Minecraft = Love

Yeah, minecraft.net is down.

And I've only had an issue with a chest swallowing my stuff once. It just happened to swallow 4 diamonds :(

Any idea when it will be up?

Wow! poor you! I'm still using stone tools because of the oven issue... now that its fixed I can start pulling redstone and diamonds out of my mine.

Does anyone need redstone? I don't know how to use it and I would be willing to share it in return for some instructions and other raw materials.

I just got through and am downloading the update at a blistering 0.06kb/s. Notch really needs to spend some of his riches on getting some servers to handle the load at update time.

Yeah raz it's just Ennui :)

Looks like the only things in this update are the furnace fix, sneaking (crouching), and the fishing rod, which appears to just be a placeholder at the moment with no functionality (like eggs).

Furnace fix is all I need baby.

And the sneaking is great too. Shame minecarts are still weird in SMP, but its no biggie.

Looking at his blog post, I was pretty excited to hear some details about the Biomes.

I just got through and am downloading the update at a blistering 0.06kb/s. Notch really needs to spend some of his riches on getting some servers to handle the load at update time.

Yeah raz it's just Ennui :)

Looks like the only things in this update are the furnace fix, sneaking (crouching), and the fishing rod, which appears to just be a placeholder at the moment with no functionality (like eggs).

Cool. Yeah mine is downloading at that rate too. Going to be playing ArmA 2 with Viper, Vegeta, Krynn and Sliver. Will be checking periodically to see if it's finished and try to get in and make those fixes.

I will also be giving admin abilities to a few people so they can hopefully help out with the whitelist thing, especially since I won't be here tomorrow or during the weekdays except evenings. The whitelist is the only real responsibility we need for admins anyway, since we trust everybody we have in the server.

only feature I've noticed so far is the grey screen I see whenever I try to play

Yup, something went wrong with the server. Check Notch's blog.

I had to downloaded the old version from a torrent, so I don't have to deal with the grey screen of death in the latest version (or login issues). pirates save the day again!

Its says I'm no on the Whitelist. in game its Lord_Raken (with capitals)

Edit: Nevermind I'm in

edit 2: great! now I'm getting a fatal error message when I try to start up minecraft.

Just in case people did read his latest update:

Anyone who was on the fence about Minecraft can now PLAY THE FULL VERSION FOR FREE. At least until the problem is fixed.

If you get that fatal error, delete your minecraft executable and redownload it from the site.

Worked for me.

I'm in game. gonna do teh whitelist shit.

I added BumBum
I added Nil1
I readded Ennui and BadHat

Please log in and tell me if it works.

So im thinking I'll buy it. What version or whatever did you guys get?

I think minecraft is free right now. Just go to the website www.minecraft.net and download the exe.

I dropped in today for the first time to see what everyone was building and stuff.

mc69.jpg

And from my own single player map.

"NO RAZ, DONT JUMP!!!"
mc67.jpg

He jumped anyways, but only when I got close to him. You can't really tell, but he's falling in this capture, about a second away from death.
mc68.jpg

Yeah Im trying it out right now. I got lots of dirt and some planks. Don't really know what to do.

You can drop the dirt unless you wanna build a dirt house. Just go punch the hell out of trees until you have a nice amount of wood. Around 30 or 40 would be good. You can however many you want, though. Then you put the wood in your crafting square. It's 2x2. Make planks from the wood. Then you need to build a crafting bench with that wood. Do that by putting 4 planks in your 2x2. The crafting bench will give you a 3x3 workspace. Use that to make tools and weapons. You can check out the minecraft wiki for tips on how to craft that stuff.

I trying to build some cactus related wepon right now. I gotta say it's a pretty nice game.

My minecraft doesnt work at all now. I downloaded the latest one but after i log in it just goes black. Where is the folder it is installed in so i can delete everything?

EDIT: found it, now it works. Its C:\Users\youraccount\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft if anyone has the same problem.

Great Ennui. Glad to hear it.

Bad^Hat... tell me your name again.

You said BadHat before... but was the case correct?

Just in case people did read his latest update:

Anyone who was on the fence about Minecraft can now PLAY THE FULL VERSION FOR FREE. At least until the problem is fixed.

Wow, perfect timing, I just decided to buy the game today but have to wait a few days before my PayPal account receives money. Registered yesterday. And now I can play immediately!

Could someone add my name to the server's whitelist? Unfocused.

**** this! I just started smelting stuff, had lots of steel pr whatever and tons of coal and shit. So I mined away with my new steel pikeaxe, and suddenly I fall into a pitch black cave, and get some torches up, Im surounded by spiders. **** YOU mine craft. I didn't wamt those resources I just spent almost an hour on collecting anyway!

Idea for the underwater city: When ever you get to the approximate depth you want (or run into a flat space you build a MASSIVE mostly glass tower/atrium that spirals all the way to the surface. From there more tunnels could spoke off and the tower could act as a hub.

LOL this is hilarious, the server is timetraveling. It crashes and then its 20 minutes earlier, then it does it again and its back to present. Its like Lost rofl

LOL this is hilarious, the server is timetraveling. It crashes and then its 20 minutes earlier, then it does it again and its back to present. Its like Lost rofl

You losing shit?

I'm not crashing at all.

If you're crashing, try turning view distance down. One lower than maximum should work.

Alright, tried that and it seems to be ok for now. That was sure a trippy session.

This... ****ing... game.

I know SMP has issues, but this is just frustrating.

I had the time warp too like ravioli mentioned. Mine went back about 40 minutes to an hour. I was out chopping tons and tons of wood. probably had 6 blocks of 64 wood pieces(not planks). that's a boat load of wood.

So yeah. I crash. I spawn back at my home. Realize my inventory is what it was when I first logged on today.

Then I go put my diamonds BACK into my chest again(duplicates now by the way), and my diamond just all disappears. Chest ate it.

So I decided to check out a little bit of Minecraft after I realised it's free.

2 hours later... it's 4 am, time to go to sleep.

Wanted to take a brief look at the hl2.net server, but -

Hmm, it says I'm not on whitelist...

Perhaps you put me in as Unfocussed, instead of Unfocused? Or just some bug...

Could you try to readd me please?

I don't think I had you to begin with. Couldn't find your name.

Gonna add you now. Whitelist is case sensitive. make sure you provide name exactly as is, case sensitive.

Also guys. We seem to have found a possible solution for some of the more egregious lag. When people have been in the server for a long period, even if active, it seems to lag stuff up to hell.

So what we should do, is if you've been in the server for a while... maybe an hour or more... just periodically find a stopping spot, shut your client down... restart your client and join back into the server.

If everybody does this, it might keep things relatively clear. Obviously lag may remain, but not some of the craziest.

Raz, try waiting for it to happen again, it will take you forward in time again, but might teleport you to a random spot you were in earlier.

I always carry my most precious items in my own inventory. Stashes tend to go apeshit sometimes.

Any chance of getting added to the white list? I would like to check it out. =) My name is Flobster in Minecraft.

Any chance of getting added to the white list? I would like to check it out. =) My name is Flobster in Minecraft.

Sliver added you. Have you tried getting in? If you still cannot, just repost your name again, caps sensitive, and Ennui or Sliver will get you next time they're on.

Take some screenshots from your world guys! I'm curious to see what you've built

Anyways, just started playing a few days ago. So far, me and a friend have accomplished this:
(btw, sphere's are a bitch to make)
nOEPM.jpg

The pyramid is not just a pyramid either... it's a super wonder of the world!
J7DHM.jpg

Before I left, I laid the foundation for my tower on our server. It. Is. Big.

So big, I had to get a skyview of it.

mc70.jpg

God damn it I hate all of you. I don't build much at all. I just love the spelunking. I have no cool buildings other than my house with a glass roof and iron doors and my tower with the lava waterfall.

Back