LM and Dr. Kleiner; Head of Anolamous Materials/Head of Staff?

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
"As you know, Dr. Kleiner, your former professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, originally recommended you for contact by the Civilian Recruitment Division."

Also, both Barney's letter of reassignment and Dr. Green's letter imforming her of the change of sample are signed LM and CC: Dr. Kleiner.

Perhaps Dr. Kleiner was head of Anolamous Materials/Staff and LM was the other(or just Breen's secretary of course)

LM could be Lamarr! Each question answered raises 15 more...

I've always believed LM to be the G-man. Civilian recruitment suits him, don't you think?

Alot of people died in Black Mesa. My guess is, LM was one of them.

Wait, what thing are we talking about? Where did this letter come from?
---
Ah, the employment letter from the HL1 Manual. See above.

Yes but the main question is why is Dr. Kleiner getting all these letters forwarded to him?

A note: Anyone who will not accept the Decay/BS letter as cannon this thread is off-limits. This is for discussing the significance of the letters to the plot and not if they are part of it,

Kliener is a bigwig in the anomalous mat. labs.

His specific position isn't known though.

The office of the administrator implies that it could be made up of any number of bureaucratic officials.

The administrator of Gearbox is called Landon Mogonery.

Solaris said:
The administrator of Gearbox is called Landon Mogonery.
Yeah, but LM was in the HL1 manual aswell.

ríomhaire said:
Yes but the main question is why is Dr. Kleiner getting all these letters forwarded to him?

Perhaps Kleiner was in charge of that department/section in Black Mesa, so letters concerning staff changes would be forwarded to him in.

That makes the most sense, but who would make Doctor Kliener head of Anomalous Materials Labratories?

UltimaApocalyspe said:
That makes the most sense, but who would make Doctor Kliener head of Anomalous Materials Labratories?
Eli?

6mutha****ingchar

Sam-2k said:
LM could be Lamarr! Each question answered raises 15 more...

Dr. Kleiner is obviously just a fan of old movies. He named his (female) pet headcrab Lamarr in honor of the actress Hedi Lamar. Get it? Heady Lamarr?

Well, I thought it was funny.

Oh yeah, where would I be able to find a copy of these transcripts? I, unfortunately, don't have Blue Shift or Decay, but I'd like to know as much of the background/mythology as I can.

Talyn said:
Dr. Kleiner is obviously just a fan of old movies. He named his (female) pet headcrab Lamarr in honor of the actress Hedi Lamar. Get it? Heady Lamarr?

Well, I thought it was funny.

Oh yeah, where would I be able to find a copy of these transcripts? I, unfortunately, don't have Blue Shift or Decay, but I'd like to know as much of the background/mythology as I can.
Give the name of a hosting site(I can never remember any) and I can send em. The BS one is a bit burry though.

Back