More screenshots

Munro

ValveTime Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cliffe has sent us another two new exclusive screenshots of the revamped CS: Source map de_prodigy. Csnation.net also have two other new screenshots of the map here. [br]

I absolutely love the new look of it. I haven't played cs 1.6 since the beta of CS:S started. Looks like it's gonna stay that way :E

Great job Cliffe.

Nice. But give us the map already :D. I thought there were more maps to come in the BIG December update. Is it going to be that way? We're only getting prodigy screenshots...?

looks like we'll be seeing tons of little kids hiding under those stairs.

The map looks fantastic, it looks so real... just amazing how they can make it so good looking.

This looks great, now all I have to do is pray that they do militia next!

I'm glad it seems as if they didn't bump map the crap out of everything. That always tends kills ones fps.

Meh, I for one don't like the run-down look of it all. Prodigy was supposed to be a facility on the cutting edge of technology with all the high tech gadgets, tech and gizmos.

My only beef with Munro's screenshots: In the original Prodigy, Bombsite A looked really important. Here, it's like bombing an archaic 60's lab with those computers back in the days of vacuum tubes...

Those stupid looking rails detract from the realism a bit. what are they? I certainly dont know any cart that could turn corners that tight on rails, kinda detracts from the scene bit =/ lovely looking stuff tho I spose

mini

while we're on the subject, can anyone explain why each of the maps done so far for cs:s, has a bunch of mini-scale buildings miles outside the playable boundaries of the map and nowhere within visible range?

Its weird, would be interested to know why.

xcession said:
while we're on the subject, can anyone explain why each of the maps done so far for cs:s, has a bunch of mini-scale buildings miles outside the playable boundaries of the map and nowhere within visible range?

Das ist die skyboxen

Carbon said:
Those stupid looking rails detract from the realism a bit. what are they? I certainly dont know any cart that could turn corners that tight on rails, kinda detracts from the scene bit =/ lovely looking stuff tho I spose

I'd suppose it's small trolly carts that can be pushed along the tracks and they would need turnable wheels to manoever those tight curves yes.

xcession said:

Because we are finally at the point graphic wise where they can add special effects like that without killing fps. It's simply a graphic effect, nothing more.

Javert said:
My only beef with Munro's screenshots: In the original Prodigy, Bombsite A looked really important. Here, it's like bombing an archaic 60's lab with those computers back in the days of vacuum tubes...

Maybe it still is important - a lot of mission critical stuff still runs on mainframes - they can still do their job, why replace them?

To my knowledge, courts is still using the stock checking program my mum wrote for them about 20 years ago :cool:

Back