Mass Effect - PC

**** this game is good! Im very close to the end now and ive enjoyed every second of it. I dont know why people complain about the team mates, i just never give them order and they handle everything by themselves very well. I love the sidequests, and the dialogs are amazing. Overall this is by far one of the greatest games i have played. One thing that can be annoying is that somehow your character has already chosen which side he/she is on certain things. For example, i am playing as a female (i dont like seeing a muscular man with beard playing...makes me feel gay, id rather see tits and ass ) so whenever i talk to Kaidan they are both mysteriously in love even though i dont give a shit about him...for example, we talked about whats going to happen after everything and the only 3 options were all leaning towards somehow getting together with him, no options were made where i could of say no...wtf??

In other words, i would prefer if i could get together with Ashley but nooo, shes not intrested...:hmph: bitch

Awesome game

and also, im kind of on Sarens side actually...i havent finished the game so maybe im missing some information (im after the part where i explode the nuke in his lab thingy) and from the sound of it, he is very logical. I mean...im pretty damn sure nothing can stop the reapers if they have been doing this since the beginning of time...so why not somehow give in to them? However, if in give in means being mind controled...then that is equal to being dead so in that case i would be against him, otherwise, i see no other solution than try to ally with the reapers somehow.

except you find out later the reapers arent as all powerful and able as you think

Ashley, now there is a bird, why is it all the perfect girls are virtual, I mean why! Yes I am high on guinness.

alright, im pissed. Not ONCE was i able to have any "romatic relations" with that one alien girl at the Citadel everyone talks about, Consort or something, i was only able to talk to her once and since then i havent been able to even enter her room ffs...****ing bullshit. Is it cuz im a female ? ive seen videos of 2 females going at it..so wtf did i do wrong?

alright, im pissed. Not ONCE was i able to have any "romatic relations" with that one alien girl at the Citadel everyone talks about, Consort or something, i was only able to talk to her once and since then i havent been able to even enter her room ffs...****ing bullshit. Is it cuz im a female ? ive seen videos of 2 females going at it..so wtf did i do wrong?

I think that was with Liara and not the consort. Also have you played trough the game already?

When you speak to her , after getting that General to stop spreading lies. she offers you payments of words. After that, it gives you an option something like "Thats it" choose that and to get that scene. It works for my female Shepard

If you're a nice guy/girl she doesn't offer you that, only the small artifact to unlock that protean ruin.

If you're a nice guy/girl she doesn't offer you that, only the small artifact to unlock that protean ruin.

Not True, i was strictly good on that playthough, no renegade points whatsoever. And i still got the scene

Finally bought my ME copy, been playing since wednesday and i'm enjoying it. I'm doing all sidequests to try to expand the game duration, and although they are repetitive, so far i'm enjoying going to the uncharted planets, the galaxy feels a bit bigger this away.

There are several similarities with Kotor, but as i expected its less complex (and Kotor was not that complex either). I'm not playing it like a rpg, but as an action game with an interesting story. As an rpg is a bit disapointing, but as an action game i think its pretty solid. I don't like the fact that the world levels up at the same time as we do, and the characters so far doesn't have the carisma of Kotor's. But so far its pretty good.

I got ME for my birthday on the PC, and I'm loving it so far. Got so caught up in every single side-quest I have only completed the first space-ship mission (haven't even got the final member of the team). Also I've pretty much maxxed out all my abilities for everyone, and have close to 1 million credits.

This game is so absorbing I just love playing it, and it's actually almost completely taken me off my CSS habit, which no other game has done before. That means it has to be good.

Eh, I think the characters are all very likable and memorable, though some of them could stand to have just a bit more fleshing out (be nice if more of them had their own side-quests, for example). Really, I've enjoyed it more than Knights of the Old Republic, just because the action elements are far more organic and enjoyable. Knights always feels like it's kind of tempting me with direct real-time control of my party members, when in reality it's just turn-based, but faster. Also, Knights is definitely a much smaller game than Mass Effect; notice how, although some of the planets have larger and more open environments, there's absolutely nothing in them, and all the side-quests take place within those same environments rather than in unique ones. That's an advantage Mass Effect has over Knights, I think; even though most of the indoor environments used for side-quests are basically all the same, at least they're still fun, and make the world seem much larger and more developed.
Yeah i agree, in some points. The characters are pretty solid no doubt about that, but i think they are not that memorable compared with Bastila, Carth, Malak, HK 47, Kreia etc but i'm still playing the game so they might grow on me as time goes by.
One thing i have to congratulate Bioware for, is the world they created from scratch, its realistic and a bit complex, in Kotor they had all the Star Wars rich background so was easier for them.
Oh, don't know why everyone hated the driving sequence, saying it was undrivable, but i think its well made.

Oh, don't know why everyone hated the driving sequence, saying it was undrivable, but i think its well made.

Me too, I think most criticism is due to the planets you can land on being a bit too... mountainous. I thought the Mako handling was more realistic than in most games, but with the planet surfaces being what they are, realism can be annyoing sometimes.

Not a really hard time. Just a really boring drive, is all.

I love driving up mountains, then driving off them and boosting down.

/sad.

One of my biggest gripes with Mass effect were the side missions and the identi-kit nature of them. I didn't mind the desolate planets so much, but the fact that they only had about 4 flavours of building interior and repetitive assets was an utter joke and made the bulk of planetary visits off the main quest tedious.

One of my biggest gripes with Mass effect were the side missions and the identi-kit nature of them. I didn't mind the desolate planets so much, but the fact that they only had about 4 flavours of building interior and repetitive assets was an utter joke and made the bulk of planetary visits off the main quest tedious.
Well when space exploration and colonization comes, it will probably be based with those kind of standard clone and functional buildings.

Yesterday i went to Noveria, i liked it, it was very inspired in the Alien movies.

Well when space exploration and colonization comes, it will probably be based with those kind of standard clone and functional buildings.

Functional? Are you having a laugh? In that case where are the toilets/Kitchens/Living quarters in these structures? I could forgive the developers more for the generic nature of the spaces in the side quests (I'm not talking about the main quest locations like Noveria) if they actually attempted to include or at least elude to the functional demands of their intended purpose, but instead they simply stitched together a bunch of rooms, filled them full of crates and occasional force fields and populated them with NPCs whose sole purpose was to either wander around in a random meaningless fashion, or wait motionless until you show your face so they can try and shoot it off. In all seriousness never defend substandard design decisions. :dozey:

Functional? Are you having a laugh? In that case where are the toilets/Kitchens/Living quarters in these structures? I could forgive the developers more for the generic nature of the spaces in the side quests (I'm not talking about the main quest locations like Noveria) if they actually attempted to include or at least elude to the functional demands of their intended purpose, but instead they simply stitched together a bunch of rooms, filled them full of crates and occasional force fields and populated them with NPCs whose sole purpose was to either wander around in a random meaningless fashion, or wait motionless until you show your face so they can try and shoot it off. In all seriousness never defend substandard design decisions. :dozey:
You're talking about level design, i thought you were mentioning the art direction, the buildings and architecture design.

You're talking about level design, i thought you were mentioning the art direction, the buildings and architecture design.

Level design is the Architecture when comes to game space.

Level design is the Architecture when comes to game space.

Agreed, yo.

Obviously all the space dungeons was subcontracted out or were all hired lairs from Lair Rentals.

Obviously all the space dungeons was subcontracted out or were all hired lairs from Lair Rentals.

lol, so true.

To my mind I just think it's a shame because it lets down the overall game imo. I'd of been happier them writing another planet based chapter for the main story as detailed as the others, and not bother at all with the planetary exploration/side quests given their overall shoddy nature. They are padding, but the worst kind.

Finally finished the game. I liked it, the last part after Vermire (Vermire included) was epic. In the beggining i said the uncharted worlds were ok, but they are really boring, there was a point i was praying for no more planets (i was going to all of them), its a point Bioware has to fix in the second game.
Is unfortunate Saren had to be killed, i liked him, was nice for him to be villian in the rest of the saga, i see him like Darth Maul in SW, a very good villian that died too soon.

But like i said, was a good game, Kotor was better imo, and i prefered The Witcher as best RPG of 2007, i give it a 8/10.

Finally finished the game. I liked it, the last part after Vermire (Vermire included) was epic. In the beggining i said the uncharted worlds were ok, but they are really boring, there was a point i was praying for no more planets (i was going to all of them), its a point Bioware has to fix in the second game.
Is unfortunate Saren had to be killed, i liked him, was nice for him to be villian in the rest of the saga, i see him like Darth Maul in SW, a very good villian that died too soon.

But like i said, was a good game, Kotor was better imo, and i prefered The Witcher as best RPG of 2007, i give it a 8/10.

Now you understand what I mean about the identikit installations I hope.

Agree with the score 8/10 is about right for ME, where as The Witcher is about 9.5/10. I'm looking forward to replaying that when they release the enhanced edition.

Now you understand what I mean about the identikit installations I hope.
Yeah, definitely. There are 3 different installations copy-pasted all over the uncharted worlds, and they didnt even bothered making diferent layouts... each intallation type had the exact same layout...:| really annoying, other than that pretty solid game.

Back