It's Friday 9/26 7:00am in Tokyo!!

Actually, it gave me a little chuckle rather than offending me. I was just using rhetorical questions as a speech tactic.

Wait, what was this thread about originally?

Political Correctness is dumb. His comment wasn't "good" but nor was it nearly as bad as you people are making it out to be. Had he implied that Asians were inferior then it'd over the line.

On topic:

It would be incredible if Valve dont come out with more info about the delay when they are in Tokyo.
Its obvious they like too keep info for them self but not saying anything about the delay and beeing more specific about the release date would seem like a bad move in market strategy

Originally posted by RakuraiTenjin
Political Correctness is dumb. His comment wasn't "good" but nor was it nearly as bad as you people are making it out to be. Had he implied that Asians were inferior then it'd over the line.

There's a difference between fun satire and flat out racist jackassery. The comment went way beyond cute "non-politically correct" hijinks. In any case, maybe he'll learn someday.

On topic: Well I guess we won't get any news until tomorrow.

Originally posted by Owskie
for somereason im quoting myself, because people keep asking if any of vavle is going to be there

The instant I read John Carpenter I immediately shrugged it off as a joke. I don't know if there's a John Carpenter that works for Valve but I'm certain there is a horror flick writer/producer guy named as such. Forgive me if you are correct.

--

There is a difference between racism, general prejudice, and being a bigot. I think bigot falls in line here. Let's get over the comment - it wasn't that bad, but it sure as didn't make anyone smarter. Fair?

Originally posted by Garp
There's a difference between fun satire and flat out racist jackassery. The comment went way beyond cute "non-politically correct" hijinks. In any case, maybe he'll learn someday.

On topic: Well I guess we won't get any news until tomorrow.
I'm not saying it was a "cute joke" but it didn't merit the "OMFG RACIST MOFO BAN ASAP RACISSMSMM"

It was a bad thing to say, but not THAT BAD as people are making it. Like I said, he didn't really say asians were inferior.

Ummm, yeah. Was there anything new shown at the show? In fact, what sites are covering the event?

Originally posted by Ares
The instant I read John Carpenter I immediately shrugged it off as a joke. I don't know if there's a John Carpenter that works for Valve but I'm certain there is a horror flick writer/producer guy named as such. Forgive me if you are correct.

There is a difference between racism, general prejudice, and being a bigot. I think bigot falls in line here. Let's get over the comment - it wasn't that bad, but it sure as didn't make anyone smarter. Fair?

haha my bad, was trying to think of the name at the top of my head.. it was john cook

though...valve and ...horror? horror...delay? hmmmmm

It's Friday 9/26 7:00am in Tokyo. Do you know where your Half Life 2 is?

Sorry, had to do it.

Originally posted by Ares
It's Friday 9/26 7:00am in Tokyo. Do you know where your Half Life 2 is?

Sorry, had to do it.
Well, its actually 2:30pm in tokyo, and no, I don't know where my HL2 is

I can't believe GameSpy didn't mention they were going to check out HL2 there! LOSERS! lol :p

Originally posted by RblDiver
I can't believe GameSpy didn't mention they were going to check out HL2 there! LOSERS! lol :p
I know, shoo! That kinda makes me think that there won't be anything new for HL2

I hope Gabe will meet the right persons cause they all look the same :dork: :p

Originally posted by Garp
Wow Hudson, that was rediculously uncalled for and completely pathetic. It's always interesting running into racist punks.
I'm surprised he hasn't been banned already... He's been an arse for long enough to warrant a lovely shining IP ban, surely?
Hudson: You are a c*ck-monkey.

Meanwhile, I doubt we'll get any new stuff but if there isn't any explanation for the delay, I'm going to be a sad Chi ;(

Originally posted by hudson
I hope Gabe will meet the right persons cause they all look the same :dork: :p

haha :)
now that was funny, you guys here need to relax, let this 13 years old kid have his moments...

Racist moments wont be tolerated, regardless of your age.

Ding-dong the witch is dead. ]
Well done rec!
And according to his profile, he was 22... Yes, of course you were :hmph:

Does anyone know what time this conference/event is taking place in Tokyo time and how that translates to other countries' time (ie: GMT)

i dont think there will be any new info.
Somebody emailed or talked to someone on steam and the answer was no new info just old stuff.
But we are all in denial so...common new info!

I doubt we'll get owt. But how irritating is it going to be when it's:

"What can you tell us about the delay?"
"I'm afraid we can't talk about that at this time."

Oh dear...

Argh. No new info makes jack a cold hearted murdering boy. :mad:

Its +9gmt time, and now gmt its 11 49 so its close to 9 pm

sorry if someone posted this already, but I think I read somewhere that it's the samethings that are in the e3 demo..nothing new.

Yeah, but Valve and the press will be there. I'm sure the press will ask questions, but not so sure that Valve will give answers... possible...

What time was this event supposed to have taken place, and when will we hear some info from it?

Reply:

(I am Jack's lack of surprise) I doubt they'll show anything new, most likely things everyone or mostly everyone has seen and probably reiterate that the game has been delayed until a holiday release. Just my opinion.

- Jason:dozey:

TGS: HALF-LIFE 2: The game of show? The average showgoer was locked off from it. ATI imported a very small theatre capable of seating 30 people at a time. They also had hourly shows. Unless you waited for an hour you could not get in. So with only 5 shows, only 150 showgoers out of +10,000 got to see the best game there. WAY TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT IN JAPAN VALVE!!! You get the retard award.

Originally posted by FriScho
TGS: HALF-LIFE 2: The game of show? The average showgoer was locked off from it. ATI imported a very small theatre capable of seating 30 people at a time. They also had hourly shows. Unless you waited for an hour you could not get in. So with only 5 shows, only 150 showgoers out of +10,000 got to see the best game there. WAY TO PROMOTE YOUR PRODUCT IN JAPAN VALVE!!! You get the retard award.

Heh, promoting the game in a fanbase friendly way DOES seem to be something they're a little rusty with doesn't it?

*sigh*

Is there any coverage from the TGS on HL2? Did it involve anything new, even any comments from Gabe etc?

Back