~Lovely~ Countdown at Episode One Site

There is only one option at a time like this...

*VALVe trailer*

*Presses new game*

*Good morning, and welcome to the Black Mesa transit system...*

Yuss! My Last School Exam Is Over. :D :D :D
Bring On The Zombines !! :sniper: :borg:

03 Days, 20 Hours, 28 Minutes, 57 Seconds

3 days 16 hours 43 minutes 12 seconds! :bounce:

Must...control...myself... :)

Question now is, when do i start playing hl 2? I want to beat it again then play episode 1. Ill probably start tommorow.

kinggi said:
Question now is, when do i start playing hl 2? I want to beat it again then play episode 1. Ill probably start tommorow.

No kidding, I'll do the same. I did add Episode 's site as my home page. Man I love watching that video Silk put up.

03 Days, 16 Hours, 16 Minutes, 36 seconds.

Epsi said:
Clever guys at Valve - the countdown timer uses the time at Valve to work out how long it is until the release so it's correct for everyone. Genius.

Only if you live in the same time zone as Valve. The script counts based on your computers clock time, to 06/01/2006 10:00 AM. So the counter will be out by whatever the time difference between you and valve is.

Heh, try changing your local clock. You'll find that the countdown actually doesn't change. I wouldn't say something like that unless I was sure. If you look at the source for the script, you'll see:

Code:
                      dnow.setDate(28);
		dnow.setMonth(4);
		dnow.setFullYear(2006);
		dnow.setHours(18);
		dnow.setMinutes(34);
		dnow.setSeconds(36);
Or something like it. Now close that, refresh the page, and view source again. The numbers will have changed. That's where the PHP script on Valve's end is filling in the time where Valve is.

2am here... sad. Ah well, I'll have good dreams. :)

By the way, how many times have you changed your avatar, wildchild?

wildchild730 said:
HEHE!! I'll be asleep when it's released ;(

bigburpco said:
2am here... sad. Ah well, I'll have good dreams. :)

By the way, how many times have you changed your avatar, wildchild?

Noobs cant stay up! LOL! :rolling: :p :farmer:

Ah man why not stay up? I stayed up waiting for Half-Life 2 when it was released at 3 am played till 8am that day. Pretty much my everyday sleeping schedule

wildchild730 said:
WOW!!! 18 MINUTE DIFFERENCE!! :p

Yes, I'm not complaining, I just thought it was strange to have a precise countdown (to the second) that ended at such an arbitrary time.

Oh well, it's right before I have to go to work, so I can unlock it but I won't be able to play it until almost twelve hours later. :(

I think it's a bug in Valve's code, or a misconfiguration of the server. If you look at the source for the page, you can see the target date is bang on 10 AM.

Raziel-Jcd said:

Ah man why not stay up? I stayed up waiting for Half-Life 2 when it was released at 3 am played till 8am that day. Pretty much my everyday sleeping schedule

My brother hogs the computer for really, really, long.

EDIT: Argh, 2 days and about 11 hours left. Blargh.

Raziel-Jcd said:

it comes out at 4am friday, im not on holidays yet :mad: *swears*

bigburpco said:
My brother hogs the computer for really, really, long.

EDIT: Argh, 2 days and about 11 hours left. Blargh.

Sucks :/

wildchild730 said:
it comes out at 4am friday, im not on holidays yet :mad: *swears*

Thats stoping you from staying up how...

HARDCORE!

If you keel to dinner SHIPPI...well, we'll just have to strip your moderator title.

my nvida 6200 TC 1337 rig will own it :p

lol rest fo my rig :

amd 0pteron 165 dual 1 m cache @2.1GHz , OCZ Platinum ddr400 2GB, DFI lanparty sli-d ultra , Audigy 2 ZS, Enermax 500W Liberty , 80gb 7200.9 sata barrucuda , shiny case, bluetooth kb mouse, 5.1 surround, 19" DVI samsung monitor :)

All bottlenecked by my 6200TC!! FTW!!!

01 Days, 23 Hours, 35 Minutes, 53 Seconds

We hit 1 day people 1 ****ing day!!!!

Back