Massachusetts to decriminalise Pot

They're coming.... *tries to shut door before debaters get through* *fails*

I am more understanding of the governments' ways in dealing with this kind of stuff. I used to be all "**** drugs and alcohol" but now I'm the same but with the perspective that all the government wants is a cut of it. I mean if MJ is illegal, why not cigarettes? It's not as powerful but its still a harmful drug.

My parents voted against this but I didn't. I never smoked pot once and I hate it mainly cause it makes you all tired and the people who smoke it, smoke it a lot. It's like they are depressed or something. That's my experience IMO. I voted for it because cops got bigger things. You could make a GTA game out of MA. We got hookers and all kinds of crazy shit in Lawrence. Then you got all the crack heads in Lowell with the ethnic gang rivalries there (right next to my town).

Now Lowell is bringing all their crap to my town because they are expanding. We need to stop the cops from chasing around kids with some pot and go after these rapists, etc. Plus the bill sounded like it would take a more serious approach to it if you had more than an ounce. If you got more than an ounce, your probably selling it or going to a party (with other druggies). Everybody goes "ohhh it's so historic with the best sports teams there!".

What I see is taxes, horrible people, bad drivers, crappy weather, terrible roads, and no jobs. We get terms such as Taxachussets and NH residents call us Massholes. There were 2 other bills that I voted for. One was to ban dog racing by 2012 and another was to cut the crazy 2.67% Income Tax. NH hates taxes and don't have one, why should we? Maybe it's because Deval Patrick wants to buy another car. :rolleyes: Plus it seems like all emigrants like to come to MA, but mainly Lowell. I'm hitting on the Cambodians here (not targeting a certain majority) but they see America much better than Cambodia so they come here to stay with their family. Meanwhile they are almost like Scarface. I got a guy at my job who is wanted by Emigration cops for months now and he is wanted for "assault with a deadly weapon". They gave up finding him but idk how my company can still employ him. For a better representation of Lowell, please see this movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3qjRUjsdZs&feature=related

I also approve of this Encyclopedia Dramatica site: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Massachusetts

Lowell

In the heart of the Merrimack Valley, Lowell is best known for its quality needle drugs and beautiful naturally occurring broken glass fields. Lowell's historic hypodermic needle mills attract over seven million tourists every year, providing an important boost to the local economy and allowing city officials to put tax dollars back in city residents' pockets which they promptly spend on heroin. There is also an infamous hooker hangout called Appleton Street, where they charge as little as 50 cents for head.

Good luck with the retarded consequence of this decision: you can use marijuana, but not grow it. It's the same way here, licensed coffeeshops are allowed to sell it, but there is actually no legal way for them to obtain it, buying it from shady dealers to full-blown organized criminals. It's utterly and completely retarded.

Fresh shrooms are to be banned here by the 1st of December, dried shrooms are already banned. Hell, it will even be illegal to pick them in the forest! Thanks a lot, right-wing, conservative, Christian fuckwads that we call the government. And why? Because a handful (not even that, I think there were two) tourists died using them, always under the influence of alcohol or with preexisting mental conditions, so they were deemed a hazard for public health. As opposed to alcohol and cigarettes..

In California, weed isn't exactly legal, but you wouldn't be able to tell by the way things work. Cops don't really care anymore, they got bigger things to take care of. Kids buy it, parents buy it, everyone buys it, seriously. There is always one person in a group of friends who sells it too. Just legalize it already, ****!

Good luck with the retarded consequence of this decision: you can use marijuana, but not grow it. It's the same way here, licensed coffeeshops are allowed to sell it, but there is actually no legal way for them to obtain it, buying it from shady dealers to full-blown organized criminals. It's utterly and completely retarded.

Fresh shrooms are to be banned here by the 1st of December, dried shrooms are already banned. Hell, it will even be illegal to pick them in the forest! Thanks a lot, right-wing, conservative, Christian fuckwads that we call the government. And why? Because a handful (not even that, I think there were two) tourists died using them, always under the influence of alcohol or with preexisting mental conditions, so they were deemed a hazard for public health. As opposed to alcohol and cigarettes..
That's the irony of it all. Alcohol is thousands of times more dangerous than marijuana or mushrooms. Whoever has the most powerful lobbyists wins...

agreed^, but I doubt it will be legalized anytime soon.

as long as weed is the only thing that gets legalized it' a good thing imo.

That's the irony of it all. Alcohol is thousands of times more dangerous than marijuana or mushrooms. Whoever has the most powerful lobbyists wins...

lawl, shrooms are WAY more potent than alcohol.

Anyway, I voted for this, and I'm satisfied with the outcome. Even though I quit smoking, this will certainly make many peoples' lives MUCH easier, as well as save money for the state.

Also, @ hool: what the HELL are you talking about? hahaha

lawl, shrooms are WAY more potent than alcohol.

Anyway, I voted for this, and I'm satisfied with the outcome. Even though I quit smoking, this will certainly make many peoples' lives MUCH easier, as well as save money for the state.

Also, @ hool: what the HELL are you talking about? hahaha
I'm not talking about potency, I'm talking about danger. Alcohol kills, injures, and addicts magnitudes more people than weed or shrooms could ever dream of.

I giggled at the Dutch people in this thread whining about THEIR conservative government. You guys really have no idea :p

Also yadda yadda weed should be legal blah blah blah alcohol is deadly etc etc.

I giggled at the Dutch people in this thread whining about THEIR conservative government. You guys really have no idea :p

Also yadda yadda weed should be legal blah blah blah alcohol is deadly etc etc.

Trust me, our current government has every wish to turn around our tolerant policies. Completely blind to reason and facts.

Hell, at least America is moving in the right direction: conservative to slightly less conservative. We may be still more liberal but the direction we're going is the opposite: from liberal to less liberal.

I'm not talking about potency, I'm talking about danger. Alcohol kills, injures, and addicts magnitudes more people than weed or shrooms could ever dream of.

That's because the number of people that consume psilocybes is infinitesimally smaller than that of drinkers. As someone who's tried both a good number of times, I can tell you with great confidence that mushrooms are FAR more intense and dangerous if not treated very carefully.That said, they're f*ckin' awesome! :E

However, please please PLEASE don't turn this into a drug thread though... well, at least, not more than it already is haha.

Shrooms can be more intense on your psychological state.

People who do shrooms are not likely to plan on driving a car any time soon, have no real risk of overdosing on the substance, and at worst will probably only result in a bad trip. Fatal trips involving some dude leaping off his balcony or walking into traffic - the latter being an act of idiocy more than anything - are rare, though sensationalized.

Marijuana Policy Project ftw...

living in Mass ftw as well

That's because the number of people that consume psilocybes is infinitesimally smaller than that of drinkers. As someone who's tried both a good number of times, I can tell you with great confidence that mushrooms are FAR more intense and dangerous if not treated very carefully.That said, they're f*ckin' awesome! :E

However, please please PLEASE don't turn this into a drug thread though... well, at least, not more than it already is haha.
I've done both my share of times as well, and I agree that shrooms may be more intense, but I don't think that makes them more dangerous.

Shrooms can be more intense on your psychological state.

People who do shrooms are not likely to plan on driving a car any time soon, have no real risk of overdosing on the substance, and at worst will probably only result in a bad trip. Fatal trips involving some dude leaping off his balcony or walking into traffic - the latter being an act of idiocy more than anything - are rare, though sensationalized.
This was my point, the nature of shrooms makes them something people do occasionally, not habitually like alcohol. The overall negative impact of alcohol on society is much greater than that of shrooms, and I think it would remain that way even if shrooms were legalized.

I am more understanding of the governments' ways in dealing with this kind of stuff. I used to be all "**** drugs and alcohol" but now I'm the same but with the perspective that all the government wants is a cut of it. I mean if MJ is illegal, why not cigarettes? It's not as powerful but its still a harmful drug.

Alcohol is worse, imo, and that's fine to buy. I can think clearly if I want when I'm high, when I'm drunk (which is rare, as I hate alcohol/being drunk), I can't do shit.

Alcohol is worse, imo, and that's fine to buy. I can think clearly if I want when I'm high, when I'm drunk (which is rare, as I hate alcohol/being drunk), I can't do shit.

if you're thinking clearly you aren't smoking nearly enough

I find that although my normal thought process is a little off, i notice things I never seem to notice when im sober.

This was my point, the nature of shrooms makes them something people do occasionally, not habitually like alcohol. The overall negative impact of alcohol on society is much greater than that of shrooms, and I think it would remain that way even if shrooms were legalized.

They were legal here, and there were no problems from them besides the occasional tourists, who were only a problem because of their government's strict drug policy, making them more likely to be irresponsible.

About their deaths, I quote Bill Hicks:
"Quit ruining it for everybody. He's a moron, he's dead, good! We lost a moron, fucking celebrate!"

The sad thing is, I still want to use shrooms some day, their illegality changes absolutely nothing about that. All it does is make it more likely that I or someone else gets poor education on them, funds organized crime by buying them or gets a bad or poisonous mushroom.

if you're thinking clearly you aren't smoking nearly enough

I find that although my normal thought process is a little off, i notice things I never seem to notice when im sober.

I didn't realize we were talking extremes.. Extremes of either makes you unable to do anything.. ****, when I'm high I can't even hold a single thought for 5 seconds (and I wouldn't even try to remember what I WAS thinking of, I forget stuff almost instantly...).

But yea, I also notice alot more things when I'm sober.

You could make a GTA game out of MA. We got hookers and all kinds of crazy shit in Lawrence. Then you got all the crack heads in Lowell with the ethnic gang rivalries there (right next to my town).

Now Lowell is bringing all their crap to my town because they are expanding. We need to stop the cops from chasing around kids with some pot and go after these rapists, etc. Plus the bill sounded like it would take a more serious approach to it if you had more than an ounce. If you got more than an ounce, your probably selling it or going to a party (with other druggies). Everybody goes "ohhh it's so historic with the best sports teams there!".

Lowell has gotten pretty ****ing scary the last few years. I don't even recognise it as the town I grew up in.

Well at least you can probably make some good music whilst baked amirite.

Whereas Rakurai can just pretend to shoot random pedestrians with an unloaded air rifle while driving around in his Honda Accord, which is slightly lowered and has those stickers that look like bullet holes.
Just kiddin', he wouldn't pretend, he's so ruthless.

Also I'm not really sure of the intelligence of this decision, but we'll see, I guess.

i think we should all tell vegeta when we are high...

i am high vegeta

I'm high presently and about 70% of the time I post here. So what?

Deciding whether to get baked or not.. When my friends get here we'll see !

Back