Is this for real?!?!?!?!

I guess that because of Munro acting as someone else (a person from Valve, doug) would advise Valve that they should make a email verification system in Steam -- meaning more time will take for Steam to be ready for HL2 and we will have to wait longer jsut because one person made a difference to the whole company... oh well. Life sucks, we must get over it and move on. I will definitely still get the game when it comes out.

This part is bad:

We do plan to address this later, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
Right now the crippling problem is lack of bandwidth. I've been causing
an (unpopular) stir on that, saying that we should add peer-to-peer now
not later (as we had planned). Gabe seems to agree and wants to see an
immediate plan to do that. It's a huge amount of work and will occupy the team for a long time -- IMO we _really_ need it for HL-2 launch to
succeed on Steam.

Perhaps even so bad it could mean that HL2 is pushed into 2004, or perhaps the Steam-release is.

oh and btw, kind of OT: I never really LOVED Half-Life, I only played the actual original game and not cs just when steam came out. Before that I never knew what it was like. But just seeing the new engine and how amazing the new game looks like I know for sure it's gonna be worth every cent out of those 50 bux.

GJ, not. Stuff like that is lame to do even though you got some information a ton of other fans knew already.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
It smells like someone setting up Munro to me.

He already admitted that it was him.

Damn, I hope Steam doesn't delay the game too long. If Steam is, in fact, the problem.

Originally posted by alco
He already admitted that it was him.

Damn, I hope Steam doesn't delay the game too long. If Steam is, in fact, the problem.

If it isn't THE problem it certain is A problem.

Dammit I couldn't care less about steam... oh well Valve must make money...

Whether the email was intercepted or leaked by someone within valve is unknown - I can tell you now that nobody outside Valve knows the truth.

This news first appeared on myg0t's website, FAK3R is a nobody who's copy and pasted it on several Half-Life2 forums in a desperate attempt for 15 minutes of fame. Quite sad.

steams the problem. i like steam thou, i personally think its a great idea. no i don't want the game delayed to long. BUT i want hl2 released on the aniversary of hl1. i always have.

Whatever, I already knew it was because of steam...

stupid bandwidth
:flame:

ps-nice read :)

Steam is a good idea, but a bunch of idiots ****ed it up the anal.

Who cares what the reason is seriously.. the game is DELAYED.. whether it's steam or not, it's not going to bring the game closer to us. They will release it when they are ready too.

And nobody else notice that poor old Fak3r hasn't said anything else since he got his thread closed by Munro.. can you say BANNED :D

Munro proved a good point to the ppl at Valve in that email activation should be implimented because I wouldn't want anyone using my email address to set up an account leaving me using some fake one.

Good job Munro, if it was you, and it's too bad some moron leaked this info to the public, but in all honesty, it wasn't anything exciting or really newsworthy. Now if it was leaked info on multiplayer, THEN I would be excited :)

Wow, you guys just don't get it. Munro didn't really do anything wrong, he found a bug in the system and showed it to Chris. Chris accidently told him some stuff he shouldn't have, but that's besides the point, because Munro promised to not publish it.

Then Chris sends an e-mail to Gabe or whomever and that e-mail happens to get picked up. This is of course a bad thing, but that really doesn't have anything to do with Munro. There could have been anything in there from Chris to Gabe, and it got out. That it was a discussion with some guy who got some info he shouldn't have gotten and promised not to publish it is totally besides the point.

Munro did nothing wrong. His nick just ended up in an e-mail there was grabbed. I'm sure Chris and Gabe could trust him not to reveal that info.

It just seems a lot of you think Munro leaked the e-mail, which is obviously ridiculous as he never had access to it.

Originally posted by SpaceRain
Wow, you guys just don't get it. Munro didn't really do anything wrong, he found a bug in the system and showed it to Chris. Chris accidently told him some stuff he shouldn't have, but that's besides the point, because Munro promised to not publish it.

Then Chris sends an e-mail to Gabe or whomever and that e-mail happens to get picked up. This is of course a bad thing, but that really doesn't have anything to do with Munro. There could have been anything in there from Chris to Gabe, and it got out. That it was a discussion with some guy who got some info he shouldn't have gotten and promised not to publish it is totally besides the point.

Munro did nothing wrong. His nick just ended up in an e-mail there was grabbed. I'm sure Chris and Gabe could trust him not to reveal that info.

It just seems a lot of you think Munro leaked the e-mail, which is obviously ridiculous as he never had access to it.

oh i know munro didn't leak it, but he was still an asshole the way he went about it and the way he was talking to chris, almost taunting him, i dont think he realizes how much trouble chris could get into, and how chris must have been feeling at that moment.

Originally posted by Xtasy0
oh i know munro didn't leak it, but he was still an asshole the way he went about it and the way he was talking to chris, almost taunting him, i dont think he realizes how much trouble chris could get into, and how chris must have been feeling at that moment.

yes it was very ****ed up of him to do that, I feel sorry for Chris, poor man fell for a Melicious trick.

It would have proven the same point to have him say "Hi Chris," "Hi Doug," "Oh, I'm not Doug. I just stole his name. Wanted to point out a flaw in the system, you need an email verification." "OK, thanks for pointing this out." Something like that.

GIve in.....
test2_150.gif

Originally posted by SpaceRain

Unless, of course, Chris cc'd munro his mail conversation with someone else at Valve. Just to show him "here look Gabe said you can't publish any of this"

Actually, now that I think about it, I think this "leaked letter" is some sort of deal between Valve and munro. Hear me out:

Valve: you can't publish any of this

munro: But I'm about to explode from not telling anyone, and if I do, it's all gonna come out :)

Valve: Hmm, ok hax0rboi, what if we go though the conversation and edit out some of the more controversial aspects of it. We will then send you a "leaked" e-mail which you are free to distribute to the public. Sound ok?

munro: Sure. It will draw attention to halflife2.net and any publicity is good publicity.

Yeah, ok, I hate to admit it, but you're right. :)

MrMethane: wrong

Xtasy0: Munro was proving the point that Steam allowed people to impersonate a Valve employee with remarkable ease.

Originally posted by PiMuRho
MrMethane: wrong

Xtasy0: Munro was proving the point that Steam allowed people to impersonate a Valve employee with remarkable ease.

yes, i understand that, it doesn't change my statement at all.

What?

Munro was trying to *help* VALVe...

Perhaps he could have done it in a more secretive manner, but he's not a jerk for doing that...

Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
What?

Munro was trying to *help* VALVe...

Perhaps he could have done it in a more secretive manner, but he's not a jerk for doing that...

did you actually read what i said? it has nothing to do with him being secretive.

Originally posted by ME

Damn what did i miss? 'caus the steam post was taking down and i don't have a clue what's going on :(

Damn hang over :(

I'm in the same boat kawanda. (well if you are on a boat that is).

I know it's been deleted but I'd really like to know what was actually said in the email. Is it going to pass into HL2 history as the post that only 10 people read?

Originally posted by MoJo|Night

I know it's been deleted but I'd really like to know what was actually said in the email. Is it going to pass into HL2 history as the post that only 10 people read?

only 10 people?? theres six pages of replies about it here, thats way more than 10 people.

did you actually read what i said? it has nothing to do with him being secretive.

If you choose to see negative connotations in his actions, then I can't stop you. I disagree with you, though. I don't believe Munro was an "asshole."

Originally posted by MoJo|Night

Noone gonna tell u cause we are gonna go Valve on your ass and dont tell you s*it lol

Wasent there another link to the post? I dont remeber. Maybe I just got lucky and got to read it

Yes it's only natural to spread the proof of incompetence when it comes to certain Valve Employees

They should release the singleplayer-only HL2 version right now, I'm sick of waiting and I never planned to play HL2 online.

Ok this has gone right over my head and now the thread has been deleted.

What the hell happened exactlly?

Plain english, no noob talk.

The jelly fish with a gun in his hand is bacccccccccccccccckkkkkkk.

Well I think it is fake.

no one can crack a game.

Originally posted by Mr.Magnetichead
Ok this has gone right over my head and now the thread has been deleted.

What the hell happened exactlly?

Plain english, no noob talk.

well it got deleted from here and steampowered, so most likely anyone reposting the information won't get a warm welcome.

well Im sure someone has it logged or saved to their machien somewhere, I'd like to know also..can always sent to me at [email protected] if anyone is feeling generous

i have it logged, but i really cant be bothered emailing it to every person on here, its not reall that big of a deal anyways.

Back