New E32004 Bink

Gorgon said:
Is it the part where Gordon drive his car and all these Electric Balls start attacking ?

No I think its the one with the ant-lions jumping to the buggy and then with the crane.

Gorgon said:
Is it the part where Gordon drive his car and all these Electric Balls start attacking ?
No it's the part where he's in the buggy being attacked by ant lions and combine. At the end he gets in a crane and picks up the containers and drops it on some combine.

Chris_D said:
No it's the part where he's in the buggy being attacked by ant lions and combine. At the end he gets in a crane and picks up the containers and drops it on some combine.

How come it just showed up out of nowhere at this eurogamer.com site?

This is by far my favourite scene, I've been waiting for this for a long time now :D

Does anyone else find it kind of strange that these videos don't seem to be formally released? It's not like there's an announcement on half-life2.com or steampowered.com... they just sort of "show up." Somebody notices one on a random gaming site and nobody knows for sure how it got there.

SubKamran said:
Either Valve contacted them to give it to them or they contacted Valve for the exclusive.

I wonder if this bink will have an extra part like the Ravenholm bink.

SMT said:
Does anyone else find it kind of strange that these videos don't seem to be formally released? It's not like there's an announcement on half-life2.com or steampowered.com... they just sort of "show up." Somebody notices one on a random gaming site and nobody knows for sure how it got there.
Perhaps they bought the rights to the release of a few of the binks, as did some other magazines/sites.

Seems as though someone has finished as they're now seeding.

If it's someone from here can you please get some screenshots so I can put them on the front page? :)

SubKamran said:

It seems Eurogamer blagged an exclusive with Valve. No doubt the bink will be released to other sources soon enough. The site is bigger than you may think. It's been going for five years.

Anyway, an interesting little moment in that bink is towards the very end. I didn't notice this during the showing at E3, but it was possible to pick a combine soldier up with the crane due to his weapon being magnetic.

Imagine a number of combine soldiers being picked up and squashed using the crane at the same time... Positively evil.

Concept said:
It seems Eurogamer blagged an exclusive with Valve. No doubt the bink will be released to other sources soon enough. The site is bigger than you may think. It's been going for five years.

Anyway, an interesting little moment in that bink is towards the very end. I didn't notice this during the showing at E3, but it was possible to pick a combine soldier up with the crane due to his weapon being magnetic.

Imagine a number of combine soldiers being picked up and squashed using the crane at the same time... Positively evil.

The E3 2004 video faded out when Gordon dropped the big box thingy. So I guess it does continue like the Ravenholm BINK.

Concept said:
Chris_D.

Give me a minute. I'll get some screens.
figge is getting me some now, send some though, might aswell put a few up.

Concept said:
Oh yes. Oh yes. Download faster, dammit!

Concept said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

No mirrors yet.

Thanks for the pictures Concept, I've uploaded them now.

I also hate that damn BT. Mirrors, s'il vous plait.

Edit: Chris_D is NO HELP! :D

164.11mb

EDIT: Considering that someone else beat me, I may as well add something useful to this post.

I wonder if there's going to be another BINK released to another site later tonight. If it's an American site it would post it later.

Are you sure it's because the weapons are magnetic? It looked to me like he just dropped the magnet on the Combine head (which would hurt yes!).

Also, the shadow problem seems to be somewhat fixed. The boxes inside the big container casts shadows on the ground but soon after disappears (due to the height I presume). I haven't noticed that before. But the magnet still shows...

kool, i alwals love new vids for hl2!

off topic:the fastest speed i got on bt was around 200kb

Alec_85 said:
Are you sure it's because the weapons are magnetic? It looked to me like he just dropped the magnet on the Combine head (which would hurt yes!).

Also, the shadow problem seems to be somewhat fixed. The boxes inside the big container casts shadows on the ground but soon after disappears (due to the height I presume). I haven't noticed that before. But the magnet still shows...

Yeah, which is a good thing, otherwise you would see the shadows of the furniture of the room above you if the ceiling was an entity :p

Probably enemy troops and such too if that's the case. Another reason why they can't ignore this bug. It would be lethal to MP.

Edit: And this bug is still in CS:S ;(

The light is from the same spot (the sun in zenith) for both the magnet and the container therefore they should have the same "shade" of shadow.

Oh no, another time complaining about the shadows...

Please wait until Valve release a final trailer (after the gold announcement I think) or the game itself to see if was fixed or not. There is no reason to start another discussion about shadows right now.

ktimekiller said:
kool, i alwals love new vids for hl2!

off topic:the fastest speed i got on bt was around 200kb
I'm new to BT so I don't really know if this is correct, but my total speed is fluxing around 655 kB/s...does that seem right?

this game is so cool, the sad think is the shadow problem.

Sickmind said:
I'm new to BT so I don't really know if this is correct, but my total speed is fluxing around 655 kB/s...does that seem right?
um..... wtf? how did u get that fast? my fastest was 200kb

Cool vid, nice music. The combine guy at the end with the crane does get pulled up for a sec after dying before dropping back to the ground.

Back