"Interesting Poses" - The Official Thread for Garrys Mod Screenshots / Movies / etc.

deecrypt: Use the camera when taking pictures, it'l look much nicer.
Real nice ones though, i was actually thinking of doing something along those lines. Oh well.

great job dude. i love what you did with alyx. I gotta try garymod. thats awesome.

While we are all posting shit (jesus 54 pages, all good shit people)
I thought I might give mine out a try, tell me how it is! I am brand new to this and once I smooth out some bugs in my methods I am going to try and make a comic book out of the posses.

Tag line for the image is:

The G-man takes some time on his way to piss you off some more to mock some combine soldiers via a red hot iron rod to the neck.

One quick question that I have been asking all over is how can I make it so an object has no clip?
Such as when I want a character to hold a gun, the gun wont go flying or spinning and shit and never get near to the hand or bodey unless I sit for hours tweaking it and finding micro flaws in the clipping to allow me to do what I did in the images above. That took hours of pure ****ing pain and suffering having to reset my model each time from the quick save (some of you might understand my pain.

Thanks any how and tell my how you like my images.

As far as making them hold guns, well, it just takes alot of patience and work. There's no easy way to do it. Lots of items get squirrelly when they make contact with other items, that's just the way it is.

What I do is try and pick camera angle & pose combinations that work together to give the illusion that they are holding the gun, even if the gun is actually not even touching them.

I don't know what to tell you if you need a closeup of a hand holding a gun. I guess you could spawn an NPC holding the weapon you need and take a closeup of that, then use an image editor to 'shop it into your screenshot.

Alternatively, it might be easier to photoshop the "AI disabled" out and just use the screenshot of the NPC holding the weapon. Depends on what you need in your composition I guess.

For me, since I want to pose them, using NPCs is not an option.

what I ment was how to take away the cliping, I dont care about the ai disabled crap but my question was how to take away cliping, in simpler terms what I asked was how can you make stuff go through stuff.

Sorry if anyone already managed to post this.

I and my brother were fooling around yesterday with Garrys Mod, and I decided to spawn a Combine Gunship. And then activated so it should attack the players, and to my surprise it didn't use it regular gun, but some sort of laser which it only used when you were near it.
I took some screens while it shot at us.

Never seen that laser in the SP in HL2.

Attachments

• Gunship.jpg
    Gunship.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 434
  • Gunship2.jpg
    Gunship2.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 394
  • Gunship3.jpg
    Gunship3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 390
Loke said:
Sorry if anyone already managed to post this.

I and my brother were fooling around yesterday with Garrys Mod, and I decided to spawn a Combine Gunship. And then activated so it should attack the players, and to my surprise it didn't use it regular gun, but some sort of laser which it only used when you were near it.
I took some screens while it shot at us.

Never seen that laser in the SP in HL2.

No, it was disabled. :(

Just how exactly did you get the idea for the Lemaar picture??

Dumb Dude said:
How was that Gunship "activated"?

Using this mini-mod for Garry's Mod. You can spawn NPC which are alive and not dead, and can give them orders to attack other NPC’s or players.

wse_jack said:
what I ment was how to take away the cliping, I dont care about the ai disabled crap but my question was how to take away cliping, in simpler terms what I asked was how can you make stuff go through stuff.

Ragdoll clipping is affected by this command:
cl_ragdoll_collide (1 or 0)

I don't know if that will help with objects though.

Loke said:
Using this mini-mod for Garry's Mod. You can spawn NPC which are alive and not dead, and can give them orders to attack other NPC’s or players.
its a mod for a mod, how interesting

i remember a while back, someone was playing hl2 for second time, and they saw the gunship do that, it is same as the striders blue beam ,except that its on a plane, thats the second tyim i heard someone said they saw it

ktimekiller said:
i remember a while back, someone was playing hl2 for second time, and they saw the gunship do that, it is same as the striders blue beam ,except that its on a plane, thats the second tyim i heard someone said they saw it

Hm, it seems that the gunship needs to be very close the ground to do that, and also be very close to the player. Because in Garry's Mod as soon as I ran away from the gunship it started to shoot with it's primary gun.

Loke said:

Or you could just spawn it in the console.

Fireindaho said:
Here's my second comic: Citizen X

This time I went for action, instead of humor. It's kind of long, 42 panels.
Excellent! What map is that, it reminds me of the first level of goldeneye

Actually, it's a map I got here on the HL2 Deathmatch forum. In the credits I give the link.

Glad you guys liked the comic.

heres my first try on garrys mod, what do you think?

i know alyx looks kinda silly, i didnt realise until now.

Attachments

• garrysmod.JPG
    garrysmod.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 355
Nice, but you are right about Alyx looking wierd.

Pretty good for a first try, also, that Citizen X one was awesome! Make more!

Back