ITS AUGUST 17 HERE w00t HL 2 Preload :)

thehunter1320 said:
(i'm one of the people who don't think it will pre-load today ;))

Oh lol. Well.. eh.. Its 5:40 PM EAST USA. I think it will start preloading like at 10:pM or 11:00 PM USA EAST :p Like CS:S :p

Now I get why your postcount is so high :p

Anyway, it's not that hard to make it on the 17th for most people... timezones do overlap you know :p

DeltaBlast said:
Now I get why your postcount is so high :p

Anyway, it's not that hard to make it on the 17th for most people... timezones do overlap you know :p

i don't do that often... sorry :eek:

i heard (or read) gabe newell say ( and no sorry i don't have a quote :( ), that the steam network was powerful enough to (theoretically) deliver the full hl2 game to a person per second (!). so calculating a bit (estimating about 2gb of game data), that would make the steam network have a bandwith of aproximately 2gB/s! (which is 16gigabit). That's enormous (but then again they do have insane amounts of money made from the counter-strike and half-life franchises), but for as far as i know they plan to pre-load hl2 to everyone. No sense thinking it doesn't make any sense, we'll all see it when the time comes.

PS: I'm very excited to see Steam perform under those odds :D

Huh, CS:S started preloading about 9:30 PM EST. IDK where u got the 11:00?

Wait, so Valve said 9:30 EST for the time that the preloading begins?

Sashswash said:
Wait, so Valve said 9:30 EST for the time that the preloading begins?

No.

CS:S started at 21:30 and that guy says that Hl2 might start then as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

either way im staying up tonight UK and its 00:46

Ill just play the Dawn of War Beta and keep browsing inbetween matches.

DOW is great btw.

Dougy said:
No.

CS:S started at 21:30 and that guy says that Hl2 might start then as well.

--------------------------------------------------------

either way im staying up tonight UK and its 00:46

Ill just play the Dawn of War Beta and keep browsing inbetween matches.

DOW is great btw.

21:30 is 9:30 :eek:

I still have my doubts about this HL2 preload tonight, it seems an odd and random thing to do, unless maybe there planning a juicy announcement soon.

Hi all was around for a bit then the code got leaked so I faded away. Im back so Im trying to "catch up".

I have DL Steam and have a HL cd Key. Cant find the CD so Im "DL" as I play.

Whats all this talk about preloading? Is it happening or do I have to initiate it?

Thanks.

Lobster said:
I still have my doubts about this HL2 preload tonight, it seems an odd and random thing to do, unless maybe there planning a juicy announcement soon.
pfft... doubt it... i give them 2 more hours and then i post "i win" in this thread

its 8:40 PM USA EAST. HL 2 PreLoad is getting sooner and sooner. I say 2 hours left or 1 :p

8:43 (or 20:43....) right now. Hopefully it'll start preloading, but i really can't say that i'm positive it will. I really just don't know whether or not to expect it. I guess i don't expect it to :eek: Maybe i'll be surprised though

its 9:02 PM USA EAST. Anyone remember what time CS:S Started Preloding in USA EASTER TIME?

Conkorg said:
its 9:02 PM USA EAST. Anyone remember what time CS:S Started Preloding in USA EASTER TIME?

9:30, give or take a few minutes

I never really believed it would happen today. I usually take to waiting a few weeks not a few hours.

thehunter1320 said:

yay...you get a prize, we just don't have it right now and never will :)

It doesn't matter when HL2 preloads really, after all, the earlier the preload the longer cracked cache files will have to be spoiled on the net. Most of us preloaders have broadband anyway, so it'll take under a day for the whole thing to dl, so once again, it matters not, imo.

I hope i can preload, even if i dont have it yet, i mean, you should have the choice as weather you preload or not, plus i have fully paid for my preorder of hl2 over a year ago now, and thats only fair :sleep:

meh...i guess i'll watch TV or something, then come back and check if the preload's available. I never really expected anything, so i'm not upset at all. Maybe it'll be good to go by the time i wake up tommorow... :sleep:

Seppo said:
They will start the HL2 preloading on 11:59 PM just to be funny. And then they'll say "technically, we mean technically, it's still August 17, so technically we didn't lie to you"

Hhmmm... you maybe right ;)

Yip, ive learned a lesson today.

Never belive any date anounced by Gabe or Doug.

just ignore it and check these forums once in the morning and once at night.

I mean this is what? the.... 8th time they got a date wrong?

Dougy said:

its still the 17th..

they got the dates right for the cafe cs:S preloading AND the CS:S cz/voucher preloading.

Who gives a shit if it's preloaded today? You want to waste hard drive space? Preloading is so stupid to get excited about. Jesus.

Dougy said:

Yeah, that we know of. They probably miss tons of internal deadlines. *sigh* and now we wait for Doug to explain.

hunteraz said:
Who gives a shit if it's preloaded today? You want to waste hard drive space? Preloading is so stupid to get excited about. Jesus.

so what do you get excited about? and how does that make it more right than what we are getting excited about?

hunteraz said:

No, no. I don't care about preloading itself really. Its just that preloading is a sign that the game is moving forward instead of standing still or going backward.

hunteraz said:
It's not a waste of hard drive space for me. I'd just use it up on TV Shows or something else big, so it's good that I can actually use that space on HL2.

dart321 said:
and now we wait for Doug to explain.

yes..... when we said the 17th, we really meant..... NOT the 17th... we go by nasa (of the paralell universe)'s dates, not reality

:)

So is there like 4 hours to go before the pre-load is officially delayed?

nutcrackr said:
Yep. Jeez, where's that quote with the 'one Lombardi' as a unit of non-existant time?

nutcrackr said:
it's delayed already... they aren't going to release it at 11:59... you guys need to learn to let go and remember the past... this isn't the 1st time

Back