Ma-65

waedoe

Reaction score
hey guys making a new assualt rifle for a halo mod im solo working on, im using the halo story and some weapons as a back drop but adding my own twist to, like different weapons and vehicles for everything, because goddamn its a whole universe there fighting in, some planetary forces must use soemthing else than what bungie has equipt them with. ne ways heres my concept I MADE and the WIP model

Attachments

• wip.jpg
    wip.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 423
  • scan2.JPG
    scan2.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 407
It looks really cool, but I'd suggest making the magazine straight. When it's curved like that it seems to intersect or bump into the handle. Plus I personally just think straight mags are cooler.

yeah i did that for looks, part of the handel will be cut out so the mag can fit.

Looking good. The only thing i dont like is how the magazine touches the handle. You should make the butt of the gun longer, and move the magazine back, and keep the magazine curved, dont make it straight.

finished, im not moving the clip... lol i like it the way it is, so sue me its my creation just tell me if u like it or not or what you think is bad about it so maybe i can decide if i want to change it :) btw finished poly count is 2400.

Attachments

• finish1.jpg
    finish1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 308
  • finish2.jpg
    finish2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 290
  • FPS.jpg
    FPS.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 292
Very nice. Looks just like the concept art. Keep it up. Oh and btw, i am sueing you.

EDIT: I forgot to add, what is that thing that is floating in the air underneath the barrel?

Hmmm....that ammo ejector thingy looks a little plain...

thats not an ammo ejector, just a cocker. the ejector is on teh other side.... oops for got to model that... ohwell ill just skin it on

actually the bullets would come out of there. Hypothetically every weapon has one of those. It moves the bolt on the inside putting the first round into the chamber. And when every shot is fired that whole thing will move back allowing the shell casing the leave and a new bullet to enter.

which would make the location of it impossible to correspond with the location of the magazine.

use ur imagination, its the future, maybe my cockers like the m-16 where u pull back maybe this slides the bolt back even though its up farther.

waedoe said:
use ur imagination, its the future, maybe my cockers like the m-16 where u pull back maybe this slides the bolt back even though its up farther.

the location of the bolt has to be over the magazine for it to make any sense at all.

not nessisaraly you can have a spring or rod pushing the bolt back where the bullets are.

waedoe said:
not nessisaraly you can have a spring or rod pushing the bolt back where the bullets are.

then that assembly will be in the way of the bullet.

Find me a bull pup rifle or an rifle where the bolt is not directly above the magazine.

BTW im not attacking you or anything.

Im just saying the model is inaccurate.

its all very grey, would look much better with some colour in it, you should make the front bit red, and the grip green, and maybe the sight/handle on the top should be pink.

alright i found an example where the cocker isnt over the mag, and that would be the mp-5

pmab said:
its all very grey, would look much better with some colour in it, you should make the front bit red, and the grip green, and maybe the sight/handle on the top should be pink.

i havent textured it yet.....

the bolt is directly over the magazine. The handle just isn't.

You will notice the handle isn't at the same height as the barrel. As with your weapon.

Normaly you pull the handle and the chamber opens up. Which your would do just in the wrong the spot.

The mp5 handle moves the bolt. Just the handle is placed above and forward.

Yours is just placed forward.

Mate this is advanced weapon technology here. The gun actually has NO moving parts. Not even the bullets! It's a melee weapon designed to look like a gun for intimidation purposes. ... I don't care where the bolt or whatever is. In 1st person mode that bit's out of sight anyway, and I'm positive you could justify it with some crazy internal mechanism. The model's cool - can't wait ro see it skinned.

The bit where the spent cartridges come out is on the wrong side, if you are doing a right handed model. The spent cartridges should be ejected away from the body, not infront of it or towards it. The handle doesn't look balanced either, if you are carrying the gun using the handle, the back looks like it would be heavier then the front.

All in all though, it does look very good.

lol you gotta love the crits :).

The front is weighted down more to reduce recoil.

The Bolt moves the bullets a lot foward. The chamber isnt over the barrel. The Bolt moves backwards more than the handle using a gearing system.

The gun does eject to the right. the cocking handle is on the left.

Next time make a weapon without a cocking handle and we can avoid all this :).

a nice model, and pretty fair design. Certainly has it's good points. One might find it a tad uncomfortable to hold, since the magazine is so close to the grip. The front end looks somewhat out of place, IMHO, compared to the rest of the rifle; the style is different. Otherwise, everything is okay for a sci-fi gun.
btw, there is nothing wrong with a cocking handle on a high-tech gun, even if it's an energy weapon, it can still have one. For example, the levers on slot machines aren't mechanical, they're just glorified buttons.

I find it quite funny how some people attack others who design guns that wouldn't/couldn't work in real life.

They're models for a game. They're not concepts for H&K. The majority of people don't know/care whether the cocking mechanism is in the wrong place.

Nodbugger said:
actually the bullets would come out of there. Hypothetically every weapon has one of those. It moves the bolt on the inside putting the first round into the chamber. And when every shot is fired that whole thing will move back allowing the shell casing the leave and a new bullet to enter.

which would make the location of it impossible to correspond with the location of the magazine.

you dont know what your talking about! look at an mp5, the bolt is in the VERY VERY front and the shell release is on the other side in the back.

KrAyZiE said:
you dont know what your talking about! look at an mp5, the bolt is in the VERY VERY front and the shell release is on the other side in the back.

thanks i didnt think i was crazy

Back