Image Dump VIII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Cobra conspiracy all right.

iqvfgp.jpg

Yeah, it looks like a Shelby Cobra to me too. Must be a car club convention.

Some times car enthusiasts, especially for a single particular model of old car that they fixed up, like to assemble and drive them in a big column around downtown. I can't tell what model it is but it looks like that would be the purpose.

It's a Cobra conspiracy all right.

lol... you hotlinked. Definitely a cobra conspiracy though... says Viperidae!

Yeah, it looks like a Shelby Cobra to me too. Must be a car club convention.

Probably, yeah.

Some times car enthusiasts, especially for a single particular model of old car that they fixed up, like to assemble and drive them in a big column around downtown. I can't tell what model it is but it looks like that would be the purpose.

What are the ****ing chances of me finding something like that while trying to figure out a path to where I need to go? lol

I used to read those damn books all the time back in elementary school. Sweetness.

hubble-20-anniversary-100423-02.jpg

This turbulent cosmic pinnacle lies within a tempestuous stellar nursery called the Carina Nebula, some 7500 light-years away in the southern constellation of Carina. Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 observed the pillar on 1-2 February 2010. Full Story. Credit: NASA/ESA/M. Livio & Hubble 20th Anniversary Team (STScI)

looks like photoshop but it probably isn't

That's because it is. Images come back in black and white, then they color it where each color represents a different element.

fengha papit...lol ROFL!! hehe

that girl is hideous!! HIDEOUS!! You can guarantee she will not lead a normal life.

That's because it is. Images come back in black and white, then they color it where each color represents a different element.

I thought the different wavelengths were assigned colours? Or is that just radio astronomy?

Apparently the camera has an IR reciever, so it could be an IR image

EDIT: Happy Bearthday, Hubble Space Telescope

Fua3f.jpg

Nightmares:

1GLuN.gif

Actually, first pic should cause nightmares as well...

QhGkT.jpg

Lol Yeah. Isn't that the Chinese symbol for.. uh.. forgot the interpretation, but it's a Buddhist symbol of some kind.
It's the Hindu swastika (which may have been carried over to Buddhism). It is a sign of peace and good fortune.

Hitler was inspired to use the swastika as the Nazi symbol, and copied it wrong. Thanks to him, generations of Hindus have had to explain, "No, I'm not a Nazi sympathizer, it's a religious symbol of peace..."

It's the Hindu swastika (which may have been carried over to Buddhism). It is a sign of peace and good fortune.

Hitler was inspired to use the swastika as the Nazi symbol, and copied it wrong. Thanks to him, generations of Hindus have had to explain, "No, I'm not a Nazi sympathizer, it's a religious symbol of peace..."

Heh. Yeah. We have swastikas for our tourist maps and foreigners think we're some kind of nazi country.

I actually own one of those books.

They were effing disturbing, considering that I was like 10 or something when I read them. (Rather "saw" them, couldn't read much English back in those years)

Fashion has got to be the biggest full of shit industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back