.

In the 60s it was the anti-establishment movement because of oppressive conservatives, an unpopular war, and a a ridiculous number of people coming of age post baby-boom and wanting to break free of the modest lifestyles they were raised in from the 50s. Most of the "hippies" were just young people trying to rebel... didn't even understand what they were going for but did everything they could to go for it.

The 70s floated through with a sort of a fizzle. Vietnam was over, no draft, things were more free flowing. The non-serious hippies grew up some and gave up their lifestyle. The new generation of young people didn't live in the oppression of the 50s so their rebellion was just to have fun in a moderate way, with disco and clubs (this is where they took off). This went on until the late 70s-early 80s when the moderate disco world hit a huge backlash and the conservatism of the 80s hit the youth of the 70s.

The 80s generation's rebellion was excess in clothing and style. Bouncy poppy music replaced disco and the youth followed. Conservative lifestyles were reborn in the coming-to-middle-age baby boomers. Many had turned in to Yuppies (former hippies) who seemed the opposite of their former selves. This decade ended with the advent of hip hop and a new addition to the culture of the US.

The 90s saw the growth of hip hop and new cultures in the US. A great amalgamation of pop culture made a lot of weird stuff.

This decade gave way to hipsters who rebelled against pop culture by creating their own pretentious pop culture of expensive homeliness.

There ya go... America.

I'm probably damning myself here, but my phobia of spiders is so great that I cannot even look at pictures of spiders, because I'm afraid they're going to leap out of the monitor at me. My only hope when a spider picture is posted on a board is to quickly scroll down, if not past the spider then at least to where the borders of the browser cover enough of the spider so that it's "trapped" in the monitor.

Like if I scroll past most of its legs, or its cephalothorax, then it is trapped and cannot leap out at me.

I know it's retarded, but I can't help it. Little fuckers go right past my logic center and wreak shit on my amygdala. They terrify me on every level possible.

Goddamn 80s poser hipsters, wearing your Hot Topic Voltron shirts "ironically."

Everyone knows the 70's were the best decade anyways, 80's sucked.

Everyone knows the next ten years are going to be ****ing shit.

You'll all see why. D:

I think the 80's looked very cool whit all the movies and tv series it have

also since my country is backward is almost anything I was technically raised in the 80's by things like thundercats and never ending stories

!985 biznitches and no, the 80's weren't cool. :p

Ah, but the 80s are cool in hindsight, if you wern't there (I'm from '88 so I remember about as much of the 1980s as I do about the 1830s).

This is especially true if you grew up watching films from the 1980s (as I did) - you were young, everything was amazing and the world was filled with Stallone, Arnie, epic guitar solos and F-14s.

the 80's weren't cool.
You disgusting traitor. Such heretical blasphemy I would expect from anyone born after the Great Eighties, but you, turning upon your own, it sickens me. But then I look at your avatar, with its sideswept bangs just short of emo length, and those black frame glasses, and I realize: YOU ARE A HIPSTER. Only a hipster from the 80s would spit such vile words upon the greatest era.

TAKE NOTE, BLASPHEMERS, HATERS, THE TOO-YOUNG AND THE TOO-OLD: THE EIGHTIES WAS THE GREATEST GENERATION.

1989 here (the end of 89 to be specific). You might aswell say i'm just an 80's poser.

I popped my collar for a second... to see what it feels like. I then returned it back to normal BUT IT DOESN'T ****ING FEEL RIGHT ANYMORE. I CAN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE IN THIS SHIRT NOW. My neck is all agitated and shit. I should have never upturned the collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back