is it ok to be racist towards some races?

who teh hell started all this racism sh1t?

was it the white people..what the hell were tehy so afraid of from black people..?? ZOMG BLACK PPL WTFWALLHACKER...

no seriously though, why the hell did white people hate black people and/or other races so much? It's not like they started shit with white people before, it's not like they were advanced more in some ways than white people or anything...like WTF...WHY??

If you can get people to do other things for you, then you have succeeded in life.

No. Racism is always illogical unless a race has like 5 people which are all idiots. Which is just rediculous.
Also in b4 Shasta.

Well, obviously not but man, so many black people I come across are 'racist' towards whites, freaking hypocrites.

One day when they're being lame I'm just going to throw in some random comment about slaves, quite loudly, and than run like hell. :)

I think this is appropriate.

Tom Lehrer said:
One week of every year is designated "National Brotherhood Week". This is just one of many such weeks honoring various worthy causes. One of my favorites is "National Make-Fun-Of-The-Handicapped Week", which Frank Fontaine and Jerry Lewis are in charge of, as you know. During "National Brotherhood Week" various special events are arranged to drive home the message of brotherhood; this year, for example, on the first day of the week Malcolm X was killed, which gives you an idea of how effective the whole thing is. I'm sure we all agree that we ought to love one another and I know there are people in this world that do not love their fellow human beings and I HATE people like that! So here's a song about "National Brotherhood Week".

Oh, the white folks hate the black folks,
And the black folks hate the white folks.
To hate all but the right folks
Is an old established rule.

But during national brotherhood week, national brotherhood week,
Lena horne and sheriff clarke are dancing cheek to cheek.
It's fun to eulogize
The people you despise,
As long as you don't let 'em in your school.

Oh, the poor folks hate the rich folks,
And the rich folks hate the poor folks.
All of my folks hate all of your folks,
It's american as apple pie.

New yorkers love the puerto ricans 'cause it's very chic.
Step up and shake the hand
Of someone you can't stand.
You can tolerate him if you try.

Oh, the protestants hate the catholics,
And the catholics hate the protestants,
And the hindus hate the moslems,
And everybody hates the jews.

It's national everyone-smile-at-one-another-hood week.
Be nice to people who
Are inferior to you.
It's only for a week, so have no fear.
Be grateful that it doesn't last all year!

No. Racism is wrong and is never a joke. If you think it is okay to be a racist then you exactly have the same thinking or worst, characteristics like Adolf Hitler who tries to exterminate all the Jews.

Well, obviously not but man, so many black people I come across are 'racist' towards whites, freaking hypocrites.

One day when they're being lame I'm just going to throw in some random comment about slaves, quite loudly, and than run like hell. :)

Like women.

"DAMNT I CAN DO EVERYTHING THAT A MAN CAN DO! GIMME RIGHTS!"

"Here are your rights kthxbai"

"DAMNT, why does my husband expect ME to take out the rubbish??? HE'S THE MAN OF THE HOUSE, I'M A WOMAN!"

meh. This topic isn't even worth being discussed...He sould better get it, or some ni*ggers come from the hood and beat the living crap out of you otherwise XD Oh Jesus, maybe I'm under too much influence by that Fuhrer-beer bottle my brother was given as a souvenir from Italia fascistica :S

meh. This topic isn't even worth being discussed...He sould better get it, or some ni*ggers come from the hood and beat the living crap out of you otherwise XD Oh Jesus, maybe I'm under too much influence by that Fuhrer-beer bottle my brother was given as a souvenir from Italia fascistica :S

Yeah. And we all know the answer to this question, the answer is "no".

it's okay to be racist to whatever race you like, aslong as you don't care that others think differently.

Who's to say that rapists are worse people than anyone? It's basically opinions that have formed from influences. This example isn't of race, but the principle applies.

Let us imagine the following:
There is a new race where 99% of the population murder for fun. It is a known fact that one of the differential factors of this race to any other is that they tend to kill people.
Would it be wrong to say you do not like people from this race because most of them are murderers? No.

This is a large exageration but you can NOT say that there's no differences between races. ALL races have different characteristics, as do all people. If you don't like some of the characteristics, it's fair not to like the race.

Hitler Hitler. Hitler Hitler Hitler, Hitler Hitler!

Hitler Hitler... Hitler? Hitler, Hitler Hitler; Hitler Hitler (Hitler Hitler Hitler). Hitler.

I think I just won the thread.

it's okay to be racist to whatever race you like, aslong as you don't care that others think differently.

Who's to say that rapists are worse people than anyone? It's basically opinions that have formed from influences. This example isn't of race, but the principle applies.

Let us imagine the following:
There is a new race where 99% of the population murder for fun. It is a known fact that one of the differential factors of this race to any other is that they tend to kill people.
Would it be wrong to say you do not like people from this race because most of them are murderers? No.

This is a large exageration but you can NOT say that there's no differences between races. ALL races have different characteristics, as do all people. If you don't like some of the characteristics, it's fair not to like the race.

In the read world, the difference is in the person, it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

I think Jerry_111 misses the irony of the question he posed. You cant just pick a few races to discriminate against, you must discriminate equally against all races, anything less would be racist

It really doesn't matter if we're black or white. The important thing is that we're all the same religion.

There's one human species and one human race. So the term "racist" is slightly odd.

In the read world, the difference is in the person, it has nothing to do with the color of his skin.

No one claims that it is?

It's not about the colour, although the colour helps distinguish between general races. To say there are no statistical differences in characteristics between "blacks" and "whites" is stupid. It doesn't make sense in evolution for both races to share the same characteristics which only vary between each person.

Racism as in "hatred" of people that are different from you is wrong no matter what race.

On the other hand Racism is one of the funniest things on the planet when not backed by hatred or done on purpose to make some one mad. **** people getting offended.

Racism as in "hatred" of people that are different from you is wrong no matter what race.

On the other hand Racism is one of the funniest things on the planet when not backed by hatred or done on purpose to make some one mad. **** people getting offended.

like when you refer to your jewish neighbour as "dirty jew" in a friendly jovial way? Or how about when the chinese food delivery guy delivers your food you thank him with a tip and a "have a good night, ya rice eating gook!"

sometimes some of you guys make it so easy for me to redicule you, it's like "here Stern, here's an invitation to make me look like an ass, enjoy" ..and I do

You'd be surprised how many 15 year olds use 'Jew' as an insult :|

I use it and im going on 17, it's hilarious. "Fo jew" oooh the fun to be had

Kitfox: "Racism as in "hatred" of people that are different from you is wrong no matter what race."

Ok, hatred of people is wrong? So now we aren't allowed to hate ANY people? Well that sucks, whats next, we can't hate types of music / films / games?

We got one black guy on our school (out of nearly 1000). You have no idea how much shit he gets. He's very cool about it though.
Like, "Yo, nigga, get me something to drink or I won't let you eat water melons tonight"

what is Racism?

Do racist only hate people because they are differnt?
Or is it because certain groups of people affect us in a bad way?
skin color doesn't matter,but the western culture is supperior,it just so happens it was created by a white man :O

what is Racism?

Do racist only hate people because they are differnt?
Or is it because certain groups of people affect us in a bad way?
skin color doesn't matter,but the western culture is supperior,it just so happens it was created by a white man :O
The western culture was/is superior in a technological and secular way, and using that superiority we absolutely RAPED the "less superior" countries. gg :hmph:

I use it and im going on 17, it's hilarious. "Fo jew" oooh the fun to be had

Kitfox: "Racism as in "hatred" of people that are different from you is wrong no matter what race."

Ok, hatred of people is wrong? So now we aren't allowed to hate ANY people? Well that sucks, whats next, we can't hate types of music / films / games?

2 things.

First, using Jew as an insult isn't really that hilarious unless you're still in middle school, and I expect you aren't, if you're 16. I use it too, occasionally, but only because I tend to speak like the people I'm around while I'm at school, and I'm certainly not proud of it (not embarrassed, or ashamed, either, but certainly not proud).

Second, in your hypercritical rush to judge Kitfox's post, you made yourself look like an ass. I hope that's desireable. In any case, what he's saying is that hating people based on principle merely because they're fundamentally different than you (because of religion, race, sexual orientation, whatever) is stupid. Which it is, and you were obviously not actually bothering to think about what he wrote, given your response. Hating people is an entirely different thing than hating objects anyway... objects are not infinitely complex structures of amazing intellect and vibrancy. Even the most morally despicable person is beautiful, and until you start looking at things from that perspective you'll never be tasked to even participate in this sort of discussion.

Also, it's pretty stupid to hate a type of music or film anyway, without seeing it, because you haven't seen every movie or heard every artist of a particular genre, and labels are often misleading.

Hate's a very strong word.

I hate Finalfantasy games, having only played one i hate them all.

Also - judging off labels is fine, as it is the purpose of labels. I judge ex-convicts solely based on their label. Is that wrong? Or a better question - am i not allowed to think it's right?

I wasn't commenting on the purpose of labels, I was commenting on the stupidity and narrowmindedness inherent in the decision to base judgements soley on them.

Your opinion of Final Fantasy is not only irrelevant but a bad attempt to avoid responding to the bulk of my post.

I wasn't commenting on the purpose of labels, I was commenting on the stupidity and narrowmindedness inherent in the decision to base judgements soley on them.

Your opinion of Final Fantasy is not only irrelevant but a bad attempt to avoid responding to the bulk of my post.

No actually it was directly relevant and also in response to your post, and to what i saw to be the most important parts.

I am in fact angered by your inability to follow events of a discussion. Lets recap:

True - you didn't comment on the purpose of labels. You said labels shouldn't be used as a means of pre-judging (or that is what i gathered from your post, sorry if that's not the case) - you said labels are misleading.

So then i made the arguement that labels have the sole purpose of describing what they are attached to, if they are misleading, they are useless. Labels are given for reasons, not purely based on stereotypes.

I then made the arguement against "it's pretty stupid to hate a type of music or film anyway, without seeing it," - i used a game example - which is without a doubt perfectly valid.

You claim i missed the bulk of your post, so to continue:

Saying jews isn't hilarious on a basic level - correct. The word doesn't make me giggle, it's deeper than that. It's hard to explain why myself and others find it funny, i guess you could describe it as the childish aspect. I also find it funny calling people "noob" because that word is so overused and unfunny - which makes it a great joke-insult.

To your second paragraph: "what he's saying is that hating people based on principle merely because they're fundamentally different than you"

So by hating we will call it "treating differently" and we replace "fundamentally different" with different. You get: Treating people differently merely because they are different - Yes? That is simple action - reaction. None of that was taken out of context, simply reworded.

As for the hating objects thing - I said "what's next; not being able to hate objects" blah blah. I wasn't totally serious - but it stands to reason. I can hate what i want - i won't ban people from getting a seat on a bus - but i can hate them.

I know that your response to this will be generic. You will say i am stupid for offering a logical opinion (which you already have done btw) - i do not support racism but my reason for posting was i saw WAY too many conforming posts with people saying "No it's wrong" asif that is obviously true and questioning it would be a sin.

Also i'd like to make the comment that locking controversial race / religion debates is wrong (i see it going there). It is asif discussing beliefs shouldn't be done. And as of yet - no one has made any offensive comments towards someone else or a race.

Wow what a retarded thread.

"GEE IS IT OK TO DISCRIMINATE?! LOLOL"

Seriously, what is the purpose in this? This should be in the Politics forum.

Back