Looney Toons is now officially raped :(

TDE is probally right... It's just like Batman of the future: Some kids will find it "pretty neat", while everyone else will just think it's yet another cartoon to watch on saturday mornings. When I was a kid I didn't care how good a cartoon was- if it was animated, I watched it. unorigonal kids cartoons like this will never catch on... in a few years I can garantee it will be forgotten, along with Batman in the future.

In my opinion, the only way a kids cartoon can actually catch on is if it is completely new and imaginative, as all the basic themes ( the comedy of looney toons, the gothic depression of batman) have been done before. The trouble is, that while an origonal cartoon will catch on and become popular, it's origonality will also be it's downfall. After all, the classic animations are always the simplest.

Take Pokemon for example, All kids loved it because it was fantastic, fresh and imaginative- but its complexity meant that it ran out of ideas, and the episodes slowly petered out until they had none of the origonals charm. Looney toons , however, will never get repetitive. The concept is just so incredibly simple that they can be adapted to fit any situation.

so this new cartoon will not catch on because it is not origonal- and it isn't simple. Kids may like it, but they wont love it :)

CREMATOR666 said:
People go too much time on their hands, I guess :sleep:

Said the person that just posted on a off topic board of website didicated to a video game. :)

yeah, but that didn't try to be all high-tech and 'cool.'
It didn't suck nearly as much as this will.

I guess all I have to say about this is WHO F*CKING CARES!!!

Hmm... In all honesty, who here still watches Looney Toons? Thought so. Why the hell does anyone care? Most Childrens programs by their very nature are predesigned to be crap - kids have no taste; how else would Chucklevision have run for so long?

Seriously, moaning about this makes us all sound like a room full of old farts. Besides, programs like this are remade all the time. No I can't think of specific examples, but have any new Loony Toons cartoons even been made in the last 20 years? Futhermore, why is everyone talking like this is some kind of unreversable act, forever sealing the style of the brand? If it doesn't work, they just go back to the old style or find a new one. Not that they've even discarded the old way anyway!

(And just because I can: /me grumbles that One Piece was far, far better back in the day. Fsck you 4kids.)

kupoartist said:
Hmm... In all honesty, who here still watches Looney Toons? Thought so. Why the hell does anyone care? Most Childrens programs by their very nature are predesigned to be crap - kids have no taste; how else would Chucklevision have run for so long?

:p

Seriously, moaning about this makes us all sound like a room full of old farts. Besides, programs like this are remade all the time. No I can't think of specific examples, but have any new Loony Toons cartoons even been made in the last 20 years? Futhermore, why is everyone talking like this is some kind of unreversable act, forever sealing the style of the brand? If it doesn't work, they just go back to the old style or find a new one. Not that they've even discarded the old way anyway!

(And just because I can: /me grumbles that One Piece was far, far better back in the day. Fsck you 4kids.)
exactely... nobody cares what looney toons is doing now.. but it better change before we all have kids and there brains are drained by useless crap :cheers:

VirusType2 said:
I think the image looks really cool!

You will pay for that one day. I don't know where. Or when. Or how. But mark my words. You will pay. And I'll be there for it.

Absinthe said:
You will pay for that one day. I don't know where. Or when. Or how. But mark my words. You will pay. And I'll be there for it.

and i'll be there with absinthe, cheering it on.

why must they f*ck with legends? :x

oh, and i WOULD still watch looney toons, but cartoon network seems to have shelved their inventory. at least during my hours of operation.

I only watch Cartoon Network for Adult Swim, really.

But if I'm in the States, it's in the morning, the TV's on, and I'm watching Bugs screw with Elmer Fudd, I just can't turn away.

Jesus, that makes me wonder! They said they'd have futuristic versions of other characters appear as guests on the show every now and then.

What would Elmer Fudd look like? Would they make him even more pathetic? Would they buff him up Ramb-style, give him a big fat cuban, and machine gun?

And what about the martian dude? What in the hell would he look like?

Back