Minecraft = Love

Hokey, due to your godlike internet speeds, would it be possible to host some kind of voip software on the same computer as the Minecraft? Such as Mumble?

I'm not even familiar with that stuff? Easy to use?

Oh, it's just a voice chat program.

I'll see.

The java thing shut down by itself earlier for no reason. That only lasted around two seconds though.

Underwater city has begun construction!!! So far we managed to build a small tunnel with gold plated floors, looking good. If anyone got spare gold/diamond please donate. Later on when it gets deeper and more complex, everyone can make their own rooms etc. We will also put up signs with famous quotes from members.

Oh Dude.. Ravioli. I finally found your area down there. Didn't know whos it was. It was a massive sprawling cave system, until I found out someone had been in there. There was still lots of iron and coal and stuff, so I've been mining. No problem if I keep mining it out?

Your sign says you got everything, but clearly there's still some stuff around.

And man... I hope you didn't know about that dungeon, because I completely ****ed it up. Tried stealing the spawner, but it didn't give me it when I broke it. So it's no longer there(zombie spawner). I also ripped up all the mossy cobblestone so we can use it.

wow, your cave connected to the one i was in? jesus thats huge. Yeah its ok, grab everything you can get ;) My inventory got maxed out so i couldnt carry anymore.

wow, your cave connected to the one i was in? jesus thats huge. Yeah its ok, grab everything you can get ;) My inventory got maxed out so i couldnt carry anymore.

Yeah there's still quite a lot of coal and iron in there in various places. I ran out of pickaxes.

Server down for an hour. Had to do this to take it off the public listing. Don't want to risk having people's creations being destroyed by random players. Items looted, etc.

Yeah there's still quite a lot of coal and iron in there in various places. I ran out of pickaxes.

Real miners bring a stack of logs to make more stone pick axes. ;)

1 stack of logs = 256 pick axes.... i think

I'm Lord_Raken and right now I'm rocking the default skin (if anyone has a place where I can find awesome skins, please let me know)

I'm also on mac so I need the IP.

Edit: Can some one give me a brief rundown of joining and playing on the HL2 server? (how it differs from single player, tips, and what not to do... stuff like that)

Also, Can I bring stuff from my other maps?

Server was crashing like hell for me last night, no one else though, was getting some Java packet error or something. I managed to claim some land before quitting though.

Server up. IP: 69.166.171.88

Cool.

I wish Milly could figure out his connection problems :(

I just donated 192 coal to the underwater city chest.

There's like five people in the room. :/

The logs tell me people aren't able to get in though. Unless it's just one person hitting the connect button over and over. Raz actually had to switch some hardware, I believe, to get it to work properly.

keeps crashin....but still fun to play with people you know

*I* built the underwater tunnel, for the record. \o/

*I*, along with others, helped you and contributed quite a bit.

Also:
chucjeb.png

People... DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT leave tons of coal in the furnaces. you risk losing all that shit. I just saw two furnaces with like 55 coal in each of them. that's a lot of freaking coal. I just don't want donated coal(I just mined and donated 192 for example) and stuff to be put in like that and have it disappear.

You don't need that much coal to do a full 64 block of material. all you need is like 8-10(best to have 10 if you don't want it to all go out.

People... DO NOT. I repeat, DO NOT leave tons of coal in the furnaces. you risk losing all that shit. I just saw two furnaces with like 55 coal in each of them. that's a lot of freaking coal. I just don't want donated coal(I just mined and donated 192 for example) and stuff to be put in like that and have it disappear.

You don't need that much coal to do a full 64 block of material. all you need is like 8-10(best to have 10 if you don't want it to all go out.

From notch twitter today:
the furnace fix is coming today!

that made me chuckle. also tried to get into the game again, 3 mins later CRASH!

If any of you are having socket write error problems, when in game. Like you dig, and you sort of lag out, seeing people move and talk but you cannot talk... and then you get the error... then I have a solution for you.

This only works if you have the Atheros AR81 family ethernet adapter. I think it's an onboard one. It's onboard on my mobo. Anyway... it requires a driver update, which you can get from this link.

I used to crash constantly... but this solved my problem!

http://partner.atheros.com/Download.aspx?id=140

Oh and if that doesn't work entirely. Open up your adapter settings in Device Manager properties, go to advanced tab, and under Transmit Buffers, double it from 256 to 512.

Also i'm currently trying to find a whitelist admin program for Hokey to use on the server. If anybody has the time, try searching minecraft forums to find a whitelist administration wrapper for the server that hokey can use.

We need this whitelast. The last thing we want to have happen is someone come in and **** everything up. I know my place will be the first to be hit because it's pretty much all wood. The underwater tunnel would probably also be hit quick, if not first(easier to get to from spawn than mine).

Pretty much any video with Journey playing is entertaining.

I found out an interesting thing about the invisible/disappearing furnace stuff:
It usually only affects the person who put the items in. Other players will see the items in the furnace normally while the person actually using the damn thing sees it as empty.

So if two of you need to do some smelting then put down a crate and do the smelting for each other

* May not work 100% of the time.

I keep crashing after I'm in for a minute or two. Everything suddenly freezes and then goes black.

I get that on occasion for a couple of minutes at a time. As in, it will freeze, I will close and reconnect and then it will freeze again. It goes away on its own after a while.

I just found a zombie spawner (North) of the spawn in between the two REALLY tall peaks (there are a lot of mines in the area too). I marked it... but they aren't doing much since the server is set to peaceful or something like that.

I keep crashing after I'm in for a minute or two. Everything suddenly freezes and then goes black.

Reduce your view distance. Put it to one less than maximum view distance. 'F' key.

Is there a way to bet an areal map of the level? It could help with planning

I need minecraft names people.

Give me your names for minecraft.

I currently have:

Raziaar
themellish
ennui
Emporius
Vegeta897
WantedBob
sliver14
Shakermaker
alex911
riomhaire
Angra_Mania
Lord_Raken
Omnomnick
BadHat

This if for the whitelist people. If you don't provide your name, you won't be able to get in the server when the whitelist goes up.

Back