Loading then Crash?

E

Ezekial

I am having a problem, When my game gets to the Loading screen, it stays there for like 10 minutes. then after it makes an error noise, and the game crash's...

this happen to anyone else? :angry: ;(

yep, same problem here!

THIS SUCKS! I WANT TO PLAY!

What kind of gfx card do you have Ezekial?

I got nVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL

Same Exact Problem Here. Gets to where it says loading on the bottom right and then crash box that I can't see in the background.

P4 2.4B
1 Gig PC 3200
Radeon 9700 Pro Cat 4.11 ( Tried 4.12 didnt work either )
Fortissimo III 7.1
Windows XP Home

same problem i cant even change my graphics and it crashes......9600 Xt aswell

demon_fall said:
yep, same problem here!

THIS SUCKS! I WANT TO PLAY!

What kind of gfx card do you have Ezekial?

I got nVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL

Readon 9800 Pro "Iced"

I feel like, anger, burning anger...

Yeah... Waited so long and yet have to wait a few more days for a patch.

*Yawn*
So over HL2 ;) :p

what drivers u got...............it also crashes when i change the resoultion that sux

I'm on a 9600pro....

hardware doesn't seem to be a common factor;

im on SP2, what about you guys?

I get this problem during the first area transition right after you jump out of the window and go through the door

It says "loading" and then I hear a windows "DING" noise and am presented with my desktop

Radeon 9500 softmodded (that's not the prob, CS:S and the HL2 leak ran fine) runnin latest drivers from ATI and DX 9.0c
XP 2500+
A7N8X deluxe (latest drivers)
Integrated audio+network (latest drivers)
Western digital 80 gig IDE ata 133

poop :hmph:

Man, that sucks. I think we've all been there at one time or another where we bring home a new, highly anticipated game and get all juiced up at the thought of playing it, then it doesn't work.

I'm also having this problem.

9500 Pro and I just updated the driver, too.

GAH!!!! :angry:

Well at least i'm not the only one :bounce:

I am using the Omega drivers with my 9800 Pro, have SP2

256MB RAM
Upgrading it tommorow.

Well I've hammered down my problem, my D1_trainstation_02 map appears to be invalid/corrupt and if i try to map to it the game crashes

Lovely work valve with that whole stupid ass encyption/gcf/unlocking thing

except for the fact it appears to be buggy as all hell, and I don't get a boxed copy because that would be too good for me, you know... having actually payed for the game already

Well here's to redownloading it, I estimate it will take 2 goddamn weeks

Seriously, FU Valve

It looks like I might be playing Vampire the masquerade for a little bit instead, hehe.

im going to see if I can roll back to sp1....

****ing I am so god damned ****ing angry at valves ignorance

i have SP1 and it crashes! so it dont make seens to go back to sp1.

Screw it, I'm going to bed. :frown:

Goodluck, guys.

BTW, I'm new to the forums, so uh, hey!

G'night.

im rolling back to SP1

I will update you as to wether this fixes my problems - I will then change drivers... for everything I can think of

Few people so far said that redownloading it fixes the problem. Too bad I'm uinstalling SP2 as we speak, hehe. Well, we'll see tomorrow morning. Night.

rammstein said:
im rolling back to SP1

I will update you as to wether this fixes my problems - I will then change drivers... for everything I can think of

Jesus, you can actually do that?!
I would love to go back to SP1 as well, SP2 has been nothing but problems for me...

Off to the shop to buy it...but now i'm pretty worried about this error. Ah well will soon find uot...

Ezekial said:
Jesus, you can actually do that?!
I would love to go back to SP1 as well, SP2 has been nothing but problems for me...

Yeah mate!

It is as simple as going to "Add or Remove Programs"

goto service pack 2...

remove....

im not sure if it rolls back to SP1 or stock... I dont care atm I just want to try and get this ****ing whore to work

rammstein said:
Yeah mate!

It is as simple as going to "Add or Remove Programs"

goto service pack 2...

remove....

im not sure if it rolls back to SP1 or stock... I dont care atm I just want to try and get this ****ing whore to work

Heh, I am just gonna make sure every god damn thing in my computer is 100% up to date before I take a risk.

if none of the above works and they don't have a patch by the time I get off work tommorow, its a road trip to Valve :sniper:

Nope, that did nothing... Guess I have to pray a patch gets released tommorow...

nah the only problame i have is that the loading screens r maybe a tad too long. But other than that this game blows u away.
The intro was gman is great.

Yep, SP2 was not the problem.

I've started to re-download the GCF files as that seems to be the problem.

I have SP2. That's not the problem. See my "ATTN:" thread.

Oh well might as well take the 2 hours to reinstall the game see if that fixes anything.

I dought it could be hardware related seeing I just got a new gfx card 3 days ago...

well off to bed, dreaming of what it would have been like to play before work :cheers:

OMG same problem !!!!!!!

WinXP \ P4 2.6 \ 512 ddr \ GF4 Ti 4800

Whats wrong ?!?

Same here all. HL-Source will not play at all. My computer says I have the game, but server say's I'm at 76% complete (but will not load any further). HL2 does the same as you have posted...will load to title screen...I can change my options, ect. But when I start a new game I get a crash that caused a reboot.
I'm using a 6800 ultra v66.81 drivers (official). Oh yea, I get that funny sound before it crashed also. Man, have to say I'm a little disappointed :flame: ! Sure it will all get fixed. Anyways, happy for the ones who can play. Enjoy...

Dc/Gary

Back