New warning system

You can view your warning points and warning types by going to your profile.

Nice system. There is no link in my User CP however. The only way to access the page appears to be through the Quick Nav menu. Am I missing it somewhere?

Pfft, well I don't bloody know :p

I have all the super mod tools remember, I see almost everything so I wouldn't know what's where for you guys :)

For example, above everyone of your posts I see: "View MaxiKana's Warnings" etc. ;)

You can all access your warnings by the following link which can also be found in the Quick Nav menu :) http://www.halflife2.net/forums/Warn.php?do=ViewMyWarnings

Chris, if we get points for whatever reason, will a mod (the one who clicks the warning button) let us know via pm or email what it is we've done wrong?

Fair enough we should know already if we are breaking the rules but someone could construe this post itself as spam and give me warning points and i wouldnt have a clue why... In the last system we knew because a mod would post in the thread itself.

oldagerocker said:
Chris, if we get points for whatever reason, will a mod (the one who clicks the warning button) let us know via pm or email what it is we've done wrong?

Fair enough we should know already if we are breaking the rules but someone could construe this post itself as spam and give me warning points and i wouldnt have a clue why... In the last system we knew because a mod would post in the thread itself.
If you goto 'View Your Warnings' you'll notice theres a section for all the warnings that you get.
It says what post you were warned for, what kind of warning it was, and a place for them to comment.

oldagerocker said:

You automatically get an e-mail/PM saying what the warning is and why. When we warn you it's tied to that specific post. Also the moderators can input their own comments. At any time if you're unsure of why you're getting a warning, you will know who has warned you so you can politely request more information from that person - as was the old system anyway. We're always available to hear from you politely and in private to discuss our actions. We say private, not because we're trying to hide something but just because it's pointless making a thread when it'll be much easily be resolved directly with us.

You can't check all the post, can you? Some must slip past your net... It sounds good, though, let's hope it works.

The_Monkey said:
You can't check all the post, can you? Some must slip past your net... It sounds good, though, let's hope it works.
Yeah of course, it's just like the old system in terms of what we'll notice as being troublesome posts, though in theory we now have more time to look for them as it takes less time to warn people :)

Naturally using the Reported Post button is a great help to us.

That's the one that looks like:
report.gif

heh as long as the spam post thing isnt taken too strictly it should be good.

Chris_D said:
Yeah of course, it's just like the old system in terms of what we'll notice as being troublesome posts, though in theory we now have more time to look for them as it takes less time to warn people :)

Naturally using the Reported Post button is a great help to us.

That's the one that looks like:
report.gif

Do we get any rewards if we report someone he he gets a warning? Say...one point lesser? ;)

Hehe, no unfortunately not. However if you are generally a good member of the community it may help you get unbanned if it ever gets to that point.

People seem to forget how closely we watch this community, even if it doesn't seem like it at times. It's how we chose new moderators, how we weed out the bad members and how we remember the good members.

Honestly, this system is really more easy going on you all. Our previous system had very little structure - under times of pressure and high user counts we would ban for very little indeed. This is a much more fair way of going about things.

Yeah it makes sense and there will be no more "Why was person x banned" threads since everyone will be able to see why.

Excellent. I can't wait for this system to cure the boards of most of the plauge of spam and trolling :D

Fat Tony! said:
Yeah it makes sense and there will be no more "Why was person x banned" threads since everyone will be able to see why.
yep. And as Axyon says, its much fairer now. And you'll be able to see if someone is likely trouble, if they have warnings for spam or trolling, then you'll know its not worth getting involved as you could be warned as easily as he could over it.

So it will create a divide, between those who are welcome and those who aren't. Ultimately making it a nicer place to post.

And I think we have TDE to thank for the idea don't we? :)

Chris_D said:
Hehe, no unfortunately not. However if you are generally a good member of the community it may help you get unbanned if it ever gets to that point.

People seem to forget how closely we watch this community, even if it doesn't seem like it at times. It's how we chose new moderators, how we weed out the bad members and how we remember the good members.

/me suddenly starts behaving

The Dark Elf said:
yep. And as Axyon says, its much fairer now. And you'll be able to see if someone is likely trouble, if they have warnings for spam or trolling, then you'll know its not worth getting involved as you could be warned as easily as he could over it.

So it will create a divide, between those who are welcome and those who aren't. Ultimately making it a nicer place to post.

I hope so... I hope so...

Really good idea. Let's hope it will work in practice as well as thought.

I am sure it will, MaxiKana...

Chris_D said:

TDE deserves a prize! :D

Chris_D said:
*blushes* your too kind :p

Bliink deserves some credit though too, I wasn't the only one who went on about having this until we got it hehehe.

True, true...

TDE and Bliink need commending because they moaned about it for so long and Munro needs commending because he ignorerd their moaning for so long and then put in all that work implementing it.

/me congratulates everyone, then himself.

I think it's an excellent system. It undoubtably brings a sense of authority in the forum- before you could say "well they probally won't warn me". Now the system is more machine like- as long as mods STICK to the program, you will be able to say "If i do this, i WILL be warned".

Suicide42 said:
I think it's an excellent system. It undoubtably brings a sense of authority in the forum- before you could say "well they probally won't warn me". Now the system is more machine like- as long as mods STICK to the program, you will be able to say "If i do this, i WILL be warned".
Oh we'll stick to it, its much more fun warning people this way because they simply can't argue about it, and doing so will end up getting them a warning, insulting us will get them a warning..

More warnings, less banning (if people keep out of trouble that is hehe)

My thoughts exactly, Suicide :)

If the mods stick with this, this community will be better than before! That is, if the mods stick with it

Danimal said:
My thoughts exactly, Suicide :)

If the mods stick with this, this community will be better than before! That is, if the mods stick with it
Like I say, we will stick with it. The fun part is being annoying and complaining is a bigger warning than what they'd probably be originally warned for.

Which is just poetic :E

You just made me pitcure someone throw thier computer out of the window after me reading that, Dark Elf.

If you continue to expand the rules and make them more opressive (They're perfect now, but i'm saying if you mods were to get power greedy), This forum could end up like city 17, which is a good thing.

IMAGINE- in the future, ALL forums have been overtaken by spammers. The internet is only a shadow of it's former glory, and google searches now return infinite amounts of adverts and pron. They called it the 7 hour spamming spree- when the spammers took over the internet and left no forum un-turned.

Except for HL2.net. The mod's strict rules and regulations kept the spammers at bay, and their use of propoganda meant people were attracted to it. But once they entered, your IP was locked to the site and it became the only forum you could go to. Everyone had to obey the mods (who now have gas mask avatars) or they would be banned to the wasteland, and be devoured by spammers.

But there were some who resisted... some who remembered the good old days when the threads weren't locked frequently and when the rules were in a perfect balance with the users.

One of these people was Gordon fre-- err, i mean, Suicide42, Who sported the famous "crowbar avatar" and weilded the "holy number". He fought through the armies of mods and finally caught up with dr. bree- i mean, munro, and freed the forum once and for all.

spammers invade.

the end.

it's a forum adventure! etc. etc.

What if we donate to the site through PayPal or something? ;)

Suicide, you forgot to mention me! I'm the guy who uhh... Helped...? In some way?

I like it, just noticed some had those warning lvls. So i thought what the hell is that, but now after reading about it, it sounds really nice.. :)

a toast for Bliink and TDE :cheers: and also one for Munro.. just for deleting the Database yesterday.. :cheers:

Great plan HL2net. Your forums are the best run already and this will only improve them. I love coming to these forums because they are well moderated. People can express their opinions in a sensible way without fearing retribution. Those who cant grasp this system will probably be banned pretty quickly.

/ Nice

Good job

I plan to sit on this forum Till HL3 cometh out ;)

See I told you Chris!!!!!!

Ikerous said:
Damnit >_> That red writing is so neat...
You realize that merely encourages spamming :-/
W/e works for ya though, ill drop it ^_^

I realised this just outside of the timelimit, i started editing but when i tried to " save " it told meh to email Munro
/Joims scared

One problemo : I noticed ppl have began to say sorry in there posts if they are creating a new thread and stuff ( as if they think they " might'a " done something wrong)-( already been posted before and stuff)
i reckon this aint too good for users They shouldnt be scared of being smited!

Harummm \/
They should stand up and be smote like a man or woman

If I have two accounts, Can I choose which one that should be banned?

Tr0n said:
Hmmmm...I can see two things happening from that.

A.People showing how many points they have like trophies.

B.Competition

:) :naughty:

I was banned from HLFallout a couple o' months ago, until Nov8th 2006. Lets hope i dont mess up again :afro:

Tight-ass Llama said:
:) :naughty:

I was banned from HLFallout a couple o' months ago, until Nov8th 2006. Lets hope i dont mess up again :afro:
Well these forums are totally diffrent from HLFallouts...it's much more friendly.

Back