New info from the gameplay videos

It was probably the halo fanboys :LOL:

No, they would be too busy clawing their eyes out after gazing upon the pure divinity that is HL2E2/Portal...

Oh, and some might be prostrating themselves on the ground begging for Gabe's forgiveness and renouncing their previous heresy.

It's poison, Gordon's health doesn't drop because a god-like mode is turned on. There is a console command that enables that - your health will drop, but never enough to die. It was also turned on in the E3 2003 videos.

Not poison, but acidic blood?

The Ant-Lions are turning into:

aliens%202.jpg

I think G-man says "Your not supposed to be here, Forget about all this." which is directed towards Gordon not Alyx, well atleast Half-Directed to her. The line "Forget about this." means "Gordon Forget about Alyx.".

"This" means 'Alyx' I believe.

G-Room.jpg

That wasn't one of the videos that Munro posted on the front page! SO there were six new videos?

It's poison, Gordon's health doesn't drop because a god-like mode is turned on. There is a console command that enables that - your health will drop, but never enough to die. It was also turned on in the E3 2003 videos.

Yeah I kept laughing in one of the videos where gordon kept getting shot by striders, but his health wouldn't go under 15.

I'm with Death eVader - if that non-Eastern European train makes its way into the final product, it won't be worth playing.
I don't know if it's just me, but some of the Antlions in the first video, in the area where Gordon drops that gate down to block them, looked white. And when the Vort or Gordon killed them some exploded into huge clouds of whiteness. Are those the poisonous ones? Seemed like clouds of acid.
I think it's because they're in the hive or whatever, they have parts which fluoresce, like fireflies, etc. The antlion guard had it too.
A tad silly, seeing as they navigate by smell and all, but whatever - it looks awfully swanky.
Also, I get the impression that it's not a poisonous antlion variety, but that all the entrails/blood splat is toxic - if there was an antlion that attacked with poison, I think it'd knock a lot more off your health than the 20 or so in the video. The antlion insides weren't poisonous before though, so that partly scuppers my idea. But then they never shone either - maybe Valve just added it as a touch. It's definitely a cool idea.

I'm with Death eVader - if that non-Eastern European train makes its way into the final product, it won't be worth playing.

QFT. If they can't bother to get trains, which are in no way constantly entering other countries BTW, in the right places, because trains have homes to, why should we bother?

Can someone link to a youtube page with the video of the 'rocket' in, if they know of one.
'Cos I can't watch the IGN vids...

edit: Nevermind, I found it myself:. Watching now...

edit 2: Whoa!

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention, did anyone else notice that the face-off between D0g and the Strider bore a striking resemblance to the scene in last year's King Kong where he fights the T-Rex?

Looked completly awesome, but did anyone notice how the trailer freezes up for a second when you see the combine on the bridge, and when it comes out you can hear someone saying something, almost sounds like 'hopless'...? i thought it was just me, but after watching the youtube video it looks like its just part of the video.

Looked completly awesome, but did anyone notice how the trailer freezes up for a second when you see the combine on the bridge, and when it comes out you can hear someone saying something, almost sounds like 'hopless'...? i thought it was just me, but after watching the youtube video it looks like its just part of the video.
In the non-youtube video, it doesn't freeze there. A Vortigaunt is saying: "Our cause... seems hopeless.".

I think everybody is missing the most importants points here, mainly being A, the kickass music, and B, DOG FIGHTS A STRIDER D:

I wonder what the part after the G-man's mini speech, with the advisor, is about.

I thought the advisors could only survive here on earth in their pod? From the trailer it looks like it's in the warehouse.

It's "Sense". 100%. Check the higher res videos from Xboxyde.

There's no "i" in "sense" idiot. The IGN vids have the best audio so far.

wow brick, you must be the brains of the group. well done there's no 'i' in the word 'sense'.

SOMEONE GET THIS GUY A MEDAL, HE'S A LITERARY GENIUS!!

It looks as if treading on an Antlion grub summons an Antlion Guard to protect their children. That may just be a coincidence that it arrived then.

Back