Minecraft = Love

What do you do with those massive houses. I hate building massive buildings in Minecraft, it feels way too empty, but now my place is so tiny compared to everyone's (and goddamn it Ravioli stop building towards me you're going to swallow my house). Part of the reason I built the tower. I was making no impact on the word with my house.

Edit: On the subject of stuff I don't like the look of. I don't like the glass/obsidian pathway going from the World Tree, but it's not that bad, but some people have built random one-square in diameter towers that have no purpose. Can I please knock those down?

Yeah, I don't find myself gravitating towards huge, daunting structures... I mean, except the tree I guess. Always impressive to see how much effort people go to to ruin the skyline, though. :p

(j/k <3)

Nice mansion Stardog, where's it at?

I did it myself, but tested the design in Sketchup first - http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=16221

Nice :thumbs:

Damn that's nice Stardog. I have a theory in Minecraft, glass makes any building look great.

It can definitely improve a building, but it won't save a bad design IMHO.

On the subject of stuff I don't like the look of. I don't like the glass/obsidian pathway going from the World Tree, but it's not that bad, but some people have built random one-square in diameter towers that have no purpose. Can I please knock those down?

I had one one-square tower over my construction site with a sethome on top so that I could have a good top-down view on the progress, but I reduced it to 3 blocks high in the sky, in the clouds, hopefully not too visible. Will remove them when I'm done.

Also, tried making an obsidian-glass building myself, but turned out it didn't look good at all. Bad move on my part, removing the obsidian blocks was something I could've thought of before - so much work.

I just completed a double pyramid, an inverse on top of a normal one...

Took ages, but totally worth it when the sun rose over it when it was finished.

Lets make a forrest of giant trees! They don't have to be as big but I think it would be awesome.

Also, I agree. There are sever REALLY ugly buildings (especially around the spawn) ruining the skyline. Anyway to get people to knock them down?

We should have a contest for best and worst buildings. Also, all these discussions in one place are a muddle. A minecraft section would be handy.

is the game still free?

also all thsoe buildings and stuff can be done whit the free version?

multiplayer too?

So I just joined the server, and after finding the compass box, I saw that something was on fire near spawn. Don't know what it was, and it looked like the fire wasn't spreading from the blocks they were on and it wasn't destroying anything while I watched, but hopefully this wasn't someone's place.

javaw2010-09-2611-58-26-56.jpg

Brainstorming categories for a contest:
  • Best castle
  • Most practical
  • Most fancy
  • Biggest eyesore
  • Best use of glass
  • Best use of water
  • Best use of nature
  • Most likely to survive a siege

my fortress would definitely win biggest eye sore. right now that is, i have yet to touch anything up on it but rather work on my steps and actual home

I'm in love with my underwater sea castle that I can't get in or out of :)

hey I joined the minecraft site

can I play in the hl2.net server?

Yeah, we just need to whitelist you so you can join. What's your name in Minecraft?

So I just joined the server, and after finding the compass box, I saw that something was on fire near spawn. Don't know what it was, and it looked like the fire wasn't spreading from the blocks they were on and it wasn't destroying anything while I watched, but hopefully this wasn't someone's place.
Shit, not again. Looks like the multi-tiered tree farm someone made north of spawn. Fire is weird at the moment, it spreads ferociously at first but then stops once it gets down to single blocks like that. They'll never stop burning until you destroy them either, makes it twice as annoying to clean up.

Seriously though, whoever that was (if anyone), be careful with fire. There's every chance it was just accidental, but it's really unforgiving as it is. Just one flame will consume anything in the area, sometimes it doesn't even have to be connected - I think I've even seen it spread through solid walls.

Oh um, I think sliver burned something of his last night, but I'm not sure if that was it.

in case people did not know this, I got a ventrilo server up for the minecraft players to make it easier to communicate while in game.

info: vent7.gameservers.com
port 4796
pw: ftw

DIAMOND PICKAXE **** YEAH! The cave system Krynn discovered is awesome.

I only registered,people told me I cant join your server :(

my username is RJMC can I join whit the free browser version?

I only registered,people told me I cant join your server :(

my username is RJMC can I join whit the free browser version?

The free version is minecraft classic. We are all in minecraft alpha. You're going to have to part with $13 to play with us.

yeah its the best $10 I ever spent. I think I put at least 100 hrs into this game all ready in its various modes

Hehe, I just used a Gordon Freeman skin and put a creeper head on it.

EDIT: I can't log in? wut

Finally finished the shell of my house.

*SNIP*

That's a gorgeous building man.

EDIT: Guys... that burning place is Slivers. He didn't like it, so he torched it. He just hasn't yet cleaned it up. If you want to clean it up because it is an eyesore, go right ahead.

We should have a contest for best and worst buildings. Also, all these discussions in one place are a muddle. A minecraft section would be handy.

Best sounds good... I dunno about worst. Seems pointless except to make people feel bad about their creations. But then again I'm too nice.

ARGH. Why does the server have to be down right now. WHY WHY WHY WHY. (well, not our server, but minecraft server)

It's just giving me a generic "error" when I try to log in.

I can't log in either, just gives a generic error :/

Oh well, i guess notch will get it back up soon enough.

hey can my friend get whitelisted? his minecraft name is: mrspoonylegs

hey can my friend get whitelisted? his minecraft name is: mrspoonylegs

He can be whitelisted. Just know that you're responsible for any of his negative actions. I personally don't like the idea of non HL2'ers joining.

I have this one cave that just keeps going and going! Its under the landmass north of the spawn. I've pulled near 400 coal from that bad boy.

Its looking a little tired though

Also: because we don't have any creepers we cant make TNT. Should that be put on the list of things we can spawn or should we just ask a admin?

He can be whitelisted. Just know that you're responsible for any of his negative actions. I personally don't like the idea of non HL2'ers joining.

alright. understood! I will take a responsibility of any actions for him then. I already told him the rules.

I have this one cave that just keeps going and going! Its under the landmass north of the spawn. I've pulled near 400 coal from that bad boy.

Its looking a little tired though

Also: because we don't have any creepers we cant make TNT. Should that be put on the list of things we can spawn or should we just ask a admin?

Nah we're not going to spawn TNT. Admins aren't going to spawn it for themselves either.

Ok, starting now, no one outside of Halflife2.net is going to be whitelisted. Doing this for the sake of the server. It's nothing personal.

I see. Well thats good. :D sadly spoony can't get on because his internet dc's then it forces him to restart to get his internet back. But! I just sent in a support ticket for help! So he shall be on when the next update comes.

Back