MaxiKana's Photographs

Maxi

Tank
Reaction score
In a strive to try to rival Fenders' photos I had to make my own thread :p
The first pics are taken with my old Fuji S5000 and the last few pics with my new Canon EOS 350D. I'm still a noob at taking pictures so don't critisize me too hard :p

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

p.s. If someone could move it to the showcase forum I'd be greatfull.

mel c? wtf?
nice pics.
btw im interested in photography, for my b/day i plan on asking for a digital camera, can you recommend one?:)

your one i suppose:eek:

Yes! :D

But don't get Fuji, their cameras compress their JPEGs heavily :( or HP.

Get Canon, if you don't want to spend lots of money go for the Ixus series.

MaxiKana said:
Yes! :D

But don't get Fuji, their cameras compress their JPEGs heavily :( or HP.

Get Canon, if you don't want to spend lots of money go for the Ixus series.
canon, ok, i'll have a look, any good internet sites/forums for beginners?

chick w/ tattoos iz hawt omg lol

But seriously, those are some pretty awesome pictures there man. :D

Piccys

The 1st Picture Of The Dog Is So Funny! :LOL:

And Nice Picture Of The Snail! :thumbs:

I like your dog. That snail, the last one is really professional 10/10 on that one ;D
Have you met Mel C, she has yellow teeth just like me :D

Garfield_ said:
I like your dog. That snail, the last one is really professional 10/10 on that one ;D
Have you met Mel C, she has yellow teeth just like me :D
Must be all that Girl power.

Nice pics! Was wondering where I saw that girl before...
Loving the dog ones, hillarious! I bet you wanted to give it that little push off the rock ;)

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

Yep, that's Mel C. I was backstage at a concert she was at when I took that, sadly with my older camera :(. But what was fun was I yeller her name and she liked posed for me for a few pictures ;) and just for me.

JellyWorld Yes that's a Taxi in Stockholm, Sweden. Most Taxis in Finland are either Mercedes, Volvos, BMWs or vans :p

Time to learn my new camera!

Wow, all very excellent pictures. The 5th one is my favorite, and yeah, that chick is hawt o_O

Is it mandatory to take a close up picture of a watch?

I am getting a camera soon but I don't have a watch.

No fair!! You've got a better camera!!!! Honestly though, I can see you do have the eye for photography. A lot of my photos have just been snapshots lately, nothing really frame worthy. The colors in those pics are just awesome.
How many MP is that thing?

Fender357 said:
No fair!! You've got a better camera!!!! Honestly though, I can see you do have the eye for photography. A lot of my photos have just been snapshots lately, nothing really frame worthy. The colors in those pics are just awesome.
How many MP is that thing?

Ooo a reply from the master :p Thanks for the compliments :)

Yeah, my camera is a bit better, but I have to buy lenses :(
It's 8mp, has the same processor as the 1Ds Mk II ;) and some other stuff.
They are all heavily post processed and all except the last two were taken with my older camera, the Fuji. It's only 3.1 MP.
But you should remember that those pics are mostly from last summer :p not all in one weekend.

More pictures that I took today, all taken with my eos 350D:

mini-IMG_1687.JPG

mini-IMG_1691.JPG

mini-IMG_1705.JPG

mini-IMG_1712.JPG

mini-IMG_1741.JPG

mini-IMG_1742.JPG

mini-IMG_1747.JPG

mini-IMG_1753.JPG

mini-IMG_1766.JPG

mini-IMG_1772.JPG

mini-IMG_1805.JPG

mini-IMG_1830.JPG

mini-IMG_1832.JPG

mini-IMG_1845.JPG

no idea why but my fave pic there was the elevator button. I just don't know why, maybe I'm a sucker for flashy lights and blurring :)

Actually it's not an elevator button. It's a button that open the doors to the "garage" where the buss waits, at the newly opened buss terminal at Kamppi, Helsinki.

Very nice. Polarising filters pwn j00. It's a shame the silhouette of the trees isn't absolute, but it's still a fantastic picture; much post-processing?

You've really taken advantage of the shape of the bank there, great composition.

Wow, I must take better pictures while drunk :p That was at 2 am after twelve beers o_O.

Anyway. Was taken without filters :p Don't have any... yet...

And you've guessed it, It's post processed. The colors aren't that good in the original, and the original isn't that dark.

27mm f13 6s. ISO 200

MaxiKana said:
Wow, I must take better pictures while drunk :p That was at 2 am after twelve beers o_O.

Anyway. Was taken without filters :p Don't have any... yet...

And you've guessed it, It's post processed. The colors aren't that good in the original, and the original isn't that dark.

27mm f13 6s. ISO 200

Haha, my bad, didn't realise it was morninglight :LOL:

I want a high-megapixel camera too :( Lousy Canon A510... Oh well, it gets the job done, hey Maxi, if you ever go visit Stockholm again, do say, I actually live like 10 mins from where that taxi pic was taken.. Next time I'll rob you, uh I mean say Hi.

Nice photos. Digital camera or old-school camera? (When i say old school i mean like those 30 year old 50mm Olympus ones, they rock)

It's a nice concept, and the colours are excellent, but it doesn't sit well in the frame. The horizon level is fine, but the sun is just offcentre- considering you went to the trouble of framing the photo, I'd say it's intentional, but correct me if I'm wrong- and this puts the image off balance, as your eye is constantly comparing both right and left sides. Centering the sun or using a more traditional 3rds displacement would probably be more satisfying.

It's still beautiful though, keep 'em coming :)

MaxiKana said:
even more.

IMG_2768low.jpg
Awesome.

Wish the moon was bigger though. Or just not there. Because right now it looks like an artifact or a smudge on the photo until you look closer.

I know nothing about cameras, but i was thinking about something in pictures (drawing, painting, pictures, ect.) as a hobby, I like the fact that with pictures, you can take a picture of something really boring and when the picture is made it looks awesome, I mean like the elevator button, something totally boring in real life but in a picture it looks visually stunning, keep up the good werk!

Oh, I am getting a PSP with the camera attachment, and i was wondering (if you knew) is it a good camera? For taking pictures like yours?

jimbo118 said:
mel c? wtf?
nice pics.
btw im interested in photography, for my b/day i plan on asking for a digital camera, can you recommend one?:)

your one i suppose:eek:
I have a sony V1, i would recommend the W5 or the V3, both are awesome cameras. My v1 takes good shots.

Oh and nice choice on the new cannon maxi, my bro has a Nikon D70. I've got to say there nice cameras.

Nice. Wish i had could try mucking around with a decent digital camera sometime.

Mopar33l said:
I have a sony V1, i would recommend the W5 or the V3, both are awesome cameras. My v1 takes good shots.

Oh and nice choice on the new cannon maxi, my bro has a Nikon D70. I've got to say there nice cameras.
yeah i looked around in the shops recently but it was all a bit 'wtf?' when considering what to get tbh, they guys in the shop werent too much help either.

Back