Neverwinter Nights 2 first impressions

Can some one upload the original nwn2main.exe to rapide share for me? I used a nocd exe because I wanted to use my DVD on my other computer for my bro and now I can't patch it. Help?

Buy another copy, install that on your bro's pc, et voila.

:rolleyes:

Indeed.. Just because you buy ONE copy of the game doesn't mean it's automatically okay for you to 'share' it with your family/friends.:)
So either do what's stated above, or let him play the game on your comp when you're not using it heh.

Just re-install it and keep your saves. Voila.

I picked it up lastnight. Oxford Street is really bad for conserving one's money.
Just about to install it.

No more chat about this game?
I'm near the beginning of Act 3. I've found it excellent, except for the bugs, the framerate, the camera and the lack of things to talk to companions about.

Cool. Be prepared for teething troubles. I've found the driving camera angled at third person with no lag on camera turning works well.

Also, what do you mean by lack of things to talk to companions about? I thought it was like KOTOR II where you could talk to them about their past and motivations and influence them one way or another?

Also, what do you mean by lack of things to talk to companions about? I thought it was like KOTOR II where you could talk to them about their past and motivations and influence them one way or another?

Yeah, it is, but in KOTOR there are always new topics to talk about with your companions. Not so much in KOTOR II, as they rushed it and cut huge swarthes of dialogue, but in the original for example, there was always something to discuss with Carth and you steadily learned more and more about him.
In NWN2, there's a load of stuff you can ask them when you first meet them (and those questions remain as dialogue options indefinitely), but not that much is added later on. Mostly situational things.

So has anyone tried it recently? I haven't touched the damn thing since all the save game problems I had. They patched it several time since then, and I was wondering what you guys thought.

So has anyone tried it recently? I haven't touched the damn thing since all the save game problems I had. They patched it several time since then, and I was wondering what you guys thought.

I've never had any savegame problems, and I've patched it as the patches have come out. I'm on 1.03 atm, I think 1.04 might be the latest. Try it and see.

I finished and haven't touched it since. I'm waiting for next patch and hopefully good online servers.

Yeah, it is, but in KOTOR there are always new topics to talk about with your companions. Not so much in KOTOR II, as they rushed it and cut huge swarthes of dialogue, but in the original for example, there was always something to discuss with Carth and you steadily learned more and more about him.
In NWN2, there's a load of stuff you can ask them when you first meet them (and those questions remain as dialogue options indefinitely), but not that much is added later on. Mostly situational things.

Well hey don't blame Obsidian, LucasArts made them release it early. I still consider it leaps beyond KOTOR I.

Well hey don't blame Obsidian, LucasArts made them release it early. I still consider it leaps beyond KOTOR I.

Really? I thought the original was a far superior game.
Most of the environments in KOTOR II aren't very interesting...and sometimes it gets bogged down in considerable tedium. I just find it hasn't got as much character as the original. Plus, I preferred the characters from the first game.
Keep an eye on the KOTOR2 restoration project though. I believe that's due for release soon.

I beat it the 5th day I had it and have not touched it since. I have been thinking about running through it again with a friend who just got his new computer so he can finally play it, but mostly I am just waiting for good user made content.

Man... I tried the game after patching it up. Started from beginning again(never gotten out of starting town without corrupt saves.

I am walking through town... the game sort of locks up about 5-10 minutes after I made a saved game. I restart my computer, load the saved game, and it's corrupted.

So I uninstalled it... and will soon be trying to reinstall it again. I wish I knew what was corrupting the saves!

For some reason, whenever I ask to buy something, the buy menu doesn't show up and I can't talk to any of my party members because right click doesn't seem to be working.

Back