NEW Version of Physgun released! v0.3 by JB55

doesn't work for me, i installed it right but when i type give weapon_physgun it says it attempted to create unknown entity type.

chu said:
doesn't work for me, i installed it right but when i type give weapon_physgun it says it attempted to create unknown entity type.
If you got that error, then you did something wrong.

Checklist:
1.) Extracted jbmod into "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2" and NOT "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\hl2". Thusly, the path after extraction to the MOD should be "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\jbmod"
2.) You created a shortcut to run Half-Life 2, with the target on the shortcut being "C:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 220 -game jbmod"
3.) After starting a map, you typed "sv_cheats 1" in the console.
4.) You typed "give weapon_physgun" and not "give weapon_physcannon" or any other variation.

If it still dosent work, reinstall; becuase the error you got is pretty much saying "the thing you wanted to spawn dose not exist", which it should if you installed properly.

hey white, this has never happened before but for some reason it happenes now, i get the error, gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in jbmod. ahh wats wrong??

so how exactly do i weld things together? i tried going to d3_coast_03 or whatever, and i pickd up one of those road block signs, shot a giblet onto it, then shot another onto the warthog, and then tried smashing dem together, didnt work...

Good to see JB55 is still in buisness, he was an old beta modder/mapper

Many like romeojguy got shot down

Psychx said:
so how exactly do i weld things together? i tried going to d3_coast_03 or whatever, and i pickd up one of those road block signs, shot a giblet onto it, then shot another onto the warthog, and then tried smashing dem together, didnt work...
Did you try to smash them together using the physgun?

hey white, this has never happened before but for some reason it happenes now, i get the error, gameinfo.txt doesn't exist in jbmod. ahh wats wrong??
Not sure why that randomly happened...
Just download the mod and extract it to the same place. Should fix it.

i had that problem when i extracted the contents of the jb mod folder to my half life 2 directory instead of just copying the whole folder

neil.b said:
i had that problem when i extracted the contents of the jb mod folder to my half life 2 directory instead of just copying the whole folder

lol, yeah, that would be a bad idea.
That also wouldent be following the ReadMe instructions.
:bounce:

Does anyone know of any other weapon mods such as this?

Thanks for all the support, Whitezero!

Good man! :smoking:

not working

It's not working!

the loading times are crazy and still i cant get that physgun! :(

what am i doing wrong

and yes, i unzipped the mod into Half-life2 folder.

Well, since we don't know what you're trying, we can't tell you what your doing wrong.

One thing, though: Are you typing the right thing into the console? "give weapon_physgun", not "give weapon_physcannon"?

if you do it right you will get a maplist.txt missing message in your console

type maps * to get a list a maps, then type "map d1_coast_02" (or whatever map you want)

when it loads, type sv_cheats 1, then give weapon_physgun

i cant even get the bloody thing to work, the instant i try using the shortcut, it says the local steam service isnt running (*^@#(ING steam

Way to put out the mod that was entirely based off a beta concept and then turned on what existed in hammer allready. Whoop deee dooo.

grr, i do everything but when i type in give weapon_physgun nothing happens

Reaperman said:
if you do it right you will get a maplist.txt missing message in your console

type maps * to get a list a maps, then type "map d1_coast_02" (or whatever map you want)

when it loads, type sv_cheats 1, then give weapon_physgun

that's exactly what i did.
Still get that unknown entity error. ;(

wonkers said:
Way to put out the mod that was entirely based off a beta concept and then turned on what existed in hammer allready. Whoop deee dooo.
And? Your not really contributing to this thread at all with that comment. Good job.

Still get that unknown entity error.
Then you did not install it right.

To all the people that can't get it to work: Follow this checklist:
Checklist:
1.) Extracted jbmod into "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2" and NOT "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\hl2". Thusly, the path after extraction to the MOD should be "C:\Steam\SteamApps\username\half-life 2\jbmod"
2.) You created a shortcut to run Half-Life 2, with the target on the shortcut being "C:\Steam\Steam.exe -applaunch 220 -game jbmod"
3.) You typed "give weapon_physgun" and not "give weapon_physcannon" or any other variation.

If it still dosent work, reinstall; becuase the error you got is pretty much saying "the thing you wanted to spawn dose not exist", which it should if you installed properly.
EDIT: I'm not sure why the forum wants to put a space in "half", but it is all one word.

There's no (proper) instructions, so here's some. Go into the console and type 'phys_gunautoweld 1', and then 'map d1_trainstation_02'. Move past the annoying can guy and find yourself some nice boxes to play with.

To weld two objects, fire using right mouse button at the contact point on each object. You'll get a red 'pellet' there. Then, use the primary fire to smash the first pellet into the second (by moving the box). I recommend trying on boxes first because they seem to be easiet. You'll hear a metallic 'clink' sound and they should be welded.

Might be a good idea if the author gave an installer or something (or if this could be done via a savegame, give that too).

This just in:

jb55 said:
Alright, I just fixed one of the biggest bugs. It will no longer crash when you are removing individual pellets, any crashing related to the removal of pellets is gone!

Right now i'm going to go play around in building blocks to see if i can make it crash more.

yey, 0.4 will = less crashing

also, i sent an email to him asking about .4, he said that in the next version (.4 i presume) will allow you to SPAWN those C02 filled cannisters to make some nice flying machines :) (btw for those who dont know, you shoot the caps off these and they push tons of air out and fly around really fast! WEEE!)

the CO2 cans are the ones that explode in Ravenholm, yes? I never tried shooting the caps....

w00t! 0.4 is out!
http://www.pcgamemods.com/8922/

New Features in v0.4:
-New console variable: phys_gunattract, ability to turn off pellet attraction. Use
in combination with phys_gunautoweld for best results.
-New console command: ent_create_cannister , create a physics cannister
and colorizes it from least to most powerful. Green = Low Thrust, Red = High Thrust.
-Elimated crashes involving pellet removal, it will no longer crash when removing a pellet
then picking up the object.

BetaMaster said:
the CO2 cans are the ones that explode in Ravenholm, yes? I never tried shooting the caps....

Nope: those are gasoline canisters of some sort. The CO2 cans are much larger, and generally white instead of reddish.

Is there a way to make it so the physgun will not grab manhacks? Every time one of them flies in the beam the game crashes. This has been happening ever since the ability to grab rag dolls (kill NPCs). Or another option would be to have a var to disable the grabbing/killing of NPCs?

Don't know about disabling the ability to catch manhacks... guess you'll just have to be careful.

As for red cannisters, try thrusts anywhere between 1000-10000. I think yellow was 6000ish, and red 8000. I.e., the command for a red cannister could be "ent_create_cannister 8000 100".

thanks a lot,

so to bind it to a key i would type "bind j ent_create_cannister 10000 100" is that correct?

neil.b said:
thanks a lot,

so to bind it to a key i would type "bind j ent_create_cannister 10000 100" is that correct?

well, if theres a space in the command, your going to want to do this:
bind j "ent_create_canister 1000 100"

I followed the readme, but when i try to load the shortcut it says "gameinfo.txt doesnt exist in jbmod" after showing the steam "preparing to play hl2" window for a few seconds

SpuD said:
I followed the readme, but when i try to load the shortcut it says "gameinfo.txt doesnt exist in jbmod" after showing the steam "preparing to play hl2" window for a few seconds
Try reinstalling?
Check and make sure there is a gameinfo.txt file in both the jbmod folder, and in jbmod\scripts
Their both called gameinfo.txt but each contain different material.

Don't worry about v0.3. v0.4 is out now, guyxxorz!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
OMGWTFROFLMAOLOLOLOLOLOLOL J()() n00Bzzzz!!!!11

SpuD said:

you have it in the wrong folder, put it in the half-life 2 folder not the hl2 folder.

Need some help. I got the mod working fine, except, in game, I have no ammo counter (do we now have infinite pellets?), and I have no idea how to weld. I turned on the physautoweld command, or whatever it was. This is what I was doing:

Put pellet on wall. Put pellet on object. Grabbed object and tried to mash object with pellet together with pellet on wall. When I picked up the object I was meaning to weld, the pellet on it turned green, and the one on the wall started shooting out sparks like crazy. I tried lots of ways to get them to stick, but had no luck. What am I doing wrong?

You're still using v0.3. That's your first problem. Or are you using 0.4?

EDIT
And I didn't find phys_autoweld helpful in any way. It seemed to repel the objects, even with phys_attract or whatever turned on/off/whatever the opposite of the default it.

When i run the hl2.exe shortcut on my desktop....the game loads up and in the console window it says "cant load maps" or somthing like that. I goto load game or saved games it dosent show any of my save points..infact i cant even start a new game. Please help me thanx.

Looks fun.

Back