new half life video (bink)

Screw the torrents. Both of the web links are going at least 2x faster.

well that just totally kicked ass in high res, so much detail, 'drool'

but where's Pendragon with his High download speed FTP hosting when you need him :p

Was the OICW at GPhoria? thats cool, i was starting to miss that chunky box of death!

Wow, this thread really grew wings after I left. :)

It's going to be the little things that really make Half Life 2 for me ...

Can someone give me a fast link, that german one is going at 4kb/s.

that was pretty rad. thanks to garg for the link. this just raised my hype exponentially.

I like how the combine soldier looks at the rocket as it goes around the crane tower and is about to hit him.

I also liked how one of the resistance screams "we gotta get out of here!" when the Striders attack.

ShadowFox said:
I like how the combine soldier looks at the rocket as it goes around the crane tower and is about to hit him.

Didnt even notice that. Nice.

ok I had to take it off!

It used up 80 gigs. thats 80,000 MB of bandwidth in 6 hours! hahah

OMG TEH ROXXORZ. I cannot wait to play this unbelievably immersive dynamic game. This will make everything before it look like trash. This will be video gaming's Gone With The Wind + The Wizard of Oz.

HL2 really looks like the dawning of a new age in computer gaming entertainment :)

I watched it and I noticed that when he shot a rocket at the guy on the crane that that guy was trying to shoot the rocket before it hit him.I've never seen that before.Must be the complex AI of HL2.

jenne said:
I watched it and I noticed that when he shot a rocket at the guy on the crane that that guy was trying to shoot the rocket before it hit him.I've never seen that before.Must be the complex AI of HL2.

probably why you'd use the laser.. to make the rocket twirl around so he misses it and can't shoot it out... very good ! :cheese:

PAGE 26!!!!

can someone please tell me how much it takes up and what page it is on!???

THANKS

Damn, now I'm looking even more forward to playing this game, you can just tell by the vid that it's going to have an excellent storyline to go along with all the eye candy!

Something tells me we're in for a treat! :cheese:

Feath said:
The E3 2004 Trailer included that same scene with the Strider, but it was further away. Which makes me think that magazines got another BINK. It couldn't have just been the trailer in BINK format.

The ATI and Valve booths at E3 showed two different versions of the same scenes. The striders behaved differently on the two movies that were available. I only kept the best movie on my ftp.

Pjotr said:
The ATI and Valve booths at E3 showed two different versions of the same scenes. The striders behaved differently on the two movies that were available. I only kept the best movie on my ftp.

I wasn't referring to that, I was referring to this.

Oh dear! This Bink is not the complete E3 demo, it's just bits and pieces. The .MOV I posted is a much longer video.

Back