New info from the gameplay videos

There's a bit where Gordon is jumping over grubs on a bridge, and he misses on one of them and an Antlion Guard starts chasing him. Can anyone either confirm or deny this and not just tell me the scene cut when it blatantly didn't. :|

Just watched it, and I do think that the Guard sensed that Gordon stepped on one while trying to jump over them. It sounded like something being smashed, but I couldn't really tell.

I didn't see any grubs in the same video as any antlion guards.

It is definately 100% Silence..... The original thing people thought it was was sex ^^ but think about it... Silence makes a lot more sense...

There's no I in it, though. It's definitely one syllable, and no I sound, as in silence.

You must be watching the YouTube videos..Look at the high res videos and you can hear it better...

On xboxyde.com...

Higher-res I should say..Not Steam-quality high res..

Oh cool! We finally see the inside of an Antlion nest! Well, bioluminescence isn't so far fetched. It may be the Antlions eat bioluminescent fungi, or something they eat relies on the glowy bits for some reason. No reason why they can't have glowy bits. ;)

But... wow. I didn't get Episode 1... I just may get Episode 2. Just wow.

Anyone remember Star Control II's infamous "I said, what are those glowy bits!?" quote? =P

You must be watching the YouTube videos..Look at the high res videos and you can hear it better...

Actually, I was listening to the high-res fileplanet videos (which has much higher sound quality, and isn't a shakycam like xboxyde), and it definitely is not "silence". The closest anyone's gotten in this thread is "sense," and even that's just a maybe. But it is definitely a one-syllable word.

I think G-man says "Your not supposed to be here, Forget about all this." which is directed towards Gordon not Alyx, well atleast Half-Directed to her. The line "Forget about this." means "Gordon Forget about Alyx.".

"This" means 'Alyx' I believe.

That's an interesting interpretation but I am not sure. Valve is always wanting the player experience to be immersive (one of the reasons why Gordon doesn't talk they don't want to impose what they think Gordon would say with what we think Gordon would say) and it would be impossible for the player to pretend to have never known Alyx.

Look at the eyes of Gman. When he says "Your not supposed to be here, Forget about all this." he's looking at Alyx and then immediatly after that his eyes turn to the camera with the "You're next, DUN DUN DUNNNN" look on his face. So its clearly directed towards Alyx, not the player.

antlionguard.jpg

I'm afraid Dog is going to die. Perhaps not in that one-on-one battle with the Strider, but I sense that it is time for something real tragic to happen in the series. I don't think there would be anything sadder than Dog sacrificing himself to save Gordon and maybe some others. It's that whole "he's just a robot, but his emotions seem so real" thing that would tear me up inside. I don't know about you guys, but when Data died in Star Trek Nemesis, I cried.

I'm afraid Dog is going to die. Perhaps not in that one-on-one battle with the Strider, but I sense that it is time for something real tragic to happen in the series. I don't think there would be anything sadder than Dog sacrificing himself to save Gordon and maybe some others. It's that whole "he's just a robot, but his emotions seem so real" thing that would tear me up inside. I don't know about you guys, but when Data died in Star Trek Nemesis, I cried.

Yup I was actually thinking about Dog and when the topic was made about who was going to die, I thought we had neglected Dog. I would personally very upset if Dog died. Mainly because he is like awsome and can kick arse, but also because he is nice, friendly and playful, just like a real dog, he may be a robot but he shows emotions too. So if it was him I would say he sacrifices himself for Gordon or Alyx in some way. Also, imagine the impact on Alyx, I mean Dog must be Alyx's oldest friend. Valve did say we will see a large developing of Alyx's character in EP2. I think its a very good possibility.

Valve have already confirmed that a few primary characters will be offed in the episode trilogy.

I seriously hope DOG dies.
I reminds me of Jar Jar binks in Star wars (the first trilogy of course), both are annoying characters that could've been replaced with something better.

Just my opinion though.

p.s. : and if DOG dies defeding Gordon (me), I'd be even more happy.

I don't know about DOG but I wouldn't be surprised if Mossman bit the dust.

Mossman = no charisma too.

Maybe I just can't get into the new characters?

Here's some Hi-res pic's from Steams hi-res Half-Life 2: Episode Two's trailer...

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-1-3.jpg

Advisorteli.jpg

AdvisorSlug.jpg

House.jpg

Like I said , let the combine overtake DOG , so we will face him in Ep3.

Mossman will definitely bite the dust. Thank god.

What’s the problem with Mossman? I like Mossman. She is an emotionally vulnerable woman who can't quite decide what’s right. :p

What’s the problem with Mossman? I like Mossman. She is an emotionally vulnerable woman who can't quite decide what’s right. :p

Aaaaah you gotta love those emotionally vulnerable women...

Mossman seems like a very sexually mature woman. Knows just how to please a man.

yuch, lets not bring up mossman on sexual content please, no thank you. But yeah character wise i think she plays a good role in the storyline.

Plus the idea of DOG getting captured and reprogramed to work for the Combine, and then you have to fight him EP3, i love that idea ;)

Back