Mass Effect - PC

Looks like Ill maybe have to wait until I get round to building another gaming desktop to play this...

On a laptop with a 7600Go at the moment... Runs stuff like FEAR and Oblivion etc pretty decently! But if it wants a minimum of like a proper graphics card....

I haven't really decided upon an set pair of characters yet. I went for Garrius & Wrex during the rescue of Liara, but found Garrius was always getting put down during the combat, which has turned me against him. I find Ashley/Wrex make a good combo for the side missions because they are generally all run & gun affairs. For the Novaria mission I've been using Liara & Wrex which works pretty well as I'm playing as an infiltrator (sniping ftw). I think I'll try Liara and Tali on the next mission to see how that pans out.

Also, combat is a lot easier now I sussed out you can actually move the camera in command mode (hold right mouse down) to issue team instrctions, that was a real blink and miss it instruction in the first mission (video tutorials would of been nice). :dozey:

I'm interested to know the split of people playing as male Vs Female. Personally I'm playing as female, because it's fun to be a ruthless bitch with killer cheekbones ;)

Well, the other main reason I use Tali is because I've maxed Decrpyting and Electronics with her so I can ALWAYS open up everything.

I feel selfish because I purchase the best stuff for John, and leave everybody else out

Just finished, that ending was pretty ****ing epic!

I feel selfish because I purchase the best stuff for John, and leave everybody else out

Buy? There isn't much I've got that I haven't just achieved through drops tbh. I've bought Armour for Garrius and Tali (and myself) because they are rare finds, but otherwise pretty much everything else I've gained through straight play.

I've followed the same route as you, but I had prospected a lot of planets to death that I had been able to buy the best, for the best about halfway through the game.

But I completed the game anyway

I let the council perish as they were at the bottom of a list of priorities, and gave the former Captain of the Normandy a position on the new council

Is it wrong of me to think Tali is mysteriously attractive, as I find her intelligence and nice legs cute?

I also found that the ending was a bit sudden, I really wanted to find out what happened to the rest of the Team

Does anybody know what disc 2 is for, as I had never used for the installation?

Is this game moddable, as I'm sure modders will have a jolly good time at extending the life of this game?

Buy? There isn't much I've got that I haven't just achieved through drops tbh. I've bought Armour for Garrius and Tali (and myself) because they are rare finds, but otherwise pretty much everything else I've gained through straight play.

The best equipment I've found is the Specter stuff. Its expensive, but this game gives you so much money its ridiculous. I already have two specter pistols (one for me and one for Tali, 300k each) and the specter sniper rifle (500k) plus I bought the best armor for myself from the specter guy, which was expensive as well, and I still have like 600k left. And i still havent gone to the third main-mission planet yet (went to the artemus tau cluster, and noveria, still have feros).

Yesterday I got 1 million, which meant I could buy Spectre gear.
And I did, which makes me pretty much invincible.
And now off to feros and vermire.

I play with liara and tali, simply because they are the nicest. The fact they both
perfectly augment my soldier Shepherd is a nice coincidence.

Also when it comes to RPG's I'm always unsure of what to do, so I always
save a lot of points up, then save before a battle and experiment and also
consult walktroughs to make sure I make no stupid mistakes. Hell until
yesterday Liara still had 50 points, shephard 21 and tali 36.

The shotgun is imo the best weapon, incredibly powerful, hell It took me
most of the time just two shots with a non specte shotty and with no
points in shotgun skill to kill most baddies. Right now Liara casts singularity
or lift and I just approach and kill them all. And I guess Tali does something
too, beats me what.

Edit: Where can you buy spectre armor, and how come you can buy two pistols, I could only buy 1 of each weapon.

You have a disc 2?

Yeah, both are DVDs, each labelled disc1 and disc2, I'm guessing they made a mistake by doing that. Its the way they package the CD version, but obviously nobody told the manufacturer that the DVD version didn't need an extra disc.

Edit: Where can you buy spectre armor, and how come you can buy two pistols, I could only buy 1 of each weapon.

I didnt buy specter armor, I just bought the best one he had available, which, so far, has been the best armor ive encountered. As for the pistol, Idunno, I bought one, then when I went back again, he had another for sale. But maybe its because I bought the license from the Specter merchant, and my on-ship merchant is the one im buying everything from. I also just bought the specter assault rifle for Ashley, and im still ****ing rich.

I did beat the third planet now, and im off to help the Salarian infiltration team. How close am I to the finish? I feel like im near the end since I have the best armors, best weapons, and my character is almost fully maxed out already in skills.

Yeah, both are DVDs, each labelled disc1 and disc2, I'm guessing they made a mistake by doing that. Its the way they package the CD version, but obviously nobody told the manufacturer that the DVD version didn't need an extra disc.

Disk 2 contains the other languages for the game, if you choose any other language except English or Spanish you need disk 2. That's the reason only we in Europe got disk 2 and the American version did not.

Tali is hot. Even if I have no ****ing idea what's underneath her mask.

Krynn: Two more major worlds. Hint: You won't be able to go back to Citadel after your Salarian Infiltration mission (or at least, you will, once) and you won't be able to do anything at all after you start the last world. (Fair enough)

I can make out eyes and a nose and a vague facial shape beneath that mask. And yeah I'd plough her.

Tali is hot. Even if I have no ****ing idea what's underneath her mask.

Krynn: Two more major worlds. Hint: You won't be able to go back to Citadel after your Salarian Infiltration mission (or at least, you will, once) and you won't be able to do anything at all after you start the last world. (Fair enough)

I don't understand why you can't carry on after you completed the finale, because there are so many things I still need to do without. Off course you would have to carry on without certain characters, but it doesn't matter because because I just use Garrus and Tali
Garrus and Tali both survive

You can start a new game plus? How's that work out?

It doesn't really seem worth it...

To be fair, you can always start a new game plus with the same character. That way you can get up to level 60 and unlock all of the achievements. Kinda sucks how they're character-specific, though, because it'd get boring playing the same character over and over.

The achievements are not character specific. Every achievement that gives a bonus applies to all new characters. For example, I am now playing a soldier who has overload, as I unlocked the overload achievement with my infiltrator. The same applies to the xp bonus from getting level 50, for example.

Just beat it, meh game was meh.

Combat was quite frankly, boring.
And my performance was crap... I had 30 FPS at most.
Ran really sluggishly.

But god damn, the ending is so ****ing EPIC.

My problems with the game lie in interface issues. It's deeply annoying that the character abilities and character inventory screens are separated, and you've no awareness what weapons a character can and cannot use (effectively) when considering assigning them in the inventory screen.

When at a trader or the quartermaster I'd like to be able to compare the goods I might buy against what the whole of my squad has rather than just the 3 with me, or just me in the case of the quartermaster. See a nice suit of Turian armour but not have a Garrius with you at the time.... annoying..

Weapon/armour mods...there has to be a less painful way of 'managing' them, that doesn't involve endless scrolling. Plus the ability to bulk sell items rather than one at a time...

I don't really understand why they couldn't have added in a few more hairstyles for the female NPCs either tbh. That and the 3 or so planet bases are the sorts of things that let it down a bit. Otherwise, good fun and fairly compelling.

anyone notice how there is a explicit sex scene towards the end of the game if you created a female character, and let kaiden live rather than ashley?

Uh, I'm sure about half of these guys torrented bought this game for the explicit lesbian alien sex scene if you're female and wanted to horizontal-folk-dance with Liara.

/EDIT Well, semi-explicit. Whatever.

Beat it. Glad I got to "romance" the alien chick. I thought I messed it up when my character said "Maybe when everythings all over."

Pretty awesome ending though. Kinda wish they wrapped things up more though, although I guess they may be planning on a sequel?

And yes, TimeKiller, you should spoiler tag that.

How the hell are they going to extend it two more games?

im not talking about the lesbian one btw, its a completely different one

Gee, thanks for the spoiler, asshole.

Spoiler my ass, the entire internet community was up in arms about

explicit alien lesbian sex.

/EDIT OH YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE SADISTIC CHOICE MY MISTAKE

I think the achievements are broken. When getting 150 kills with assault rifles, all characters accuracy with the rifle drops to 1 (If you start a new game mind you), including characters who are trained in its use

Finished, awesome game.

Still have to explore the Romance part.

I done it. Our report system's stupid and broken right now so it's hard to see that shit.

I honestly saw the sadistic choice coming from off-planet. Or as soon as I had to decide who to send away, anyway...

W00t Finished!!! (at last).

Have to say that was pretty ****ing epic. One thing I'm curious about is the option to play through the game again at the level you already are, and with all the gear you already have, any actual point to in doing that?

W00t Finished!!! (at last).

Have to say that was pretty ****ing epic. One thing I'm curious about is the option to play through the game again at the level you already are, and with all the gear you already have, any actual point to in doing that?

It's pretty much the only way to get to 60. If I recall, if you start over in the late 40's up to 50, it should take you near an entire play through to get to 60.

im thinking of starting up a new character as a uh... whats the biotic and tech mixed one called?

I got mine to 49 :( Just missed.

likewise. I missed out on a couple of quests.

I'm playing through it again with the same character, but this time I'm playing no holds hard ball renegade. I'm also going to try sleeping with the Xenophobe this time :rolleyes:

Back