my ultimate gamin system (ALIENWARE)

Sgt.Igneri said:
May I ask if you got this theory of a 2.4c beating out a 3200+ at tomshardware?
AnandTech has some benchmarks where a 2.4c beats the 3200+. Look at the Content Creation, Quake3, Jedi Knight 2, Media Encoding, 3Dsmax and Lightwave benchmarks. Actually, that's more then half of the benchmarks. :naughty:

And quite frankly, when it comes to CPU reviews, I find AnandTech very unbiased. Right now they have two articles up where they praise the Athlon64 3000+ and the Athlon XP2500+. However, there's no denying that the Athlon XP3200+ is expensive crap.

Jesus ****ing hell stop the tomshardware bashing already! they do NOT suck that much!

ok just orderd my ALIENWARE few days ago, here is the full spec :D :E :bounce: :|

Systems:
Aurora™ System
Case: Alienware Full-Tower Case with 480 Watt PSU - Space Black
Cable Management: Alienware Cable Management System

Video Cooling: AlienIce™ Video Cooling System - Fusion Red
Extra Mods: AlienEyes™ - Silver Head - Fusion Red
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP Processor 3200+
Motherboard: ASUS A7N8X Deluxe NVIDIA® nForce2™ SPP Motherboard DDR
Memory: 1GB Corsair XMS DDR SDRAM PC-3200 - 2x512MB
Video Card: ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT 256MB 8x AGP w/DVI & S-Video
Hard Drive: 160GB Seagate Barracuda Serial ATA 7200rpm w/ 8MB Cache - Quantity 1
Optical Drive One: Plextor Plexwriter Premium 52x32x52 CD-RW - Black
Optical Drive Two: Plextor PX-708A 8x DVD±R/W Drive - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 6.1
Network Card: NVIDIA® Integrated 100Mb Ethernet Modem: US Robotics 56K Voice Modem PCI
Floppy Drive & Additional Storage: 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - Black
Floppy Drive & Additional Storage: Alienware® USB 2.0 128MB Flash Drive
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional UK
Monitor: Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 19" 930SB BK - Space Black - Quantity 1
Speakers: Logitech® 5.1 Z-680 THX
Keyboard: (None)
Mouse: Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer USB 3.0 - Space Black
Headphones: (None)
MP3 Player: (None)
LAN Accessory Kit: (None)
Performance Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Productivity Software: (None)
Free T-Shirt: Free Alienware® T-Shirt - Black
Automated Support: AlienAutopsy: Automated Technical Support Request System
Warranty: 1-Year AlienCare Toll-Free 24/7 Phone Support

:|

I can't beleive how stupid these people are that buy an alienware, just to say they have one and to show off. You spent 2500 on that, I could buy a computer with monitor, speakers and all the accessories for that price. I would then come round to your place and you would say "hey, look at my new alienware, it has this CPU speed, this amount of RAM, this graphics card" and I would just say, "yeah, but here's the computer I got for the same price", and just tell you how it rips the ass out of your overpriced, under performing Alienware.
For the price you spent on that, you could have the BEST CPU on the market today, WITH water cooling!, the BEST memory on the market today, 4 of the fastest hard drives on the market today, in the fastest setup (RAID) and also, the very BEST motherboard on the market today. Add to that, a nice big plasma monitor, bigger than your 19" one, plus the BEST sound card on the market today.

IMO you are a complete idiot spending 2500 on that when you could have spent about 2000 on the one I listed.

Well, at least you can put "Alienware area 51 system" or whatever in your signature and try to get recognition...

Hey if u got the money,Why not?... Very nice system bro..Need to get mine be4 HL2 gets released..Christmas almost made me Broke..And im buying a 42" Sony Plasma for 3 thousand..SOoO much to buy Soo LiL Money ..hehe

Here is the system I bought for just over 2300:

- Asus SK8N Motherboard
- AMD Athlon 64 fx-51, Water cooled.
- 2048 MB Low latency OCZ registered DDR400 MHz PC3200 Platinum plated heatspreader.
- Hercules Radeon 9800XT 256 MB, water cooled using cool-matic ATI
- 4xWestern Digital Raptors 10,000RPM 8MB Cache, totalling 160GB+ (RAID config)
- 2xSony DRU-530A DVD+/-RW Internal (Black)
- Sony 52x CDRW/CDROM (Black)
- Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro PCI
- Thermaltake Xaser V1000DA 7 Case fan, all controlled using Hardcano.
- Thermaltake Xaser Purepower Silent 480W PSU (Fan controlled)
- Hercules Prophetview Pro DVI monitor

If I had a camera, I'd post an image, but it really just looks like any other PC on the outside, but it has a window where you can see the water tubes, which glow from the cathodes...

now THAT...is nice unreal. :thumbs:

diablo..... im guessing it wasnt your money you spent..... :sleep:

Pity Diablo. ;-)

I'm paying $1900 for this:

* Intel Pentium 4 2.6CGhz (OC to 3.2Ghz)
* ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
* Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000RPM
* Lite-On 48/24/48/16 CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive
* RaidMax Scorpio Mini-Tower w/420W Power Supply
* Asus P4P800-Deluxe Motherboard
* 1GB XMS Corsair TwinX PC3200 DDR
* Creative Audigy2 ZS
* Creative GigaWorks 7.1 Surround Sound System

I'm already 1/3 the way there (ordered video card, mobo, case, and cd-rom). Pretty darn good if I'm paying it for myself @ 15-16 years old designing websites.

Ah, I see Unreal, kick ass computer you have there! I AM GLAD YOU SAW THE LIGHT AND BOUGHT RAPTORS!

Unreal, where'd you buy your parts? After briefly glancing your config, NewEgg couldn't have been that cheap...

Let him be boys. Like someone said Im sure it was just his dads money.

That is one sic rig unreal!

Oh yeah, that is what my comp cost in pounds sterling.
And yeah, the raptor 10,000RPM hard drive is very very fast.

I just think that for the money that Diablo is spending on that Alienware, he could buy the very best of components. If I spend that money, I want the BEST...

That's what we're all trying to tell him... but some people would rather have something that looks cool and is overpriced (Alienwares, and even Macs) than something that is less expensive and more useful. I guess it's easier for me to resist Alienwares because I think they are ugly. In my opinion, there are tons of $50 cases that look much better.

BTW: Unreal, that's very close to what I would have bought now (except I wouldn't have spent as much money)... but I'm going to wait several months until the next wave of ATI cards and maybe some faster Athlon 64's (or Intel's processor if it puts them back on top).

Asus is going to build my pc once i have the moolah for it :p

/me whispers to Asus hey where u live? hopefully Canada.. :LOL:

Dr. Freeman said:
Asus is going to build my pc once i have the moolah for it :p

/me whispers to Asus hey where u live? hopefully Canada.. :LOL:

freeman, asus isnt goona build you shit, he was the first person i asked help from over aim, i said hey asus can i have ur aim, here is mine, i want to ask some questions and what not, hes like no you cant have it, just post shit here, i did and got in trouble,
****ing kidding me, that stingy person didnt even answer a question u think hes goona build u a pc, roflamo. he didnt help me but rabies did, and so did many other people i asked personal help from. trust me theres a reason why i ask certain people certain questions. plus i pushed igneri into helping me out with questions, i guess i had so many questions i posted here, but now i got a lot of answers so i dont have any more questions,

ohh ya, well good luck with your pc, hope it turns out as nice as mine will,

P.S. when you say "ohh look at my computer i bought for half the price" and u say 2.4c (3.2) lol u think the reader is a ****ing twat, hes paying for a 400 dollar cpu and u paying 140, lol 3.2 my balls, what u think, u paied for a 3.2? lol why do you tihnk his pc cost much more, cus he realy bought the shit that is 3.2 worth . like i said earlier, you people oc and say look i bought my shit for cheaper than yours, just keep in mind your just simplyfing the equtation, nothing more, nothing less.

hyenolie said:
freeman, asus isnt goona build you shit, he was the first person i asked help from over aim, i said hey asus can i have ur aim, here is mine, i want to ask some questions and what not, hes like no you cant have it, just post shit here, i did and got in trouble.

well.. i was kinda kidding.. i even used smilies to try and imply that.. but apparently it didn't work..

anyway, even if he were to help me, chances are, hes not in Canada.. (Toronto would have been more accurate area to be in but anyway :p ) so him helping build a comp for me is a pipe dream at best..

hes nice enough to answer some stuff here.. granted he doesn't answer everything, but then again, he never claimed to know everything either.. he answers to stuff he has knowledge about.. and thats all anyone can expect..

by far, Asus's posts are more informative than 90% of the stuff that gets posted around here.. i really appreciate that he takes time out of his life to answer some of the questions we have.. for that, i thank him :)

Ah I see, 2300 POUNDS. That's how much in USD? *goes and checks* $4073.30. Yah, that's more like it.

Unreal said:
I can't beleive how stupid these people are that buy an alienware, just to say they have one and to show off. You spent 2500 on that, I could buy a computer with monitor, speakers and all the accessories for that price. I would then come round to your place and you would say "hey, look at my new alienware, it has this CPU speed, this amount of RAM, this graphics card" and I would just say, "yeah, but here's the computer I got for the same price", and just tell you how it rips the ass out of your overpriced, under performing Alienware.
For the price you spent on that, you could have the BEST CPU on the market today, WITH water cooling!, the BEST memory on the market today, 4 of the fastest hard drives on the market today, in the fastest setup (RAID) and also, the very BEST motherboard on the market today. Add to that, a nice big plasma monitor, bigger than your 19" one, plus the BEST sound card on the market today.

IMO you are a complete idiot spending 2500 on that when you could have spent about 2000 on the one I listed.

Well, at least you can put "Alienware area 51 system" or whatever in your signature and try to get recognition...

so im stupid for buyin an alienware? well la-de-da. it wasnt my dads or mums money, it was mine. i was going to custom build a pc, i even made a thread on here not long ago, but now that i can afford an alienware i just went for it, i dont feel like ive been raped, im lookin forward to getting it, i didnt come on these boards to get flamed by the likes of you!
my alienware does come with everything(monitor,speakers,mouse ect) and in 2-3 years time, i prolly wont even have to upgrade.

|SwE|FishStick said:
i just say this..

What a terrible waste of money...

expensive YES, waste of money NO! im still gettin a very good computer, lets just forget about how much it ****in costs ffs, its still a great gamin machine that is gonna be able to play DOOM3 and HL2 very well!

2-3 years is the max youll get out of any computer before YOU feel its time to upgrade. In 3 years, that will be like the people that have 800mhz PIII's, 256mb RAM and a GF2 MX right now.

Sgt.Igneri said:
2-3 years is the max youll get out of any computer before YOU feel its time to upgrade. In 3 years, that will be like the people that have 800mhz PIII's, 256mb RAM and a GF2 MX right now.

funny thing is, ive had this 128mb ram, p4(1.4ghz) 10gb hdd, gforce 2 mx system, since sep 2001. :D lol

But you felt it was time to upgrade right? I didnt say that nothing will be playable or itll be useless, im saying come 2 years your going to want to upgrade again and still wish you hadnt spent $3000 for 2 years of use.

Sgt.Igneri said:
But you felt it was time to upgrade right? I didnt say that nothing will be playable or itll be useless, im saying come 2 years your going to want to upgrade again and still wish you hadnt spent $3000 for 2 years of use.

£2500 actually. in 2-3 years i dont think that alienware pc i got will be outdated at all, maybe 4-5 years.

-=[Diablo]=- said:
£2500 actually. in 2-3 years i dont think that alienware pc i got will be outdated at all, maybe 4-5 years.

£2500=$3100 USD. Just because its alienware doesnt make it last any longer.

So your saying you actually prefer to pay 200 pounds more than my PC that kicks the ass of your Alienware PC?

LOL!

Dude, I have 4 raptor HD's in RAID, a better motherboard+chipset, good bit faster CPU (the fastest ever released!) and a heavilly cooled system that's ready for extremely high overclockability...

You are a dumbass....

Thats like buying a 5 carat diamond when you can have a 6 carat diamond for the same price!

Unreal said:
So your saying you actually prefer to pay 200 pounds more than my PC that kicks the ass of your Alienware PC?

LOL!

Dude, I have 4 raptor HD's in RAID, a better motherboard+chipset, good bit faster CPU (the fastest ever released!) and a heavilly cooled system that's ready for extremely high overclockability...

You are a dumbass....

Thats like buying a 5 carat diamond when you can have a 6 carat diamond for the same price!

ah shut up moron.

I´ve got a custom-made PC from my good neighbor a year ago and guess what

Pentium IV 2.53
Radeon 9700 Pro
512 DDRRAM(333)
80 gig. 5000 rpm Seagate
CR SB audigy
24x DVD-rom (white)
48x CD-R (A-open)
Asus motherboard
3dmark03 gave it-4858

All for 1000€.And this was a year-ago when some of it was top-of-the-line.

Diablo, you asked us for advice on if you should buy it or not, we said no, and gave you great reasons why not. Then you don't take our advice, why did you even post the thread then?

lol, diablo, trust us, let me put it in terms u can understand,

you went a car dealer, 30,000 dollars, comes oil change time, you take it down to ur good friend mechanic, and a conversation starts, he asks how much u paid, you answer, then he laughs his head off, after a few more minutes of dialogue, your face turns red. you have learned of ur mistake.

dont worry man, its embaring but it happens to a lot of naieve(280,000,000) people, youll get over it. you just got cought up in their marketing, no problem, free country free dream right. you overpaied for that computer, thus making it a piece of shit, no matter how fast ur cpu is or how big ur fsb is, just admit it.

if you had gotten the parts yourself off of price grabber. and got a friend to assemble it, you would have saved about 400 in all shipping handle, building, blablabla blablabla. lets say u dont have good friend. its ok take it down to your local computer shop, pay the faggits $30/hr, and get it built, but make shure u request to stand over his head while he puts in the parts, so no flippy floppy goes on. either way u sitll would have saved a minimum of 250 dollars off tha computer man.

Unreal said:
I can't beleive how stupid these people are that buy an alienware,

Diablo said:
so im stupid for buyin an alienware? well la-de-da.

is it only me that finds this kind of thinking ****ing hilarious,

all red t-shirt people go to the store, johnny has a red shirt, therfore johnny goes to the store.

roflamo u kidding me how simple minded can you people be, am i the only one that goes to a credible university.

P.S. markting is like a girl shopping, can u make a girl stop spending a mans money? no ****ing way, its a disease, just like culture, and so is marketing, people buy it because they have no control over themselevs, u get a good god damned lawyer, he can probably win a case if u spend 100,000 at a store buying shit, saying that its a disease and u cant help it. youd probably end up getting compensated 3.5million after verdict. YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWW!!!!! AMERICAN DREAM AT ITS FINEST!!!!!!!!! National pass time, to sue people.

hyenolie said:
lol, diablo, trust us, let me put it in terms u can understand,

you went a car dealer, 30,000 dollars, comes oil change time, you take it down to ur good friend mechanic, and a conversation starts, he asks how much u paid, you answer, then he laughs his head off, after a few more minutes of dialogue, your face turns red. you have learned of ur mistake.

dont worry man, its embaring but it happens to a lot of naieve(280,000,000) people, youll get over it. you just got cought up in their marketing, no problem, free country free dream right. you overpaied for that computer, thus making it a piece of shit, no matter how fast ur cpu is or how big ur fsb is, just admit it.

if you had gotten the parts yourself off of price grabber. and got a friend to assemble it, you would have saved about 400 in all shipping handle, building, blablabla blablabla. lets say u dont have good friend. its ok take it down to your local computer shop, pay the faggits $30/hr, and get it built, but make shure u request to stand over his head while he puts in the parts, so no flippy floppy goes on. either way u sitll would have saved a minimum of 250 dollars off tha computer man.

thks, good advice, guess i did get over exited, but hey £250 isnt much.

dude im a poor college student, 250 anything is much lol.

thats like 400 dollars isnt it, **** thats almost enough money for 1 gig rambus the good kind, ur just 100 dollars short, but hey if u dont sweat it then its no prob man, i always buy exactly what i want. my heart wants it , i buy it. from $1.50 to $300 dollars, life is about having the most pleasent heart, if u have that then paying 40000000 dollars for a computer is not problem.

why do you think grandparents buy grandchildred a bunch of shit. because they are old, lived life, wise, and understanding, they dont care for the product or anything, they contempt with life. so they know that the child likes candy, and toys, and shit, and blablablablabla. so they buy everythign for him/her.

p.s. in no way i am saying that a material life is the only contempt life.

ya man, the very first time i bought a computer, i paid 1600 for a cyrix 300mghz, 128megs, 8gb harddrive. u bet ur dam ass i overpaid. but i didnt konw, so that mistake will never be made again.

dammit i clicked on post reply not edit. someone put this post in the top post. to save space.

p.s. is it me or did this thread become a flaming thread.

hyenolie said:
p.s. is it me or did this thread become a flaming thread.

i didnt intend this to become a flame war, it just one comment got me pissed, (someone calling me a dumbass,idiot,stupid) for buyin alienware. yea im sorry aswell i guess. :dork:

Getting out of hand with the flaming here... One more and you can kiss this thread bye.

You might want to remove the "i own j00 all" after your Alienware specs in your sig. You're just asking to be flamed.

... and the last time I checked £2500 was slightly more than $4400. That would make a difference of $1900 (around £1000) from what I could spend to build a top-of-the-line Athlon64 FX-51 system with liquid cooling, 1GB of dual-channel memory, 200GB of storage, a Radeon 9800XT, an Audigy 2 ZS, a nice THX certified sound system, a 19" monitor, a good optical mouse, a generic keyboard, a DVD -/+ R/RW, and a 16X DVD-ROM drive... and a more classy (but still cool looking) case.

I would not recommend Alienware to anyone that knows enough to build a computer (which is quite easy if you can be bothered to ask someone)... or knows someone that does.

To the person that said you get more excitement from opening a box: When you build your computer you get to open tons of boxes! I get a lot more satisfaction from using something that I built myself and saved money on than buying some overpriced, underperforming brand-name PC.

wow 1000 bucks for that, its not bad, its still a ripoff, cus u get no monitor, =P

/me pets 19in, i wub you, yes you i wub you a lot. your a good boy right, your goona run hl2 like a charm right, good boy,

Back