Man raped his dying stepdaughter

Nat Turner said:
You can't prove that the punishment fits the crime. You can't prove that your morals are correct. Furthermore you don't have the qualifications to prove that 9 years is not an excessive amount of time for rehabilitation.

That was my point to begin with! You don't have the proof otherwise!

mortiz said:
That was my point to begin with! You don't have the proof otherwise!

OMG.

By default people should have small sentences. You should prove otherwise to extend it for each individual case.

Or should people by default be up for execution until you can prove it's too harsh? Do you not understand the term "by default" ?

Nat Turner said:
OMG.

By default people should have small sentences. You should prove otherwise to extend it for each individual case.

Or should people by default be up for execution until you can prove it's too harsh? Do you not understand the term "by default" ?
I'll explain.
By default, people aren't fucking psychologists.

Okay? You're neither entitled to anything but your opinion.

Beerdude26 said:
I'll explain.
By default, people aren't fucking psychologists.

Okay? You're neither entitled to anything but your opinion.

Which is why by default you should want a smaller sentence until a psychologist proves otherwise that he needs more rehabilitation.

Nat Turner said:
Which is why by default you should want a smaller sentence until a psychologist proves otherwise that he needs more rehabilitation.
Yes. But he wasn't talking about that, he was talking about the fact that you weren't qualified to psychoanalyse this guy (and neither was he) :p

It's in cases like this that it's hard to stand by your principles of having death penalty banned. However, if British prisons are any like Swedish ones, where any crime committed against children are seen as the worst form of criminality by fellow inmates, his life in prison won't be easy.

Nat Turner said:
wtf is this "rehabilitation" BS you keep spewing out? do you seriously think that's what prison is for? well lemme let you in on a little secret...

PRISON, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT, IS MEANT FOR THE PREVENTION OF FURTHER CRIME- NOT THE REHABILITATION OF THE CRIMINAL.

Teta_Bonita said:
wtf is this "rehabilitation" BS you keep spewing out? do you seriously think that's what prison is for? well lemme let you in on a little secret...

PRISON, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT, IS MEANT FOR THE PREVENTION OF FURTHER CRIME- NOT THE REHABILITATION OF THE CRIMINAL.

Yes, you rehabilitate them to prevent further crime. A longish prison term may be effective for this.

Teta_Bonita said:

PRISON, OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CRIMINAL PUNISHMENT, IS MEANT FOR THE PREVENTION OF FURTHER CRIME+revenge NOT THE REHABILITATION OF THE CRIMINAL.
fix0red

Teta_Bonita said:

I love it when people think that writing stuff bigger will make it more true.

"Prison

n 1: a correctional institution where persons are confined while on trial or for punishment [syn: prison house] 2: a prisonlike situation; a place of seeming confinement [syn: prison house]"

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

And all that BS about psychology, cut it! I don't need to hear any of those ridiculous red-herring arguments. The point is, 9 years is a long time, much longer than you all seem to think. This guy is not a repeat offender, and if he has 9 whole years to medidate his actions, I don't need a shrink to tell me he's ready for the real world.

NotATool:

That definition does not explain the purpose behind a prison system in modern society. It only states exactly what it is.

Thats f**ked up. I don't see how someone could think something like "My step daughter is unconscious because of a head injury, sounds like a good time to rape her!"

Nat Turner said:
NotATool:

That definition does not explain the purpose behind a prison system in modern society. It only states exactly what it is.

I'm confused.

A prison is a correctional institution, hence it is meant to rehabilitate the prisoner.

No?

D: thats bloddy sick. Love to get all MY brand of justice on his ass. Then again, the rest of his prison buddie will get THERE version, rejection and sex to him :|

NotATool said:
I'm confused.

A prison is a correctional institution, hence it is meant to rehabilitate the prisoner.

No?

Ideally yes, that should be prison's purpose.

*~Alex~* said:
hmm tht is so bad and so disturbing! I think the rape most probably finished her off...nine years is so not enough!
Are you saying rape is ok after a certain age?

Terrible story, that's ****ing disgusting.

Prison should be soley about rehabilitation.

That is about as sick as they get. It is highly unlikely that she would have lived if he had done the right thing and called an ambulance right away, however he had no way of knowing that at the time. Which makes it worse of course, for once ignorance actually makes what the person did even more evil.

vegeta897 said:
Are you saying rape is ok after a certain age?
No, she's saying the asshole needs to be put in prison longer.

NotATool said:
I'm confused.

No?

That is correct. The entry really doesn't explain that aspect. I think that is because the term "prison" can relate to a prison at any place at any time, so it's intentionally not specific with regards to prisons in modern first world countries.

A lot of people don't understand what rehabilitation really means, as evidenced by this thread.

Beerdude26 said:
No, she's saying the asshole needs to be put in prison longer.

As with other people here, she has no qualifications or evidence to show that a longer term for this man would be beneficial for anything. It's undoubtedly an emotional response.

ComradeBadger said:
Ideally yes, that should be prison's purpose.

I think that if a prison is anything less than that, then it should be automatically shut down.

Nat Turner said:
I don't believe in justice just for the sake of it, or to make other citizens feel better.
Rarely do I agree with you, but :cheers:

I put my vote behind Nat Turner in everything he has said so far in this argument.

they should cut off his nutts, and gang-rape him.
That with a good set of years will do :)

Ome_Vince said:
they should cut off his nutts, and gang-rape him.
That with a good set of years will do :)

No, they shouldn't. People like you should move to Iran. I bet you'd be happy there.

Gargantou said:
He should get a life sentence, and IF I was pro-death sentence, he'd definitely get it..
SICK ****er..

And we're glad you will never be a judge. :rolleyes:

Nat Turner said:

Chances are a psychologist has looked at the case and has been instrumental in sentencing.

mortiz said:
Chances are a psychologist has looked at the case and has been instrumental in sentencing.

Well until I see evidence of that, I'm in favor of a shorter sentence.

Those of you people who say 9 years is too long, I have to say I seriously agree.

Are you saying you feel sorry for this man? Are you saying that this person isn't disturbed in any way? We don't know wether or not he may do it again after prison, but do you think it's better to ruin his life, or have someone elses life potentially ruined. I have seen cases where people who have been raped have tried to kill themselves, they can't live with what has happened. And this girl DIED because of it. Are you saying you would risk another girl possibly getting raped? I wouldn't. Yes you could say that it's unfair to think that way, but still. This man did something immoral and wrong and we should hardly just let him off easy. I agree with ~Alyx~, 9 years is definitely not enough.

However I do not agree with a death penalty sentance.

OvA said:
A fine would have been plenty.

OvA, i know thats a joke, but thats going too far.

Anyway, I hope the f***er dies.

UltimaApocalyspe said:
Those of you people who say 9 years is too long, I have to say I seriously disagree.

Are you saying you feel sorry for this man? Are you saying that this person isn't disturbed in any way? We don't know wether or not he may do it again after prison, but do you think it's better to ruin his life, or have someone elses life potentially ruined. I have seen cases where people who have been raped have tried to kill themselves, they can't live with what has happened. And this girl DIED because of it. Are you saying you would risk another girl possibly getting raped? I wouldn't. Yes you could say that it's unfair to think that way, but still. This man did something immoral and wrong and we should hardly just let him off easy. I agree with ~Alyx~, 9 years is definitely not enough.

However I do not agree with a death penalty sentance.

The point of his imprisonment isn't to make you feel better. It's to ensure that he won't do it again or a similar crime. Until proven otherwise, 9 years is probably too long for that goal and is unnecessary.

Back