Minecraft = Love

Holy crap Hazar, you built in a few days more than I have built in my 3 months of owning this game.

How did you get a picture of the world map?

Hazar: What skin pack is that?

I found the skin here but the site seems to be down right now.

Holy crap Hazar, you built in a few days more than I have built in my 3 months of owning this game.

haha, well, we were playing quite a lot on those days though.

I come back from mining and I find Scruffy Puppy in my house and my diamond and iron is gone. Who is Scruffy Puppy?

Supposedly the white list doesn't work anymore after Notch's server crash, so it could be anyone I guess.

Who has the ability to kick or ban? :|
I'm not a happy miner right now.

I come back from mining and I find Scruffy Puppy in my house and my diamond and iron is gone. Who is Scruffy Puppy?

Apparently that is wooz who plays TTT with us occasionally.

And the whitelist still seems to be working, and blocking people.

If anybody unknown is on the server, they were either added by Sliver or Ennui.

I am not adding any RL friends(have none, haha) or non hl2.net people.

Well take him the **** off. No one burns down the giant tree.

On a lighter note, odd bug (fixed itself after a minute):
holesu.jpg

Who cut down all my trees and didn't replant ANY of them?.. and they took my sign as well.

So morgs and I built a giant tree, nearly to the skybox, with branches and a lookout and everything. I'd just finished up and was waiting for sun up so I could take a screenshot of it in case anything happened.

Then wooz burnt it.

Get ****ed, wooz.

Lag is suddenly unbelievable. Can't place blocks without having them disappearing again, same with trying to destroy them. This is a bad day for the server.

So morgs and I built a giant tree, nearly to the skybox, with branches and a lookout and everything. I'd just finished up and was waiting for sun up so I could take a screenshot of it in case anything happened.

Then wooz burnt it.

Get ****ed, wooz.

Wooz has been removed.

I am sorry for what happened Bad^Hat. Please do not let this dissuade you from continuing to play and build.

I stopped all the fires on your tower. Obviously a lot was destroyed. You may just need to completely demolish it, I don't know.

I did however leave a chest near your tower with all of my wood I've gathered. Raw wood. Can be used for planks or just constructing trees how you want it.

Anyway, I hope you rebuild.

Admins, know that you are 100% responsible for any HL2.netters that you bring into the game, friends or otherwise. HL2.netters are responsible for themselves.

RESPECT PEOPLES SHIT. PLEASE.

It makes the server more enjoyable for everybody.

****, what a stressful start to the day.

Supposedly the white list doesn't work anymore after Notch's server crash, so it could be anyone I guess.

I downloaded the game after the crash and couldn't get on the server until I got added to the whitelist.

Then wooz burnt it.

Get ****ed, wooz.

I'm sorry for what happened to your beautiful tree. I have to admit the view was quite spectacular, though.

burningtree.jpg

Meh, sucks about that wooz dude.

God damn it I hate all of you. I don't build much at all. I just love the spelunking. I have no cool buildings other than my house with a glass roof and iron doors and my tower with the lava waterfall.

The spelunking is great. Made this video just now. And thanks to the game for starting the music just at the right moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53UC50XXYQQ

You're added now.

I'm off for the day.

The server went back in time. There go all the changes I made to my house. The giant tree is still burned down though.

Edit: It didn't actually go back. It just sent me back to where I was. Oops. Silly Rim-Fire.

The server went back in time. There go all the changes I made to my house. The giant tree is still burned down though.

Edit: It didn't actually go back. It just sent me back to where I was. Oops. Silly Rim-Fire.

That's the single biggest frustration I have. The personal time warps... inventory rollbacks.

Annoying as shit.

I am sorry for what happened Bad^Hat. Please do not let this dissuade you from continuing to play and build.
Don't sweat it. I'm kind of annoyed, but I'll just take a break and try again later. A bit paranoid about using wood for anything now, though. :p

Edit: Oh, and thanks for cleaning it up and stuff, guys. I should have stuck around to help, in case it spread to anything else, but I was really too agitated at the time.

Well, at least she had decent send off.

/salute

Damn, imagine when Minecraft becomes a full game. A lot of people are obsessively playing it (me included) and it's only in Alpha.

Anyone want to share the IP for whatever server you guys are playing on?

When you were speaking of time warps I thought you meant going back in time like a few minutes, where actually it's just a few seconds. Still annoying as hell and if we weren't invincible in MP I would die shitloads from spawning into rocks I just dug out.

So I guess being immortal is good when it's lagging like now, but apart from that I was hoping SMP would have the same features as SSP, the only difference it being... well... multiplayer. So having to run away/kill mobs etc. And while it's nice to dig a huge ass hole and then spawn back in an instant, I like the need to dig/build/find out a way out of a cave you ventured into (also finding a way back when you're lost)

EDIT: IP is 69.166.171.88 (it's in Hokey's sig)

Yeah Ríomhaire just told me. I don't actually have one though. It's free right now, so I don't need a log in to play.

How are you not running into a ton of monsters? Whenever I even go near a dark cave, there's always at least one monster coming out of it.

Pure luck. The next time I went in there were three zombies and the arrow shooting monster.

Can't connect to the server right now. Says the connection timed out why I try.

If anyone is using the doku rpg texture pack, here's the terrain with better glass.

terraing.png

I really like doku. It's got a great Gameboy advance feel to it.

Just tried out the alpha(free weekend), and it is indeed pure LOVE apart from a few bugs. Definitely buying it when the site goes up again.

I prefer no enemies(like on the HL2.net server), games like this are best played when there is nothing you *have to* worry about.

Sorry about the server guys. Some shit happened while I was sleeping. It's up now. And wooz, that was dirty.

Hokey, since you are hosting the server I assume you've got the map saved somewhere on your PC? Can you tell us how big is it in Megabytes? I'm just curious. Thanks for hosting the server, BTW!

I wonder, would it be possible to import the map created by us into singleplayer? For example in the future, when we decide to make a new map, or switch hosts or whatever, it would be nice to be able to save our creation enabling everyone to visit it locally in singleplayer.

Last I checked, it was about 127mb, but it's grown so much more since then.

Alright, I just got on for about 30 seconds, and then I crashed. Damn.

Back