It's Time For Some New Speculation!

Originally posted by Apos
I thought I remember him saying that we _wouldn't_ be seeing Black Mesa again? I guess a teleportation chamber could do the trick, but i feel like we've really seen BM in the last game, and now its time for something new.

When Gabe says "familiar places" he could just as easily mean "familiar to you, personally" as in some actual real world locations.

no... i dont think he would do that. right when he says "familiar places" he knows that people will automatically think of Black Mesa. i truely believe there will be a return to BM. HL2 is gonna kick ass.

On the whole Xen issue, there appears to be massive confusion among the magazines and such. Personally, I'm not really sure whats going to happen, but hey, 102 days until HL2 now.

They said you wouldn't be visiting Xen, doesn't mean you won't be visiting another world... familiar to Xen. All he said was off-world transportation wouldn't be so jarring :)

thank you...... there WILL be off-world locations.... just not Xen :p

however Valve could just be misleading us all, and HL2 could come out as a 2d platformer.... with the subtitle : Xen hopping

:)P0)

3. The Dried Up Ocean Bed - Why is it dry anyway? What's the deal?

The first thing that comes to my mind is the lake Aral

aral_boats2_250ss.jpg

Some infoooooo

:dork:

Damn quote things :cat:

I thought it was a screeny from the dried up lake in the game! :p

/me hides in embaressment

EDIT: I just noticed I am the highest poster in this forum :p wow... even if it is only until EVIL comes home.. and I go out :p

Originally posted by mrBadger
I thought it was a screeny from the dried up lake in the game! :p

/me hides in embaressment

see what I mean?

ok...bad example perhaps...I don't think badgers has that good an eye-sight after all...

lol...quoting people using the /me function gets some ****ed up results...pretty g4y actually...

nice picture off a dry bedded sea :) with the ships.

That's definatelly a sub, you can see it in the video also. And a "Northern Petrol" sign would suggest it's somewhere in the north (not Aral).

Yup is in the vid. and behind the sub is the rather nice looking tower..Is this the prison complex that we are going to be fighting in.?
Acctualy just looking at the screens again that guard is in the prison complex shooting the Ant lion.. With the Manitou scouring the area looking for possible targets :)

Since everyone else is doing it. Yeah its a sub. :)

its a very nice looking sub as well. Do you suppose its a model?

Originally posted by GOoch
Yup is in the vid. and behind the sub is the rather nice looking tower..Is this the prison complex that we are going to be fighting in.?
Acctualy just looking at the screens again that guard is in the prison complex shooting the Ant lion.. With the Manitou scouring the area looking for possible targets :)

Manitou?

Dont think so but it resembels one of them seal/whale things that float about looking gracefull in the sea. ;)

LOL .. thats not an official name obviously. It's surprising that Valve never told us what it is.

The nuke in OppFor DOES explode - in the outro when you are on the chopper flying through Xen, and the G-man is talking to you, he says that:

"black mesa has been taken care of"

and theres a white flash and a small rumbling sound. I can't think that why it would be anything BUT the nuke. At least i think thats what happened, I played it about 2 years ago....lol.

--

The thing about Xen being the boarder world - from what i hear Xen's crystals allow teleportation, and many different universes open on Xen. Its sorta like a hub of different universes, because the fabric of space is weak there - or some other Sci-Fi bullshit.

--

The Aral sea does seem to be in the correct place for the lake bed to be - its in eastern Europe at any rate (ok its in Kazakhstan, shush, :p). But since City 17 seems to be fictional so I wouldnt be surprised if the lake/sea was too. Even though it does say Northern Petroleum doesnt neccecarily mean its in Northern Europe - you get Shell and Exxon petrol stations all over the place, and around the Aral sea i think theres a lot of petrol (but i might be wrong).

:afro: afroman !

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Yeah. When i first saw it, it reminded me of a platipus.

Yes so you said, and I keep telling you it's a Walrus.:bounce:

Don't be ridiculous. Why just look at those peculiar markings.

I'd give my right hemisphere for a few hours of sleep.

Who are you? Ive been waiting here ages hoping someone would come along. Shouldn't we try to capture a specimen?

Back